ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault parts overpriced

clio 172 cup
HI everyone,just a little question,is it me or are renault genuine parts seriously overpriced?
my rear exhaust box has just gone on my 53 plate 172 cup,i went to formula one and they said the only place i get one is from my local renault dealer!!

so off i go to my local renault dealer to get a price for the rear box & the partsman comes back with a price of £150 +vat!!!:mad:

as u can imagine i was speechless & eventually told the partsman where to shove his £150 exhaust:rasp:
i eventually got a magnex rear box for £120(good excuse for an upgrade if you ask me!!!)
anyone else been quated stupid prices for renault parts????

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I bought a back for my 172 last year, I though it was about £115+vat.

Anyway it isn't that bad really for a Renaultsport part.

i don't know what it is with renault owners and not willing to pay the price for parts

75 for the check yeah

my bill:
didnt tell them to do anything though

diag = 75
coolant top up = 11.75 <<< taking the pss imo
new wiper front = 42.32 <<<< +1
new rear = 19.36 <<<< +2
clean of throttle body = 181.54
tdc + loom = 102.81
new injection loom = 150.38
no plate bulb = 13.51
sidelight bulb = 12.30
bonnet swtich = 24.62

do the math

how f**king much!

:rasp:^^^

182 clio renaultsport
i would say £110+vat for plug leads my garage told me that v8 range rovers arent even half of that. just got a price for a rear shocker £52 dunno if that good its the cup sus shocker?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My mates gets his bits for his MINI from the BMW dealer and stuff is so so cheap! Standard to sony radio wire harness, was £5! Top mount bearing thing was less than £30.

BMW M135i
Some/most things are rather rediculously priced because they've got you over a barrel, where else are you going to get them from new cheaper?

If you can buy it elsewhere then its usally pretty well priced imo.

The jump from £40->£110 for the RS aux belt kit is a pisstake though. I will pay them but I reserve the right to moan like f**k about them after!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
£150 for a plastic Cup splitter is a rip off imo.

The blue blanking plates for the 172 Cup (or the plain black ones on the Trophy) are about £57 inc VAT for the pair...I asked the parts guy if I'd get a BJ...as I might as well have some pleasure while they were shafting me!

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
i don't know what it is with renault owners and not willing to pay the price for parts

Some parts yes, but explain coil prices.

Renault over £30+vat
Peugeot Low £20+vat and exactly the same part?

www.renparts.co.uk
theyre grossly overpriced. When you compare other french manufacturers like peugeot, and german like BMW. Renault prices are more than honda often.

'91 Clio RT =D
havent you guys ever heard of scrap yards?
or spares and repairs on ebay...?

you will find these places A L O T cheaper

EP3 Civic Type R
HI everyone,just a little question,is it me or are renault genuine parts seriously overpriced?
my rear exhaust box has just gone on my 53 plate 172 cup,i went to formula one and they said the only place i get one is from my local renault dealer!!

so off i go to my local renault dealer to get a price for the rear box & the partsman comes back with a price of £150 +vat!!!:mad:

as u can imagine i was speechless & eventually told the partsman where to shove his £150 exhaust:rasp:
i eventually got a magnex rear box for £120(good excuse for an upgrade if you ask me!!!)
anyone else been quated stupid prices for renault parts????

Funny you should say this, I walked into renault for the exact same quote, for a backbox and got back to me with 144 plus another 25 quid for the hangers. Thought sod it, so bought a full stainless magnex from batman from here, for 125 quid, fitted for 30 at a local garage, job done!

172 Cup
£15 bloody quid for radio code and is it not the best part of £20 for "Cup 172" badge with the yellow 1,7 and 2? Which have a habbit of jumping off the car. Coincidence!?!

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
my dad was quoted £8+vat for 2 lock bolts and 2 washers!

bt renault do seem to take the preverbial when it comes to the price of parts.
Perhaps its how they compensate for making their cars such value for money because when they go wrong they can shaft you with prices. i'll never buy a renault which doenst have some warranty left on it lol.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
I was thinking about getting camupus grill for my car as the sport grill although nice i dont think it'd look right with my lower grill, i called them up no i can get one the same as mine new for about £25 off ebay, and an RS grill is £42 form renault , they just quoted me for a renaulc io campus grill £52.94+VAT!! WTF? i'mm gonna just keep scoping the breakers