ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Marks on Roof of Car

Clio 172
Ok ... have a flame red 172 ph2 and when i clean and polish the car there are a couple of patches on the roof (about 1sq inch each) that are like grease marks / a lighter colour??? No idea what they are or how they got there but RUIN the look :( any ideas how to remove them?

I'm in the Oxford area if anyone fancies giving me a hand :p

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
How funny, I have a ph1 cherry red (kinda like flame) and noticed I have one of these on the wing today, its stubborn but it does come out if you just rub at it a lot! The ones on you're roof should polish out alright!

Golf GTD Mk7
Could be etching from bird crap. Might need polishing more to remove. If it's greasy then tar remover might work. Turps could also, but put on a cloth and rub lightly. It's hard to say without pics really

Clio 172
Ok no problem, last time i cleaned and detailed tried rubbing HARD with polish for ages but to no avail! will try and get pics when i clean tomorrow

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Its not poo etching (well if its what mine is) I've never seen anything like it tbh, looks like a blob of wd40 or similar? But a good rub with a damp cloth today saw most of mine come off, just need to do the rest (this was my lunch break) lol

Golf GTD Mk7
Scratch X by meguiars would be good for hand removal of swirls.

Autoglym super resin polish is good for hiding swirls but wont remove much as its just fillers.

wouldn't aggree with that to be honest. you need some strong arms put it that way, and a lot of patience. DONT put too much pressure on even when you're doing it by hand.

Best to have a look at www.polishedbliss.co.uk. Lots of good basic tips and they sell the stuff too. Although matt at www.i4detailing.co.uk also provides most things and CS discount too :approve: