ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Strut brace advice with cup racer suspension and arb

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Hi all.
I've currently bought and fitted a full set off cup racer suspension for my 182 cup packed car which I had to customise to fit :),
As a extra add on 2 stiffen the rear up I've also bought a whiteline anti rollbar.
So this is my problem would I benifit from a rear strut brace or would it be a waist off money?
And also did the cup racer cars have a rear strut braces?
Thanks in advance for all your inputs an advice :)
cheers Damien

Stripped yozza'd cup
People are about 50/50 on strut braces on here.... Some swear by them, others think they're pointless.....

But I can tell you from my experience, that I won't be taking mine off ever. Made a LOT of difference IMO. Whether the difference will be as noticeable with the Whiteline, I couldn't tell you.

RenaultSport Clio 172 FF
I have front and rear strut braces on my 172 and swear by them. Mine wont be coming off either. I dont think the racers would of had them, as the shells would of had a weld in cage, so there would of been no need.

whiteline arb is one of the best and most cheapest mod i have done, well worth the money, only takes 20 mins to fit and your away. The back end feels more taught and sharper, and you can actually feel the load on the tyre thats trying to hold on for grip so you have a better indication and warning before it lets go. just my 2p worth.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Cheers all for your inputs and advise, my car doesn't have a cage as I ain't got the time to strip and weld it in myself and I don't like the thought off bolt in cages, so was hoping to stiffen it up by other means and methods.
But truthfully I'm not intending to roll it on a track lol.

CLIO PH1 172
iv taken my rear strut brace of as it was doing nothing specialy as i now have a custom rear arb (in other words dont bother mate) you wont even know its there!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Would like to Thank all for your inputs :).
As from what most ppl have said looks like it will be pointless and a complete waist off money on something that won't work with the mods I have.
So again thanks guys :)

260% JCW
Quesiton: Why do people think they dont work?

Surely they will help reduce the amount of movement from the two top rubber bushes?

CLIO PH1 172
just my opinion but i felt zero difference, well maybe a tiny bit-but thats probably because i knew it wasther, if you know what i mean. but i then fitted my rear arb a whhooooooooooo what a difference the ride though corners changed dramaticly!

260% JCW
Ive got the Whiteline ARB and swapped the rear brace for a bag of roast beef flavoured Monster Munch, to be honest i think it all helps improve handling.

phase 1 172 sport
IF you have fitted so called cup racer suspension you would not need a rear strut brace cup racer suspension comes with a OMP brace as standard.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
IF you have fitted so called cup racer suspension you would not need a rear strut brace cup racer suspension comes with a OMP brace as standard.

It's only the front that's comes with the strut brace as it's part off the top mounts. Not the rear

phase 1 172 sport
Read what i put i have cup racer suspension it only comes with a OMP front strut brace you don,t need a rear brace.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Read what i put i have cup racer suspension it only comes with a OMP front strut brace you don,t need a rear brace.

Sorry my bad using my iPhone while driving a hgv ain't always good, but 4 legal reasons I was parked up ;)
sorry mate