ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear wiper out of control

clio sport172
Hi, I'm trying to sort out a fiew niggles on my newly acquired clio 172 (03 plate).
when I start the car the rear wiper will start doing its thing even though the stalk is in the off position. This continues for about 2 minutes then it turns itself off. Once off I can't turn them on using the stalk but the water jet works fine as do the front wipers.
the car has been stood for 2 years so not sure if that has anything to do with it? Has anyone experienced similar problems and more importantly know how to fix it?

thanks

FF Clio 182
Check the relay. Had same sort of issue on a 2 litre Golf GTI. Turned engine on and the windscreen wipers would always be on even if the stalk was in the off position. Check relay first as that's always a cheap fix, if that doesn't do it then consider other options.

clio sport172
Thanks for the replies. Which relay is the one for the wiper motor as I don't have a manual for the car yet.
​im in South Wales cave ski thanks for the offer

clio sport172
Thanks for the help everyone ill be having a closer look at it soon, I've pulled the fuse out for the time beeping ;)