ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing air conditioning cheaply

Clio 172
I know i had a thread up about this a while back ,and picked burp's brains about the cheapest way to go about removing the air conditioning from my ph1 172. I am about to order all the stuff i need to do a cam and aux belt change, which has got me looking for a way of removing the air con again before i do the job in order to prevent having to do the aux belt again at a later stage. I busted my air con rad accidentally when changing the main rad, so it doesnt work anymore.

I know the easiest way around it is to get a 127 cup setup, but these don't come cheap and aren't easily found.

The way burp went about it was to use a laguna bracket, volvo 440 adjuster, alternator and PAS pump with a custom PAS line, which is cheap but is proving to be difficult to find in irish scrap yards.

Which leads me to my question...

Would the setup off a 2.0 16v renault espace work?

I have been searching a little on here, knowing some of the espaces come with a variant of the f4r engine also found in the RS clios. It turns out the block is the exact same, just with differences in the intenals. Does this mean the auxillary setup is similar to that of a 172 cup, provided the espace doesnt have air con?

Mk2 172
Anyone?

Or will the full setup from a 1.8 8v rsi clio fit? Or even a 1.8 16v?

Im currently doing this to my car and i dont believe the espace stuff fits but im not definately sure. Im going to use the volvo setup too i think as the cup setup is just too expensive.
Burp is the man to speak to but hes on his honeymoon :)
Send him a pm and he will get it when hes back