ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio R27 detail - lots of pics

mk7 fiesta zs
evening guys :) detailed this Clio R27 yesterday (thanks again for the referal Russ). started about 10am, finished 4pm- ish, overall the car was'nt too dirty (the dealer had 'washed' it the other day when it went in for a new roof vinyl even though they were told not to by the owner:(). anyway, we were very impressed with the finished results (this colour is stunning in the sun) even though the sun did'nt come out for the after pics so they don't do the car justice imo.

tools / products:
nilfisk c120
foam lance
vax 6131
bilberry @ 10:1
meguiars apc @ 10:1
ez brush
envy brushes
vikan arch brush
upholstery scrubbing brush
SN shampoo
espuma activo foam (very impressed with this - i used a whole 250ml sample bottle today = about an inch in the foam lance bottle) i'll be ordering a larger bottle soon ;)
uber drying towels
lots of screwfix MF's
meguiars triple duty brush
eurow shagpile MF's
meguiars foam, MF and sonus applicators
Zaino Z2
Zaino Z8
FK1000p
FK #108 top kote dressing
carlack glass twins
valet pro tar remover (first use of this today - impressive product imo)
CYC sheepskin wash pad
can't remember what air freshener we used :wall: was the one from i4detailing that smells like terrys chocolate orange though :thumb:
FK 425
interior first:
rubber mats were cleaned with meguiars apc @ 10:1 and an upholstery scrubbing brush before being rinsed with the PW and left in the sun to dry
018-2.jpg

(got the foaming heads for the spray bottles - one for apc one for bilberry the other, don't know why i did'nt get them soon tbh superb imo)
028-1.jpg

interior was then thoroughly hoovered including under seats, boot area and door trims seats and dashboard with brush attachment
132.jpg

133.jpg

137.jpg

139.jpg

142.jpg

144.jpg

152.jpg

154.jpg

146.jpg

meguiars triple duty brush used to aggitate some dirt from the pile of the carpet so i could hoover it up
159.jpg

155.jpg

175.jpg

186.jpg

209.jpg

231.jpg

228.jpg

226.jpg

246.jpg

247.jpg

once the hoovering was finished, meguiars apc @ 10:1 was used with screwfix MF's to clean all the pastics including the door trims, dashboard, centre console (around gearstick and handbrake) with a meguiars triple duty brush being used with apc on the heel pad (not sure if thats the right name for it) and the pedals - which are showing a suprisingly large amount of wear after just 10,000 miles..
061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

envy brush used for crevaces
073.jpg

077.jpg

086.jpg

090.jpg

097.jpg

100.jpg

105.jpg

115.jpg

112.jpg

119.jpg

121.jpg

125.jpg

finished interior (few sprays of air freshener under front seats to finish, mats put back in at the end of the detail, once dry)
270.jpg

exterior next:
wheels were cleaned with bilberry @ 10:1, meguiars apc @ 10:1 for the arches and tyres aggitated with the usual brushes. valet pro tar remover was used for the backs of the wheels, which removed the tar fine but there was old balancing weight sticky pad residue left that i could'nt shift :(
336.jpg

337.jpg

339.jpg

342.jpg

love my kneeling pad i got from Tim @ Envy Valeting :thumb:
346.jpg

348.jpg

349.jpg

354.jpg

356.jpg

357.jpg

353.jpg

and rinsed before doing the other wheels, tyres and arches in the same manor
376.jpg

bodywork:
rinsed off @ high pressure before a good layer of espuma activo foam (very impressed with this) keeping it off the roof vinyls where possible and not letting it dwell for too long on the other vinyls
after foam had dwelled for a few minutes, during which time the badges, griles etc were cleaned with an envy brush and meguiars apc @ 10:1
SL371359_1024x768.jpg

446.jpg

449.jpg

450.jpg

then a rinse, wash with the usual TBM, CYC sheepskin wash pad (very nice to use imo) and SN shampoo - BTBM en route to try :D
car was then clayed with sonus green and a zymol shampoo + water mix for lube (did'nt pick anything up that was worth photographing tbh)
473.jpg

478-1.jpg

472.jpg

followed by a final rinse, then a dry with uber plush drying towels. then a coat of Zaino Z2 was applied (no pics as the camera battery had to go on charge :eek:)
the exterior glass was treated to the carlack twins (applied by MF applicators today - i usually follow the instructions on the bottles but i tried this way for a change today and it worked just as well imo) buffed off with a few sprtiz of FK 425 (used to clean inside of glass too)
490.jpg

491.jpg

wheels sealed with FK1000p (getting to the backs was a nightmare) :D
508.jpg

505.jpg

tyres dressed with FK #108 top kote dressing
511.jpg

519.jpg

512.jpg

513.jpg

then the paintwork was given a final wipe-down with Zaino Z8 to finish (the pics don't do this stunning colour any justice as the sun had buggered off)
518.jpg

516.jpg

521.jpg

524.jpg

517.jpg

thanks for looking :)
kev

Nice Kev. Forgive me for asking, but claying then wax? No polishing in between to correct any marring?

mk7 fiesta zs
Nice Kev. Forgive me for asking, but claying then wax? No polishing in between to correct any marring?

thanks JD :) TBH ive never had marring left from sonus green clay before - if there is some left then it must be removed when i re-rinse and dry the car off? not sure but (touch wood) ive never had marring from it - unlike the meguiars quick clay i used when i started claying cars :(

Megane R26
Awesome attention to detail on the interior - will you come and do mine please!! I've never spent more than about 20 minutes on my own lol.

Kev, you used Serious Performance Paint Cleanser didn't you, before the Z2? That would have cleaned the paint up a treat, so would have removed any marring from the clay (but as you say, if technique is good, Sonus green doesn't marr much anyway).

Great work mate :)

mk7 fiesta zs
Awesome attention to detail on the interior - will you come and do mine please!! I've never spent more than about 20 minutes on my own lol.

Kev, you used Serious Performance Paint Cleanser didn't you, before the Z2? That would have cleaned the paint up a treat, so would have removed any marring from the clay (but as you say, if technique is good, Sonus green doesn't marr much anyway).

Great work mate :)

ta Russ, i don't mind interiors (i prefer exteiors though) as long as the inside isn't covered in dog hairs etc - i hate trying to hoover them up :(
i used the paint cleanser before the Z2, and while i did'nt see any marring left by the clay (i do use alot of lube though) would the paint cleasner of removed it as its non-abrassive? as you said, i stuck to Z8 only on roof (as its nearly all covered in vinyl anyway) ;)
btw - i'm off work for a few weeks next month, you can bring your car down to me then if you want :p

Megane R26
It depends on the marring, sometimes it can be removed by a non abrasive paint cleaner, but this can be a by product of the texture of the pad used too.

So for example I once had some slight marring from a drying towel, but Lime Prime Lite on a Sonus SFX3 pad removed it, as the pad itself will have a degree of cut to it on its own, you don't always need abrasives.

Try an SFX2 pad with some Last Touch to lube it up - it will correct to a degree...

mk7 fiesta zs
It depends on the marring, sometimes it can be removed by a non abrasive paint cleaner, but this can be a by product of the texture of the pad used too.

So for example I once had some slight marring from a drying towel, but Lime Prime Lite on a Sonus SFX3 pad removed it, as the pad itself will have a degree of cut to it on its own, you don't always need abrasives.

Try an SFX2 pad with some Last Touch to lube it up - it will correct to a degree...

interesting - i'll bare that in mind cheers Russ ;)

Barge
Nice shed. Good work. Inside looks mint. Outside looks mint, standard. Wish mine was that clean.

Get that bugger back to Renault though for those wheel nuts and get them replaced. Rusting after 10k miles, FTL!

mk7 fiesta zs
Nice shed. Good work. Inside looks mint. Outside looks mint, standard. Wish mine was that clean.

Get that bugger back to Renault though for those wheel nuts and get them replaced. Rusting after 10k miles, FTL!

thanks muchly. the owner has spoken to the dealer who told him they are £80 for the set (not including locking ones iirc) he's looking at getting covers for them i believe. i don't think its wear and tear thats caused it tbh - more like the last owner has used an acidic wheel cleaner on them too often

Barge
thanks muchly. the owner has spoken to the dealer who told him they are £80 for the set (not including locking ones iirc) he's looking at getting covers for them i believe. i don't think its wear and tear thats caused it tbh - more like the last owner has used an acidic wheel cleaner on them too often

Try another dealer. Or persist and argue. It gets you everywhere. Give them enough of a headache and they'll do anything to get rid of you.

Still looks mizin, lad. :cool:

mk7 fiesta zs
Try another dealer. Or persist and argue. It gets you everywhere. Give them enough of a headache and they'll do anything to get rid of you.

Still looks mizin, lad. :cool:

true, the owner had enough trouble just trying to get a new roof vinly recently due to water damaged - and they 'washed' it even after being asked not too :(

mk7 fiesta zs
Looks lovely!

I've always wondered, are you guys like this round the house?

lol, i like to keep my room tidy - and ive told before that the warehouse at work is the tidiest in the company (out of 35 branches) :D

mk7 fiesta zs
Looks nice, I have never had marring from Sonus green either. Wouldn't use anything else.

cheers, i have tried bilt hamber regular (they do a soft one too) on my scrap panel when ive been DA practising and that was a nightmare to use :(

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Re wheel nuts, i've ordered a set for mine from Demon Tweeks. £35 for 16. Better than the £70 odd Renault wanted

Red 197 & Laguna S-T
lol, i like to keep my room tidy - and ive told before that the warehouse at work is the tidiest in the company (out of 35 branches) :D

lol cool. I bet you're all not tidy round the house though. I'm sure some of you just pamper your car.

LY R27
Re wheel nuts, i've ordered a set for mine from Demon Tweeks. £35 for 16. Better than the £70 odd Renault wanted

What color are they? i have anthracite color wheels and need bolts which are as near to that color as possible. I shall have a look though, Thanks.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
What color are they? i have anthracite color wheels and need bolts which are as near to that color as possible. I shall have a look though, Thanks.

I've gone for Silver/chrome plated ones?. Mine were anthricite/grey coloured bolts but they were rusty as f**k! They look fine with the Black speedlines :)

db

db detailing™
Ever thought of joining up to the club Kev? £10 a year, thats all. ;)

LY R27
I've gone for Silver/chrome plated ones?. Mine were anthricite/grey coloured bolts but they were rusty as f**k! They look fine with the Black speedlines :)

i think i'll give the covers a go. after the re map obviously!!! :evil: