ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Mégane R26.R VS Clio V6 Autocar

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hang on a minute there tiger. What am I being biased about exactly? I couldn't give a toss about my 182. It's a s**t car and I often say so. What are you on, and can I have some? :D
Was talking about alan:eek:, not you fella!

White clique
Was talking about alan:eek:, not you fella!

ohhh for heavens sake its only a car! Mine does 0-60 in about 20 seconds as i have a very light foot. Stop being jealous just because i have a better, newer car than you :rasp:

And the 0-60 published times YOU are confusing, as some are 0-60mph, and the other more broadly published figs are 0-62 (0-100kph) which are a tad slower. So theres no need to get all excited about the 6.3, if you go by the more broadly published 0-62 figs its still 6.7-ish i'm afraid :p

LoL this is awesome Sunday evening entertainment. Anything containing the word "v6" on here, always turns into an epic manbag fight :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
172 - Pisch
182 - Even Pischer
197 - Better than the other two.
V6 - Hypercar! & better than the previous 3

;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
for one it's amazing looks but the clio is'nt that great to drive. to be honest physics ain't on it side...

roffle. i'll go with autocar and their opinion over any fanboy from the forumz!! ;)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
V6. Bodykitted clio with big engine, in the wrong end, too high up. v6 in the wet=slower than Riz. The end.

TBH Scotland brought up the 0-60 times in the rant for factual journalism, whilst spouting a ton of non-factual information about the Megane :D

White clique
For the record i prefer the V6, i'd love one but cant because i couldnt because a) i dont have the guts to drive one, i know i'd smash it up in the wet, and b) i couldnt do without the 2 rear seats.

The R26R doesnt appeal to me at all, no way a car i could live with, and i dont do track day. I think it looks superb though.

MCS R56
For 9/10 drivers i very much doubt you'd notice a different!! I'm sure it's a decent motor. Just looks pisch!

No. But i've driven the R26 and liked it...But just don't see the point in the R26R if you want a track car buy an Exige or a Caterham.

182 - 6.9 V6 5.7... :S

They cost more? Plus, the R26 will be more practical everyday, even without the backseats.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL DAMN! I've been spelling it Pisch since i was Old enough to know the Vee was a Hypercar! ;)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Horse on fella! I like the v6. Will naturally defend it up to a certain point. Esp from folk that are clueless!! You for example! ;) I've even said the R26 is prob a better car, i was more pissed by the crappy vid! Inaccuracy's!

xx
How ironic Scotland!

Inaccuracies'.

Tav

Clio 197
rubbish review imo. doesnt prove alot.

I don't think it aims to prove anything...

Autocar videos were only good when Chris Harris was on board, Drivers Republic ftw!

Only thing pisher than the vid, the replies in this thread.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
172 - Pisch
182 - Even Pischer
197 - Better than the other two.
V6 - Hypercar! & better than the previous 3

;)

Whatever mate with a couple of mods on a 3 grand 172 cup would show your prescious v6 for the heavy under powered lump it is, not bad for a car you badge as pisch. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.:rasp:

Trophy #490
:lolup:

As soon as I read the title of this thread, I just knew it would turn into this! Ali doesn't seem to like anything other than the vee and a Z4M, so his opinion cannot be taken seriously, surely! ;)

Fact of the matter is, the R26R will embarrass a v6 in any situation, on any road or any track. I love the v6 so much, but it is a flawed genius. It will be a classic, but it won't be remembered in the same way as the R26R will be; as a focused weapon solely for the driving enthusiast.

Even though the R26R is the better car, i'd still take the vee. I'd be willing to forgive its weight and all of its drawbacks just to be able to hear that amazing noise and witness this 'supercar/hypercar' magic that Ali's always banging on about! Such a gorgeous car.

Clio v6
Zzzzzzzzzz ...... Wakes up in 2020

Oh yeah I remember the R26R well.

Some sort of Audi wasn't it?

No It was a Megane.

A Megane? That's like an Austin Measto isn't it?

Yeah, something like that.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I doubt in 2020 the v6 will be remembered either ever heard of a Renault gordini thought not. Point proven.

Zzzzzzzzzz ...... Wakes up in 2020

Oh yeah I remember the R26R well.

Some sort of Audi wasn't it?

No It was a Megane.

A Megane? That's like an Austin Measto isn't it?

Yeah, something like that.

Who cares?

I'd take the Vee, couldnt stomach paying over £23k for a megane without a radio etc. Even though it will be a lot better in almost every department. lol

3 x Renaults + Lexus
The R26-R is being built in more limited numbers than the Clio V6. But i love how some people think they can predict the future car prices if the R26-R. If you want to see a good review of the R26-R read Evo a few months back it beat many cars with 2-3X the BHP and cost.

I have seen V6's under £10K so if ppl chose to spend £19K on a LY P11 version its there money but clearly not the norm and neiter is driving 3,000 per year its a collectors car who ppl buy because it looks great.

I have seen very nice Phase2 V6's for around 13K about half there new price but not LY I would not pay £5K for LY but thats just me. So V6's do lose many also

But the Meg has no radio/fog lamps/rear wiper/CF bits and lots of other bits missing because thats the point of its the hottest hot hatch.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Whatever mate with a couple of mods on a 3 grand 172 cup would show your prescious v6 for the heavy under powered lump it is, not bad for a car you badge as pisch. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.:rasp:

lol!

LOL! ;) V6 Hypercar for ever! Only RS worth owning!