ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Mechanic f**ked my New Tyres

LY R27

Took my car in for the centre section exhaust to be replaced under warranty last week and when it retured I was driving home and I thought I had a flat tyre, turns out I had two deep flat spots on my new yoko A539s. Contacted the garage and explained and they said bring it down so they could have a look. The assistant manager said the mechanic only went for a 2 mile run in it and he did not skid. :mad:

Anyway the service manager who which I know now very well due the problems I have had, contacted me on his return from hoilday today. He explained he had the mechanic in the office and under the threat of been sacked admitted he had skidded and flat spoted my tyres. So the service manger is going to fit 2 new PE2s and a full tank of petrol. Do you think I should ask for more/take this further and get the c**t sacked!!! :mad:

Lee

BMW M2C

Get him sacked. Or go and tie him to the bumper and drag him along the tarmac for a few miles, see how he likes that.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

no man leave it - the guy might have a wife & kid to support. Get your new tyres fit and all is well :)

LY R27

I have no idea why he needed to go for a 2 mile run, the exhaust had already been ordered the previous week, I explained if f**king kwik fit had done the work for example they would have not take the car for a run!!!!!

LY R27

The problems are endless, I only posted yesteday how I had been given a extended warranty now this happens.

Deserves the sack IMO

[Edited by Cuppy 172 on 22 March 2005 at 4:46pm]

172, Tiguan

Yup a similar thing happened to me, they offered things, but to be honest i got an apology off the guy that did it, that was enough for me. Id take the new tyres and call it a day.

[Edited by jon_r on 22 March 2005 at 4:46pm]

Edit and they did 23 miles in mine!

Lee

BMW M2C

I always expect a few miles on mine as Id rather they took it a decent drive to find that theyve failed to fix the problem!! Then pretend they have fixed it!!

If the guy has a wife and kids to support then he should start acting more responsible with other peoples property so that he doesnt end up losing his job.

LY R27

^^^^^

What Lee said, I dont think I will take it any further but a bit of common sence from adults whould not go a miss!

Titanium 182

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 22 March 2005

no man leave it - the guy might have a wife & kid to support. Get your new tyres fit and all is well :)
id be mad but i agree

at least your getting 2 new tyres and petrol

so say if u skid does that mean your tyres are nackerd?

H22A7 Accord Type R

this is why im no takin mine to reno for its service now, dont trust them. Last time i got my car back, my steering was all out of shape!! Tracking out.........hmmm! nah, only goes there if it HAS to.......too many horror stories!

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 22 March 2005

I always expect a few miles on mine as Id rather they took it a decent drive to find that theyve failed to fix the problem!! Then pretend they have fixed it!!

If the guy has a wife and kids to support then he should start acting more responsible with other peoples property so that he doesnt end up losing his job.
Agreed 100%!

Quote: Originally posted by j3ned on 22 March 2005

agreed, he will get a reprimand at work, that will be suffice, he should learn his lesson after that

you should not cost a man his livelyhood

Lee

BMW M2C

One question Ive got is how far did he have to skid the car to actually make a noticeable impression on the tyres? Just how fast was he driving, because a Cup stops pretty quickly.

LY R27

He had a good telling off from the service manager, he said as long as he is a mechanic at the dealership he will never drive again!

LY R27

Thats what I was thinking, I had a pug 106 rallye and I flat spotted my tyres with a 25m skid and there were not as bad as the current ones.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

i have never understud these people who do things like that if he had came back to the garage and repoted it he would probably had less of a bo!!ocking and the car would have had new tyres on when you picked it up without all of the hassle, did he expect you not to say anything.

if you have still got yokos on the back tell them you want matching tyres and if they will not pay for 4 tell them as a good will gesture ;) you will pay for 1

insignia

if you had abs that wouldnt have happened;),but yes that is totally taking the piss & sorry to hear renault messing you about like that.

MERCEDES CLS AMG

JOB No

0129 - BASIC ROAD TEST - 0.5hrs

0145 - REDUCED ROAD TEST 0.3hrs

0130 - EXTENDED ROAD TEST 0.8hrs

0131 - FUEL CONSUMPTION TEST 1.5hrs

0132 - OIL CONSUMPTION TEST 1.5hrs

0133 - PERFORMANCE TEST 1.5hrs

These are standard book times that franchises perform when they do warranty and service work. They do have to test drive them no matter what they do ( sometimes they dont ) but that doesnt mean they should cause damage to your car on a test run. Believe it or not they do charge you for this on a service - 0.5 hrs to sit in you car and drive it !!! £25 - £40 for half an hours labour

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

What would worry me is that those flat-spots will have only been caused when his driving went wrong. What about the rest of the time he had it? Was it ragged?

Unless he has your permission to give it some stick, he should treat it with kid gloves. Its your property and he f**ked about with it. Im not into kicking a bloke when hes down, but he should get the book thrown at him.

D.

The car has to be road tested once this sort of work is done. Assuming he drive the car with respect, there is always the slim chance that something occured whislt driving to cause him to skid. If this was the case, then I think that theyve done the right thing by owning up and offering you some new tyres.

308, Fusion

discusting that, i think ya should ask for a personal apology from the guy who done it, i think thats the best thing n some1 was right in sayin e could av a family support so dont make a full blown attempt to get him sacked, hes obvisouly sh*t it coz es admitted it!

nm lads eh? es got his new tires

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 22 March 2005

discusting that, i think ya should ask for a personal apology from the guy who done it, i think thats the best thing n some1 was right in sayin e could av a family support so dont make a full blown attempt to get him sacked, hes obvisouly sh*t it coz es admitted it!

Anyone care to translate?

Could have a been a genuine mistake he could have been driving along and a cat or dog or even a child has run out on him .He then jumps on the brakes and due to lack of ABS it locks up and skids down the road . I would accept the new tyres and put it down to experience could have been worse he could have hit whatever he was trying to avoid !!!!

Quote: Originally posted by halo54 on 22 March 2005

get your ass back to chavscum.co.uk

I was a skid this time , and left flat spots , how many times in the past do you think hes done massive wheel spins and took a few mm off all round , I think ill check mine with a depth guage before i take mine in for service

172 Cup

If it WAS genuine they should have been upfront and told the guy when he went to collect the car. Not wait until he found the bald spots and then own up.

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 22 March 2005

If it WAS genuine they should have been upfront and told the guy when he went to collect the car. Not wait until he found the bald spots and then own up.
Absolutely. However, human nature comes to play here. At least theyve owned up to it and offered a suitable fix. They could have continued to deny it.