ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 GT Turbo project pics .. updated

Fitted a new gear gaitor and handbrake last week...

newgaitorandhandbrake.jpg

Looks great mate, although im unsure of the choice of red hoses for some reason i dunno why !

I hear you Bio, thats cool I like to hear varied opinions.. not everything is to everyones taste :) but its really far from finished in the engine dept.. I have a box of bits I havent even added yet and other bits will be changed around the green filter is going for silver cossy gp A.. and a few more changes..one off carbon fiber parts are being fabricated, it will look quite different when its all finished.

Its just a slow going thing, I just get a bit done in stages :)

R5 GTT
Who's alecsntra lol? u been on the brew again? :D yep... no probs James... looks so much better than the dated plastic... I'm very anti-plastic bits at the mo... its gotto go or get covered with something.. :) I'm looking into getting the dash trimmed (myself) getting some good pointers at the mo, but going to put that aside for now... (bottled it!) but will deff be something I am going to improve upon and should finish off the interior nicely when its all done.

Thanks for the kind votes with the replies.

Lol It's this bloody itouch I am using for the Internet at the mo just not good with my sausage fingers LOL

Thanks for the praise guys... really appreciate it... sorry these were a bit late... but u might be able to tell... it wasnt a 5 minute job... :S

Here are some of my new interior pics, now its all come together you can kind of see where I was going with it.... I am very pleased with it now.. its a great place to sit now.. I think pretty much everything has been touched... nothing was left original.. even if it was just the finish.. it was changed.. hope u like it..

carbonsuedeleathertrimjuly2009co-2.jpg

carbonsuedeleathertrimjuly2009co-3.jpg

carbonsuedeleathertrimjuly2009co-7.jpg

interiorcompletedJuly18th2009b.jpg

Mint as always, I think the only two things I dislike about your car is the fact it's got a sunroof and I'm not keen on the wheels. The rest is mint.

Thanks guys... I'm not doin no more...lol..I have had enough for a while now...haha it will do me now lol.. :D

5-2.jpg

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
i used to have a raider 1990 g plate sold it for 1700 6 years ago!!!! wish iheld onto the turbo was so addictive i could launch out of roundabouts and was as quick as my pals red top nova up to *20mph! coolant hoses would always burst radiator leaked even after fitting a copper cored one it leaked again.i think the fastest gt turbo uses the standard airbox i seen a green induction kit in the photos personally wouldnt use an induction kit on this car as theres wayy too much heat under the bonnet.loved the cold nightsin the winter time so much faster so much more boost lol the best fun car i ever owned used to waste alot of so called fast cars my car looked s**t there was no sign it was fast due to it being a raider in dark dull blue with no gtturbo decals!!!! wolve in sheeps clothing i even outran the police in it one night!!!! the brakes were fantastic better than the acceleration te only thing that pissed me off about it that it was so bnloody unreluiable there was always something needing done!!!!!!!
i couldnt understand why my pal who had a 1.9 205 liked his car so much when i drove his i was like is this it? its boring comapred to mine!!!

I love it apart from the gear knob!

Drives great too?

Thats original... nobody has ever told me they dont like my gear knob before haha. Its not a halfords one... its a B&M quickshift...just comes as part fo the kit.. nice bit of kit. Its cool everyone likes different things tho.. thanks...yeh I love it... great in the evenings when its cooler lately...I dont want to bring it back home :)

The best R5 ive seen by a long way...

Is it a keeper or are you doing it up to sell...???

Thanks for the replies.. muchas gracious..

Its a keeper... very addictive to drive... once your out.. it wants to stay out and play.. great fun!

Is the williams as nice as this mate ? any pictures of that ???

Its missleading a bit... I have owned those listed Reno's previously.. just a list of whats gone before.. heres a pic of the Williams tho...it was one of the originals.. at the time it was an eye catcher.. I still like them.. this was before digi cams... so bit of a poor pic.. nice cars (devil exhaust was cool back then and lowered on konis..lol)

mywilliams1.jpg

I think you should be barred from choosing wheels tbh, lol. The car is immaculate and I love the other mods but your taste in wheels (IMO) is shocking.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes to the decals no to the wheels.

Remember i have first refusal when you sell this ;)

corsa ecoflex
big no no for the wheels mate but yes on the standard decals,also on the wheel side dont go any bigger than 16's as they dont look right,stick with the standard alloys and get a nice refurb done

Awsome mate. Takes me back to watching these race 1.9 GTI's and GTE's. Whitsling turbos and chattering wastegates! Misty eyed!!

Only thing i would do is get some turbines on there. Only a small point though the rest I cant fault!

GOOD WORK!:approve: