ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio Mk2 Phase 2 Upper Grill Change/swap

2001 Renault Clio
Hello,

Ive currently got a 2001 Mk2 Phase 2 "Sport" Clio but it has the bog standard upper grill like they all do apart from the 172/182's Ive seen recently a chap on eBay selling a few dozen 172 upper grills (Renault genuine parts) for about £60, I'm just curious on how much work I would have to put in on changing the grill.

I did have a look at my engine bay and apart from two screws/plugs either side their doesn't seem to be anything else that I would need to remove to get it out, although I did check my Haynes book this morning and it did say about taking the front bumper off just to take the grill off :S Any one changed their standard Clio to make it look like a 172/182 before and if so how hard was it to do? Any recommendations on how I would go about it?

Thanks for looking.

Link to eBay listing: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160589871521?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
And a little something to finish it off: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201230058692?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Undo the 2 screws and then give it a whack from the front to unclip it out of place. You need to put a bit of effort into it as they're clipped on quite tight.

For fitting it's just the reverse - offer it up into place and then pull it towards the bumper (and rip your fingers to shreds) to clip it into place :)

I wouldn't personally put them stickers on the grille because they look tacky now everyone's doing it.

2001 Renault Clio
Hi,
Cheers for the reply, the grille I linked in my original post I finally got a reply from the seller, but he/she said that it wouldn't fit my Clio :S Allthough Ive seen that other people have done it with their non-172/182's Does anyone know if this grille would/should fit mine? if not does anyone know anyone who is breaking or selling a front grille from a 172/182 to fit my Mk2 Phase 2 Clio?