ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Rip-off

I had a little incident last night with a lump of mud at low speed in a parking bay. "Cant be to bad" i hear you say, WRONG. The lump of mud in question decided to rip my front rubber splitter away from the rest of the car. Still, a silly old bit of rubber cant cost to much, can it?????????

F**k me gently with a shopping trolly:

£133.54p!!!!!

Plus to add insult to injury, two weeks back order........

..........oh the joy of a V6

Still, was thinking, there must be someone out there whos been stung even more than myself!! So lets have a list of the great Renault parts rip-off and cheer me up:(

Clio 172

well its not for a Renault but Ford this 1 hehe me m8 went to see about having electric windows put on his fista an they told him it would cost £500 for the parts (they didnt do a kit) an they couldnt fit them, hed have 2 go to a garage 2 get em installed.

£160 pounds for 2 damn suspension strut dampers on my MR2!!!!!! Consists of 2 ball joints and a 4 inch bit of steel rod!:(

thank god I got rid of the B*********** thing

Clio v6

So?

Its only

£133.54p!!!!!

I have gone through 3 of those wee rubber strips in 8 months. I hate London streets:mad:

Look. I guessed you lot would respond like that! I dont drink, well not alot, dont smoke, have no kids and work my arse off! thats how i can just about afford to buy and run the car in the first place! £133 is worth as much to me as the next person!!!

Dont see why a piece of rubber should suddenly become more costly just because you run a top model. £130 is a total ripoff. Almost seems like some V6 owners here like to pay more for their expensive bits of Renault Rubber. :confused:

hmmmmmmm you should have expected prices like that when you bought it mate! Speeeeeeeeeeeeed costs money!!

I not knocking you for getting it as I would like one too but I would expect to be paying premium prices for everything on it.

I can give you a few horror storys -

1. Peugot 106 xsi

£180 for a new fly wheel, £300 for a new ECU, £160 for a new clutch, £50 for a new TDC sensor, and following all this - rip off local garage tries to charge me £200 to replace parts that i replaced barely a month ago... Moral of story... dont buy french! doh!!! :p

2. Honda CRX

£3000 for a new rear quarter fitted - to make things worse they did a gash job and hence, i quickly got rid :mad:

3. My 172 i got now

£360 for a new tensioner bearing and £300 for a new alternator... and no it has not arrived yet has it! EVIL RENUALT :cry:

BigBoreBri,

Re Item 3. I must have had the last ones lol, exactly the same bits replaced on mine recently ! Warranty paid out £785 in total ! Bill says alternator was £387.75 inc VAT !

Lionel Richie

I paid £50 for a new wheel bearing (was quoted £38 inc VAT on the phone to them about 1 hour earlier!!!!!!)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

i paid err £17 for a cd changer cassette thing.. (that holds your 6 cds)

and I paid about £10 for the key that takes the cap off of the 172 wheels.

bloody rip off.. hehe

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by steveV6 on 30 April 2003

Look. I guessed you lot would respond like that! I dont drink, well not alot, dont smoke, have no kids and work my arse off! thats how i can just about afford to buy and run the car in the first place! £133 is worth as much to me as the next person!!!
i know where your comming from .. cause i do the same for my 172.. all my time and money goes into keeping it nice... oh except i do smoke.. and tend to drink a bit aswell.. err. what was my point again ?

Plastic cover for the remote locking system on a phase 1 was £42 pounds plus vat I think. For a stupid piece of plastic I am not paying that much.

Well I phoned Renault yesterday about some sunroof parts and found out they had comedians answering the telephones:

Quote for the parts were;

S/R Frame - £308.25
E/S/R Motor - £233.55
E/S/R Switch - £23.50

This will make me never buy a renault again because of the stupid price of new parts.

Quote: Originally posted by Jonathan on 30 April 2003

BigBoreBri,

Re Item 3. I must have had the last ones lol, exactly the same bits replaced on mine recently ! Warranty paid out £785 in total ! Bill says alternator was £387.75 inc VAT !
Hi Jonathan, thanx for the reply.. glad to see im not the only one who has had this problem. Would like to chat to you about all the work u had done if thats ok - ive sent u a private message, cheers

my bro has an Import CRX, its a nightmare on maitenence, Honda decided there would be close to no use of the same parts between models, the clutch went a few months ago, 500 mailto:f@cking">f@cking quid to replace it

thats almost as much as i paid for my clio lol

£43 for two new clear side repeaters!!!! altho i got a discount off that! oh by joe they fitted em for me too! lucky me!!!

I had to part with £5,300 for a Triumph TT600 motorbike because the 172 just aint quick enough. I think Renault should compensate me for that.

Where did you pay £43?? Mine were £37 from renault for some of the 03 clear ones, maybee the extra £6 was labour for fitting?!

Bigborebri: does not seem too bad for a clutch, Renault standard price for supply and fitting of a clutch on 2002 clio, is £517 as displayed in my local dealer, now thats harsh!!

True mate, it was more the collection of things i had to replace at the same time that was annoying, lol - still what do u expect from a pug thats done 115k :D

I should add really that i had 2 clutches as i blew the new one up as soon as i drove out of the garage, lol - there fault not mine:sick: