ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Just got back from said event and it was fantastic. The Clio Cup racing was mint plenty of clipping kerb onto 2 wheels action especially around Coppice.

The World Series cars were ridiculously loud.
Renault F1 Car was just silly fast.

I want a Megane Trophy with its 3.5V6 330BHP engine as they sound the dogs.

Also encountered a tad of sunburn. Sunglasses were a bad idea as I now look like a Panda.

So who else has been today and what are your thoughts.

Rob

Trophy #267
excellent altho was annoyed i missed the infield parking & parade lap thread so parked with the minions in a field - going again tomorrow tho

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Me too. Parked over that makeshift bridge in a field :(

The parade lap was good. There was a very nice Ph-Quick which sounded distinctly like it had throttle boddies.

Rob

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
where's that car park then Shibber? is it the one near the main entrance?
doe's anybody know if you can park on the outside of crainer curves, and how you get to it?

Trophy #267
got thru castle donnington village and its 1st right into field with marshals on gate after roundabout where airfield is

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
THe car park I went to was on the left of the road going towards Donnington Park if you are coming from the M1. It was left off a the roundabout just before the entrance to the circuit.
You cannot miss that one as there are marshall type people waving you into it.

RenaultSport clio 172 Cup
Yeah great day even though I had to leave early and miss most of it!! I went and saw the GT and F3 racing at brands a couple of weeks ago and they sounded puny compared to them World series cars today ...unbelievable noise:D Car got filthy in the infield area, a bit of a dust bowl!!

renault clio 16v sport
Hi
Yea i went today i thought it was a cracking day
goin again tomorrs saw a Few of ya with ya cliosport.net stickers on ya cars
The f3 racing was great so loud i was sat in the main stand and boy was it loud up there.
the clio racing was superb

Liquid yellow 182
does anyone know who span the black megane on the parade lap and wiped out the distance marker??? Bit naughty!

Mk 2 Ph 2 1.2 16v
Really enjoyed the day. Thought the Renault village with the F1 car, V6 and Williams was a good idea. Also enjoyed looking round the collectors area (some v. nice clios, R5 Turbo2's, V6's, Alpines, etc...) Didn't take my car down in the end, but prob will do if I go next year.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
i had a great day. So much better than last year. There were some nobs on the parade laps though.

Didn't really see anyone of here tbh even though i parked in the collectors area

Shibber said:
Me too. Parked over that makeshift bridge in a field :(

The parade lap was good. There was a very nice Ph-Quick which sounded distinctly like it had throttle boddies.

Rob

yeah that was my Clio, was struggling a bit with the torque steer... it's not the most grippy of tracks

was yours the ph1 silver 172 with the silver side strips and ph2 2.0 badges in silver like mine? or was yours the other silver ph1? I was either parked next to or just in front of you I think! lol

Yours or the other Ph1 looked really low as well, how do you find it like that, as I'm thinking of raising mine up a touch as I was struggling with 4 in... was only taking 1 person until yesterday... lol

Vee dub
I had a brilliant day on the saturday

Good to chat to Danny and spoke to some s.central members, nik, day etc.

Also was good to convoy in with the chap in the valver on black ph2's.. forgot your name chap sorry.

Monaco Blue 172
had a great day :D gutted we didnt get up in time for the parade lap but still managed to get parked infield with the peeps! plenty of "action" in the races to keep us amused and with the planes it was like a free airshow as well!

one thing i would suggest was a few big screens dotted about, so that if something interesting happened on the other side of the track other ppl can see also. but for a free event i feel i really cant complain! everything was top notch :)

silver clio grande 1.2
i went bright and early and left just after the clio cup race,i loved every single second, it was amazing, the noise was unbelivable and meganes and clio's looked fab speeding round the track bumper to bumper i was so excited and still am now! did anybody witness the renault formula 1 car playing the british national anthem on the renault formula 1 stand, i think it was the gears and accelorator that was used to play the tune but was as clear as a bell and was incredible.:D will definetly be attending future events.

'18 Megane dci
Agreed! Was a cracking weekend, nice to meet some new peeps :D Just got back now, left at 4:30pm, crazy traffic leaving and a nasty accident on the M6. :(

Megane Trophy
Was a good day today after the 2 hour que to get in!! RRR

Then queing to cross a bloody footbridge!

A local guy, family friend won yesterdays clio race and came 2nd today so that was all good to watch!

Along with the redgate incident with the meganes, and the marshalls attempting to push a 3 wheeled megane ha ha ha!

Shame the wolrd series championship isnt taken much more seriosuly really, as personally i think its as developing of young single seater drivers as what british F3 is.

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Have had a great day over there today and must say a big thanks to Renault for organising this for free again - not many other manufacturers who'd do that...

Got there about lunchtime, and watched some great racing (missed the parade laps though) The cars all looked great - was especially taken by Bubble's liquid yellow/carbon machine - looking :cool:, oh, and Matt's TT was getting plenty of attention!!!

Just gutted that I didn't get around to getting a parking pass... (and yes, got well stuck in the traffic - kept an eye out for CS folks, but was in the LCR today though, as wife had nipped off in the clio when I left this morning :() At least the weather was a hell of a lot better than last year - the rain on the Saturday last year was awful (but I did lead to lots of good spins...)

Looking forward to next year's now!

Clio Renaultsport 182
Clio Bex said:
did anybody witness the renault formula 1 car playing the british national anthem on the renault formula 1 stand, i think it was the gears and accelorator that was used to play the tune but was as clear as a bell and was incredible.:D will definetly be attending future events.

Heard it a couple of times - rather stupidly about 6ft away with no hearing protection. Awesome though!! :cool:

You can download it here from Goodwood '06:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/latestnews/story.asp?ArticleID=1435

106 GTi
Dave Cli02 said:
Does anyone know if there were any photo companies taking trackside pics this weekend?

You looking for Parade lap pics Dave? I did not go out so got a fair few of you lot out there, did not see you car though?

browno

ClioSport Club Member
Dave Cli02 said:
Does anyone know if there were any photo companies taking trackside pics this weekend?
A colleague of my wife was apparently there with her hubby who's one of the track photographers - will see if I can get a link to his pictures sorted...

al

ST on the way...
Absolutely fantastic day! Met loads of members i've not met before.

A big thanks has to go to Stephen Dell and the Alpine owners club for organising out "infield parking" too, and Renault for setting up a brilliant day!

Getting to go out on track was awsome too! :D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rich said:
You looking for Parade lap pics Dave? I did not go out so got a fair few of you lot out there, did not see you car though?

Did you get me??????????????

106 GTi
All them Red trophys looked the same through the view finder ;)

Not had a chance to look through them yet, you may get lucky.

al

ST on the way...
Any of mine Rich? :) I know I was difficult to spot being a standard Dymanique amongst all those RS's ;)

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Rich said:
All them Red trophys looked the same through the view finder ;)

Not had a chance to look through them yet, you may get lucky.

Yes, but come oct she should standout!!!!

A Fcukin Car
Dare I say I actually diddn't enjoy RWS at all!!! I duno it just wasn't my cuppa tea, maybe i was expecting too much and to top it off we had to walk about 4 miles to the car (thanks for the lift Chris!!!) after they turned all the roads into one ways. So if you saw 2 p*ssed of girls walking along the roads back to the car parks about 5.30 that was me and Sarah and we were not amused!!

al

ST on the way...
Benson03 said:
Dare I say I actually diddn't enjoy RWS at all!!! I duno it just wasn't my cuppa tea, maybe i was expecting too much and to top it off we had to walk about 4 miles to the car (thanks for the lift Chris!!!) after they turned all the roads into one ways. So if you saw 2 p*ssed of girls walking along the roads back to the car parks about 5.30 that was me and Sarah and we were not amused!!

Where the hell did he drop you off?!?

A Fcukin Car
al said:
Where the hell did he drop you off?!?

On a bypass type road somewhere!!! We had to walk for ages on a proper road then up this dodgey dirt track thingy for ages about a foot away from all the cars who were by the way having a good laugh at us!!

Oh and thanks to the car that beeped when they were right next to me and making me jump..........................in the nettles :evil: