ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Elf sticker

Not sure if this is the correct place, might be best in detailing of something but...

Anyone got a good suggestion on how to remove that renaulf elf sticker in the rear window. It seems to be stuck on with the world's strongest superglue and it's over one of the heater element thingers. I don't "do" stickers in my cars and I thought I could live with this one but after 3-4 months it's still irritating the hell out of me.

106 GTi
Heat up with a hairdryer, peel off.

Wipe away the remaining stickyness with Autoglym Tar and Adhesive Remover

Monaco Blue 172
hehe i dont generally like stickers (esp dealership ones!) but i cant be arsed yet to try to remove that one!

M2 Competition
i just peeled mine off, pick at one of the corners for ages and it'll come.

Then the sticky bits it leaves, clean off with tar wipes, and then use window cleaner spray on the area to make it nice n shiny...

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll give the hairdryer trick a go (when I find a long enough cable). I'm just worried about damaging the heater element thinger. Can't wait to get rid of it though.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
jayxx83 said:
^^^ Mabye its weight reduction?

Can't be for weight reduction purposes, or they'd have removed the sticker and any badges (Renault or otherwise) on the proper cup...the 172 Cup!!! ;)

Donny

donnyo said:
Can't be for weight reduction purposes, or they'd have removed the sticker and any badges (Renault or otherwise) on the proper cup...the 172 Cup!!! ;)

Donny

................ooooooh i took mine out ;)

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
What I want to know is, why have a Renault Elf partnership when they stick Shell oil in at service time!!!