ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Glasur and Sealing Archliners

Right, two questions:

First up, I applied some Amigo last week, looked great at the time, but I don't think it bonded too well because I couldn't strip my Glasur off!

I used a strong concentration of G101 (always removed previous waxes) but when I came to rinsing, the wax was still present.

I want to apply the Amigo again this weekend, but what is the best way to remove the Glasur? I've heard of IPA but I have no idea what it is, where to get it, and how to use it?!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Second question, I want to seal the archliners, both to get them looking a little darker, and to keep them from getting too grubby.

I personally find C4 goes back to grey pretty quickly, so is there anything better out there? Currently I'm thinking of just spraying them with black paint, and giving them a good few layers of FK100p, any reason why I should, or shouldn't do this? :eek:

Cheers,

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Arch liners really need a lot of work and C4 is the only thing that will last otherwise use Chemical guys bare bones but you would be using that after every clean. :)

About Glasur use a harsher pad with Amigo and work it to remove the Glasur if you don't have anything else. G101 2x strong hits should remove the Glasur though.

Arch liners really need a lot of work and C4 is the only thing that will last otherwise use Chemical guys bare bones but you would be using that after every clean. :)

About Glasur use a harsher pad with Amigo and work it to remove the Glasur if you don't have anything else. G101 2x strong hits should remove the Glasur though.

Cheers gally, so is a cheeky bit of painting and some strong wax not going to do it?

I'll get some more G101, as I used the last of it, and have another go. What concentration would you say?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Wont work mate, way too much debris and the paint won't stick to the plastic, no matter what prep you do. Look at what stone chips do to a bumper.

Try a 50/50 mix mate or just clay the car then amigo by machine then Glasur.

Ahhh yeah I never thought of that, okay, no worries then.

Nice one, I'll give it a whirl, I was using probably 1:3 or 1:4 when I did it, thought that would be strong enough, I'll try 1:2 :)

Cheers mate :)

In fact, I'll get a photo of them when I get home. Did them a long time ago and they are still perfectly clean.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Was your only prep before amigo a pre rinse with g101?

What about a tar or iron remover, claying maybe? With any of my waxes cheap or expensive I try and strip and lay a decent base for them, All get some kind of pre wax cleanser now. IPA s an alcoholic panel wipe, have a look through i4detailing

As for C4. It will outlast your arch liners IMO, I've not really known it to grey as such, and use it on all my mud flaps. Do you use anything strong to wash it down with?

I did a full decon on the wax, I thought the only thing to remove it would bee G101, surely tardis and deironisor wouldn't do anything to Glasur?

I use G101 on the plastics before treating them.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Tardis is pretty much stronger than G101 in some cases. Ironx not so much.

Just clay it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It melts tar, what's the chances of wax surviving.

C1 though... :eek: