ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Dynamique 1.2 16V 2001 Electrical fault

Renault Clio
Hi,

When I finished work today, got into my clio and when I turned it on it cut of just as I was pulling away. This kept happening and eventually when I got it up and on the road at 30mph the engine just cut out completely. Pulled over and every time I turned the ignition on the car was vibrating a lot and when it finally smoothed out the revs just cut out even when my foot was flat on the accelerator. The electrical fault and heater plug sign were illuminated (although I assume they're both one warning light together?).

What might be causing this? And is it going to be costly to fix? The light has come on in the past after I've stalled it but switched off after a few days. I carried on driving it because when i rang up renault they said as long as it doesnt say stop it should be okay to drive on.

Any ideas/ advice would be really appreciated as I have a 30 mile commute to work every morning and can't be without my car!

Many thanks