ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RenaultSport 2002 172 - New Daily / Money Pit

ClioSport PH2
Hi Chaps,

Now a proud fully paid member I thought id post a few pics of my new little clio.

The car is a 2002 172 with a FSH and 52k from new with low onwership.

Unfortunately it has always been washed through CARWASHES so never had an A* treatment so i dedicated my sunday to slavery....

This is the car when I bought it...

Clio5.jpg

Clio1.jpg

IMG00368-20100829-1426.jpg

So, spent the whole day sunday reveiving the paint which included some Wet&Dry paper some fine rubbing compound alot of elbowgrease alot of Polish, some restoring and lubricating rubber seal products a few very light 'touch ups' and some leathercare. Then alot of 'sealing and finishing' products were used, these are the results...

IMG00387-20100904-1849.jpg

IMG00382-20100902-1958.jpg

IMG00389-20100904-1849.jpg

IMG00390-20100904-1850.jpg

IMG00392-20100904-1850.jpg

IMG00395-20100904-1851.jpg

IMG00397-20100904-1851.jpg

IMG00400-20100904-1852.jpg

IMG00402-20100904-1853.jpg

Im not quite finished yet and will need to go over it a few times till its complete but so far so good, think she looks quite mint and the reflection is great. Sorry you cant see the depth of the paint due to all pics being taken on my BlackBerry.:dapprove:

I have a few planned subtle mods to follow but at the moment concentrating on getting some new shocks (mine are knackered), Exhaust blow sorted, 4 new tyres (hate budgets) some Speedline Turinis, and ASAP will be doing the CAM and AUX belt, hint hint mr Tom @ JMS!!!:approve:

Anyone got any idea what id look to sell this car for if I was going to? Cheers let me know what you guys think and if there ar any reccomended mods to do rite away.

Thanks

SG9 Forester STi
I have lots of love for monaco's and it looks like you've found a nice one :) enjoy it!

Welcome btw!

Westy. MX5
I've always said dark colours polish up the best and yours is no exception, looks good in dark blue. Well done mate.

S'trollin on size 7s
WOW.. when can you do mine? lol thats gleaming now, last time i tried polishing one of my cars ,i was only doin a panel at a time n no matter what it wouldnt buff off propperly so ive never dared to attempt it again.lol spesh not with my 172..no no no no

and tell you another thing you might want to add to your list of things to do, the fact youve got one xenon headlight and one halogen!!???

ClioSport PH2
LOL @ Everyone who just realised my headlight situation, currently on the hunt for a new xenon unit, I do have the original so got ballast etc etc just need the headlight unit itself anyone got one? OSF headlight and while im at it NSF fog also needs replacing...

Someone help explain DE-TANGO please, soz new to scene and a little baffed...

Also thanks to all the nice comments its nice when hard work pays off!

There was a shop thing on ebay that sold drivers side xenon lamps for £40, but they've stopped doing them now /:

De-tangoing is silver indicator bulbs and clear side repeators - no more orange!

ClioSport PH2
Damn wish the shop was still available!!!

Thanks JoeyD, will be De-Tangoing soon, best place to get indicators + side repeaters?

Need to get a set of shocks also, may have rears so need fronts, anyone lol

ClioSport PH2
Forget Coilies JoeyD,

Need it as a daily so really after just a set of original shocks all round, got APEX springs at moment and they feel CRAP!!! dont know wether its them or the fact that the rear shock have spilled their guts and im now running on bump stops, OH YEHHHHHHHH.....LOL!

Try some Eibach Sportlines/Prolines. They're meant to be the best springs available if you're on standard shocks.
Perhaps try some new rear shocks though first.. LOL!

ClioSport PH2
Ha Ha Ha, got a trip to the Nurburgring planned on the 1st October:cool: so will need this sorted asap. Also trying to find the best time to book in @ JMS so Tom can do a full belt and aux renewal asits a little overdue (3yrs), when I stated money pit I wasnt joking just thinking bout the list of things to do to car before Nurburgring is scaring me into applying for overtime...:(

Things to do...

* 4 New Shocks All Round
* Eibach Spring Kit
* Full Cam & Aux Belt Renewal
* 4 New Tyres
* Sort Exhaust Blow
* 2 Track Rod Ends
* Full Service
* OSF Xenon Headlight
* NSF Fog Light
* Road Tax
* MOT

All this to do before my trip in less than a month, ouch my pocket hurts already...

So if anyone can help by selling me any of the above for cheap it would be much appreciated and I'd even bring you back a Ring sticker, Oh YEH!:rasp:

Mountune Tractor
Ha Ha Ha, got a trip to the Nurburgring planned on the 1st October:cool: so will need this sorted asap. Also trying to find the best time to book in @ JMS so Tom can do a full belt and aux renewal asits a little overdue (3yrs), when I stated money pit I wasnt joking just thinking bout the list of things to do to car before Nurburgring is scaring me into applying for overtime...:(

Things to do...

* 4 New Shocks All Round
* Eibach Spring Kit
* Full Cam & Aux Belt Renewal
* 4 New Tyres
* Sort Exhaust Blow
* 2 Track Rod Ends
* Full Service
* OSF Xenon Headlight
* NSF Fog Light
* Road Tax
* MOT

All this to do before my trip in less than a month, ouch my pocket hurts already...

So if anyone can help by selling me any of the above for cheap it would be much appreciated and I'd even bring you back a Ring sticker, Oh YEH!:rasp:

Jesus with that little lot and the paint work being poor you must have got a bargain with the price!