ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing rear seats

Currently trying to remove the rear seats. I have got as far as to remove the two large bolts at either side (a fvcking c**t btw) and thought I was on the home straight untill I came across this little beauty. A large torx bit which just seems unmoveable! Try WD40, mole grips, wrenches. Dont know what else to try?

Cheers

screw.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d
When i took my seats out that bolt was really hard to get out, i suppose try some WD40 and just undo it. I put a little bit of copper slip on the bolt when i ended up putting the seats back in.

I moved it about half a turn and thought that was it. However it tightened back up and now wont budge. Coating it with WD40 seems to make no difference.

Any ideas?

Audi A3
what worried me was on mine i didnt need to remove the bolt the seats came away with ease, get something on the torq key to get better leverage?

what worried me was on mine i didnt need to remove the bolt the seats came away with ease, get something on the torq key to get better leverage?

Tried that with mole grips, in the end the rubber handle on the torq key started moving instead of the bolt.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Hmmmmm my mate tryed taking his seats out and he said the exact same thing about the bolt getting loose but then getting tight. My bolt came straight out with a bit of force.
From looking at the bolt when i took it out i could see that it was pretty rusted at the bottom of the bolt. I think it hangs below and the water and salt rusts the thread. So when your unscrewing it the rusty part of the bolt is probeley getting stuck in the car's thread. If you know what i mean.

t3 corolla 116bhp
i had to get underneath the car with mine to spray wd40 on. leav it an hour or 2 then come back. came off evventually

Audi A3
is it a torq key like an key design if so get a metal pole on the end for more leverage while pushing down as much as you can, usually works ive found if somethings stuck

eventually got them out anyway, bodged a 'ratchet torq' with numerous sockets and connectors.

thanks anyway all!

Untitled.jpg