ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault sport badge removal

Mk4 .:R32
I want to remove my old Renault Sport badge to make way for my new one, whats the best way to remove this and the glue without damaging my paint work?

I Also want to spray my side bullets anthercite to match my wheels, is Rover Stone Grey the closest match?

Cheers Matt

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The RS one off the boot? Just wash the area as normal and then get a piece of dental floss. Cuts through the sticky foam backing quite easily.

I washed the area again (very carefully though as there is a LOT of crap behind there) and then polished off the remaining bits of foam backing.

D.

C

cliosportheth

the way i did mine was to carfully peel the letters off and got sum methelated spirt (purple stuff in a bottle) and a cloth to get rid of the foam and glue with a little elbow grease it takes 10mins andworks a treat

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
same as what cliosporthethsaid but give the paint a little polish afterwords or it will be scratchy then apply new badge . you can take them of with a blade which is what we used to do in bodyshop then use a caramel wheel to take the sticky backing of , but its easy to slip with the blade if you mess up .

Focus ST170
Yeah rover stone grey is the closest match to anthracite mate...

Did my alloys and bullets with it..

JJS