ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Its been a while...just a quick update ...

Had a few xmas prezzies for the 5... and now fitted a few bits..
Some Omp harnesses and a nice Sparco suede steering wheel.. :cool:

Heres a pic to compare the large standard wheel to the more sporty Sparco.. it fits in much better with the theme of the car and with the other upgrades already done..

SPARCOoldandnewcompare.jpg

and fitted...

NEWinteriorompsparcobits.gif

....and the belts are now in... 4 Point 3" for more comfort. I didnt like the bright yellow OMP logos....so I've darkened them up to tone them down a bit..

steeringwheeloffrearbelts.jpg

ompbelts.gif

Happy boosting! :)

I want another 5, pity most are chavved up or totally fucked and the select few that arent are usually up for crazy money :(

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Awesome! Great eye for detail - and most importantly "What looks good" Very tasteful without going OTT!

Awesome! Great eye for detail - and most importantly "What looks good" Very tasteful without going OTT!

Thanks mate, thats been the thing I have aimed for the whole way thru.. pleased to hear its paying off :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
looks really good but i would of kept the red carpet lol... how much were those buckets?

audi a6 3.0tdi
Thats a great steering wheel i've got the same one in my clio and it feels really good when driving. The cars is amazing as usual :)

Thats a great steering wheel i've got the same one in my clio and it feels really good when driving. The cars is amazing as usual :)

Cheers w, thats good to know.. havent used the car since fitting it.. but it feels nice and grippy, well pleased with it :approve:

Have a few trick bits in a box.... soon as I get any more done I'll pop a few pics up.

Cheers :)

Tangoed Works
immaculate beasty... keep that for summer days only. i equally prefer the interior both before and after.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Thats a very good example!

I'd personally chuck out all the new stuff and put the standard interior back in and apply the correct decals but then I do love a mint standard 5!

Thats a very good example!

I'd personally chuck out all the new stuff and put the standard interior back in and apply the correct decals but then I do love a mint standard 5!

Hey guys... I totally understand. I restored the condition of the car back to its routes which was the 1st goal. I would have shot anyone who modified a standard 5 back then... you'll love these pics then .... I had chips away go over the whole car... and fitted new decals...lights...wipers...seals..wheels refurbed..cleaned up the interior....etc etc kinda what you mean I think. I also loved it like this.... but too late now! lol. personally... the performance and looks are more to my own prefernce nowadays.. but all for standard versions myself too as you can tell....this was after the 1st year of owning getting it like this..

The huge scorpion 4" tail pipe in these pics is no longer on the car that was on it when I bought it..

my5cleanedside.jpg

my5clean.jpg

my5side.jpg

SIDE1.jpg

my5interior1.jpg

my5interior.jpg

boot.jpg

Enjoy :)

Coming along nicely Grant :cool:

One thing i'd be tempted to do would be update the dash board though, looking at the pics again I realised how dated it looks now (yeah I know it's an 80's car) If not the dash, possibly the dials/needles or something ;)

Coming along nicely Grant :cool:

One thing i'd be tempted to do would be update the dash board though, looking at the pics again I realised how dated it looks now (yeah I know it's an 80's car) If not the dash, possibly the dials/needles or something ;)

I hear u... its just a slow happening kinda thing... I do a bit and then it gets put on hold for a bit...then I do a bit more.....eventually it will have something there ;) where can I get a Zonda dashboard?

Had a bit of a play around as the weather was so good yesterday... I have a spare set of wheels... the original speedlines so had a go at painting them... this was just a test to see how they would look..

Heres a before and after...

5gttalloysbeforepaintedgrey.jpg

after...

5gttgreyalloyrims.jpg

speedlinesafterpainted.jpg

Then did a test fit...

15.jpg

12.gif

I'm staying with the 15's .. I think they suit the car better...

rear15son.jpg

also...doing a back to back comparison.. the car feels like jelly on a plate compared to the 15s.. it feels a lot more planted and I could feel myself needing to be carefull when corning.. so the 15s have there job back.

I have another idea... and will see if it works out.. or not ;)

Thanks for the good feedback :)

Have started fitting some new hoses.... couldnt do anymore just now as it started raining....

redhoses0008.jpg

redhoses0001.jpg

redhoses0003.jpg

redhoses0006.jpg

and.... getting the interior on its way as well.... I've trimmed the plastics in some nice suede alcantara.... more to follow... early days.. :)

greysuedereartrim.jpg

alcantarabits.jpg

carbonandsuedetrim.jpg

R5 GTT
Looks really good matey I may steal your idea of the suede alecsntra trim for mine. Get dome more pics of them fitted up.

Looks really good matey I may steal your idea of the suede alecsntra trim for mine. Get dome more pics of them fitted up.

Who's alecsntra lol? u been on the brew again? :D yep... no probs James... looks so much better than the dated plastic... I'm very anti-plastic bits at the mo... its gotto go or get covered with something.. :) I'm looking into getting the dash trimmed (myself) getting some good pointers at the mo, but going to put that aside for now... (bottled it!) but will deff be something I am going to improve upon and should finish off the interior nicely when its all done.

Thanks for the kind votes with the replies.