ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a Cordless 1/2" impact gun

172 cup
As above, must come with at least 2 batteries. Generally to take out the graft of me working my arse off to get really tight thing undone by hand so must be a torque'y little bugger. Whats your experiences with these guys? Budget is £150-£250, ideally around £200 but would go to £250 if it meant it would be much better

172 cup
Thanks but I always like to buy new especially with electrical items, you pay a lot for the label with snap on unfortunately

2003 Clio 172
The DeWalt one you quoted says 3000in/lb 300ft/lb which does not add up so may be 250 ft/lb

Snap on one has peak torque of 620 ft/lb

172 cup
Do you work for snap on or something, really trying to push me towards it ha. I've checked it out on dewalts web site and its good for 418nm which is more then enough for what ill be using it for

Clio 172 Ph2
I've used this one daily at work for over 2 years now its been brilliant for a budget gun.....

060810622.jpg

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/060810622

172 cup
I've used this one daily at work for over 2 years now its been brilliant for a budget gun.....

View attachment 78999

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/060810622

My uncles got the exact same one and to be honest it struggles most the time, only rated to 200nm which isnt much at all, want it to be able to handle things id be really putting effort into undoing by hand

2003 Clio 172
Have a look at

Clarke CIR450
Sealey CP2400
Draper 36986

You have to consider how often it would be used (what battery type it has) NiCds are fussy buggers for charging before they are fully discharged, recharging them prematurely can decrease the capacity and life.
Where you will be using it and how confined that space is (size of gun)

I would still highly recommend a used snap on. You aren't paying for a sticker, it's not rebranded chinese crap. It is the best of the best in most areas. Most guns claims peak torque in nm as it reads higher, none of them anywhere near the 620 lb/ft the snap on has.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I have... Wait, no I had the Sealey SP2450 until it caught fire today!

I normally go for Snap On but the price difference really swung me toward the Sealey. I know it's an inferior product but for what it does (which in my case is rattle off wheel bolts and really long bolts that would take forever with a rachet) it was perfect... Again, was LoLz

Mick

172 cup
Thats the sealey out then ha. Still swayed towards the dewalt for the money unless anyone can suggest better new for similar money

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
ECP have one on offer at the moment, think its a clarke one. i wont bother wirh anything but snap on/ bluepoint

172 cup
I cant justify snap on as I wouldnt use it enough. Dewalt ordered now anyhow, thanks for the input even if you all are snap on snobs ha

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I borrowed my mates snap on gun when I re shelled my car and it s***s all over my bluepoint one. There was nothing it couldn't undo! lol.

Dodgy one
Ive had my snap on almost a year now got it off my dealer, there's not a nut or bolt it hasn't managed to crack off, People rave about them and they are bloody awesome However if you aren't using it regular i'd go with a cheaper model as suggested. I don't think you'd get a 6850 for £200 either one of the older ones yeah probrably but batteries aren't their strong point.

Ive been offered £350 trade in on mine with my dealer against the new 7850. Told him i don't really fancy it though as hes wanting another £300 on top lol tells me it comes with a light (woooo) No good for shooting my rabbits ;)

Chap i work with uses the dewalt TBH if your cracking wheel bolts off, suspension bolts etc it'l be good enough,

Makita for me they are brilliant.

We use them at work cracking old rusty bolts & nuts does the job spot on. Very handy when you have about 100 nuts to spin off.

Audi A5
It has to be a snap on one, will last forever, always get a new one/repaired if it brakes and your always claw a lot of the cost back when you sell it.

Saying that I am a snappy b**ch :)