ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Mégane R26.R VS Clio V6 Autocar

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Vee is awesome, but flawed. The Vee boys get ridiculed because they cover there ears, sing la-dee-da, and deny these flaws.

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
I like the idea on the R26r and im sure its fantastic to drive - just shame it looks so crap. The red wheels look dreadful. Why not black? When I create silly joke cars on Forza 2, I put red wheels on them!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I like the idea on the R26r and im sure its fantastic to drive - just shame it looks so crap. The red wheels look dreadful. Why not black? When I create silly joke cars on Forza 2, I put red wheels on them!
There's a choice of wheel colour IIRC.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
This has been a funny read.

I lol'd hard when people are compairing these 2 cars for speed.Does anyone know the laptime for a V6 round the ring compaired to the r26r.

I will hazard a guess that the V6 would have its pants around its ankles after about 2 miles

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
There's a choice of wheel colour IIRC.

Yep red or black.

I think the R26.R looks awesome and well sorted hardcore hot-hatch for sub £19k.

All this talk about exiges etc, they are a different league. Running costs, usability and reliable?

People on here are always saying how on track the 1*2 is great value fun, which they are. Well the Meg is the same when compared to cars twice the price.

For example there is a chap on Meganesport who is selling his Radical for an R26.R

Focus RS Mk1
im not a huge fan of the Vee's or the Meganne in any form but out of the two id defo go for the megane.

much more focused car, imo it would be quicker point to point. Easier to live with everyday (despite the roll cage). would win it for me.

It strikes me that a lot guys buy a Vee purely as a fashion statement. I've lost count of how many times it's been mentioned how much attention they get. Needy? It also seems that every time anyone DARES to mention a possible flaw, the manbags come out with rants about people not "getting" it. You've got be a special type of person to believe that your car is so awsome that anyone who dares not to like it, is "clueless" :D

Says it all IMO. I imagine most Vee owners driving around looking out of their window to see who's looking at them.

Awesome banter though :D

Turbo LY R27
My cars crap if thats any help?

No mate, but what is your car? i only posted in the first place to stir up lol! But it would seem you saw straight through me and hit back with the heavy comment, i can give it but cant take it so i will bow out lol!:eek:

I like both cars, would rather have the V.

I could never own either tho coz i need rear seats and the meg is apparently very loud coz its so bare!

I think there both amazing toys but they are very different.

Please carry on with the banter, very funny reading:D:rasp:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
sample_LMP_MSV_080904_0163_04-09-20.jpg

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Drivers Choice = R26-R
Hairdressers Choice = V6

Only a joke i love the V6 but the R26-R is faster and with a RSTuning Remap and 270BHP...lol the V6 would not stand a chance (sorry vee boys) you needed a turbo and engine in right place

Some that say get a lotus etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordschleife_fastest_lap_times

Well it spanked the Exige & Exige S around "the ring" the list of hot hatches it wasted by at least 30 seconds is long...Focus RS/VXR/Type-R/R32/ST/GTI DSG/S2000

Not to mention beating BoxterS/991 (993)/335/S5/350Z/NSX/04 Impreza/E46 M3/E36 M3/R32 Skyline/Lexus ISF

Just to answer a few of the above points

You can get black wheels on them from Reanult

The build run is more limited that the V6 so the R26-R will be very rare indeed and you can get it in LY only 230 will be in the UK and many are goign stright to racetracks

You wont get a new R26-R Sub 19K maybe just under £20K (basic) if you really twist the dealer I think there is 1 white one for sale in UK at the mo all others are speical order. But no one will want a basic car...

With the roll cage Toyo 888's/black wheels/pearl paint its more like £22K (i was quoted (£22224.50) delivered so dont bother trying to book a test drive

MCS R56
Both cars are not run of the mill hot hatches. Both are not hot hatches actually, but I know I will never own either as neither are practical cars.

The video compares a hardcore drivers hatch versus an icon of bravery. I coudn't do the R26.R any justice and I hate people laughing, I mean staring at me as I try to do a three point turn but I do like the banter of V bashing (all in good spirit of course).

It also makes me laugh when a certain Vee owner winds up the whole forum without trying. If you get bored reading, then don't.

CUYA

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Yes indeed. Supercar lovers and strange people who drive Meganes.

Good here. :)

Agree'd!

People that don't have either car have bugger all right to comment on which is better.

I Own 1 and i openly admit the Meg is proabably a better/Easier car to drive...Is is nice...NO...Does it interest me....NO...Would i buy one...NO....Is it special...NO...

Vee is unique hence why i can't sell mine! It's the only car you get into and feel like a wee kid! It's Fast enough! 5.7 to 60...

What annoys me most is idiots that listen to the media on how they handle! Wet - Who cares? It wet! In the dry it's SO planted, so much more so that the 172! The grip is awesome providing you know where to stick the nose on track. On the road it's a hell of a lot easier to drive.

And i agree with Roy...Needy! FUCKIN LOVE IT! Having people point and smile and take pics makes having the car even worth while.

Carry on!

MCS R56
Agree'd!

People that don't have either car have bugger all right to comment on which is better.

I Own 1 and i openly admit the Meg is proabably a better/Easier car to drive...Is is nice...NO...Does it interest me....NO...Would i buy one...NO....Is it special...NO...

Vee is unique hence why i can't sell mine! It's the only car you get into and feel like a wee kid! It's Fast enough! 5.7 to 60...

What annoys me most is idiots that listen to the media on how they handle! Wet - Who cares? It wet! In the dry it's SO planted, so much more so that the 172! The grip is awesome providing you know where to stick the nose on track. On the road it's a hell of a lot easier to drive.

And i agree with Roy...Needy! f**kIN LOVE IT! Having people point and smile and take pics makes having the car even worth while.

Carry on!

Not true. Opinions are based on more than just having one. It just depends what comments are relevant.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Fair play! Love mine! And having spent half my life on track, i certainly wouldn't buy a megane for track thrills!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Vee is a Modern Day classic. The Meg is no classic. It will be forgotten about in 10years time like the R27 etc etc.

If you had a Lambo/Porka/Ferrari/Koeniggsegg lined up the Vee would fit straight in and the meg would look like stacey from Eastenders at Buckingham palace.

Vee is special the meg is just amazingly capable.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Agree'd!

And i agree with Roy...Needy! f**kIN LOVE IT! Having people point and smile and take pics makes having the car even worth while.

Carry on!

So by your own comment you can't have an opinion cos you don't own both.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
for a shade over 20k i would rather get an NSX than a Megane with alot of gash stickers on it

172 Cup
The last time I seen a Vee with my gf she said it was a chavved up clio with bodykit :(

I agree though, the R26.R is the choice car out of the two, its superior in pretty much every way to the vee. The vee is also getting old now, you will get a much better, newer car with the meggy. It ll also destory a vee in terms of speed with a cheapo remap :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
So by your own comment you can't have an opinion cos you don't own both.

Read it again...If you don't own either car you can't comment on what there like...I presume the R26R is very good! If it's anything like the R26 it'll be a crakcer. But i know the Vee in and out, therefore my opinion is valid!

Why am i explaining myself?! lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
The last time I seen a Vee with my gf she said it was a chavved up clio with bodykit :(

I agree though, the R26.R is the choice car out of the two, its superior in pretty much every way to the vee. The vee is also getting old now, you will get a much better, newer car with the meggy. It ll also destory a vee in terms of speed with a cheapo remap :)

What would she say about the Meg? Red wheels and stickers?? hmmm classy.
Fact is the Vee is a mini Supercar.

MCS R56
Vee is a Modern Day classic. The Meg is no classic. It will be forgotten about in 10years time like the R27 etc etc.

If you had a Lambo/Porka/Ferrari/Koeniggsegg lined up the Vee would fit straight in and the meg would look like stacey from Eastenders at Buckingham palace.

Vee is special the meg is just amazingly capable.

In terms of looks, you are correct (even though I think the V looks fairly rubbish). You just have to think of the Meg as the Wayne Rooney of cars - pretty damn ugly but you'd be silly not to pick it/him for performance.