ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewell quote :o !!!!!!!

mk2 slow. . .
ok just got my renewell quote through, been driving a year now, had one crash about month and a half ago, also done pass plus.

direct line now want £2045! full comp in my own name, £500 excess

is it me or that seem a bit pricey?

andy

Arctic Blue FF 182
You just told me £2035!haha Try admiral as they gave me a better quote, but you already know that!haha

BMW M135i
The first years no claims makes a big difference, making a claim in that first year isn't going to help you much. You might find it a little cheaper but not much.

Arctic Blue FF 182
Haha, Andy is my brother and just did a quote for him. How crazy is this:
Admiral want £2115 but if i add mum to his policy as a named driver it becomes £1444.75 with a £400 excess. Bit crazy?

320d
^^^ yeh it goes down loads. I'm going to add my mum and nan to quote for a 1*2 when the time comes.

Dynamique Flamer
Sometimes though this will only work if you say your mum or whoever is the main driver then you are not eligable to build up more no claims?

Arctic Blue FF 182
Yeah, but the insurance quote i did was with the policy in his name, and mum as the named driver

Audi A3
im still in my first year with directline another 6 months to go till renueal when i want to change so can get the mods rolling on got a 52 plate 1.2 16v and paying 1500 iirc :) on my own full comp so im hoping for around 1k renwel with mods

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Adding family members with experience will often bring the quote down. Quirk of the system.

Dynamique Flamer
Yeah, but the insurance quote i did was with the policy in his name, and mum as the named driver

Thats ok then just on a previous policy i had my mum was the main driver so i didnt build up no claims for my policy that i have now that could have been cheaper if i had them!

AK

M240i
Thats ok then just on a previous policy i had my mum was the main driver so i didnt build up no claims for my policy that i have now that could have been cheaper if i had them!

Some insurers allow named drivers to build up no claims; CIS, Direct Line etc

iirc you need to be 19 to build up no claims with CIS..

that's good compared to what i've been getting! 2.2k+, im 19 and been driving a year but no ncb. b****cks if you ask me.

mk2 slow. . .
im still in my first year with directline another 6 months to go till renueal when i want to change so can get the mods rolling on got a 52 plate 1.2 16v and paying 1500 iirc :) on my own full comp so im hoping for around 1k renwel with mods

thats exactly the same as me, excpet i crashed with 1 month till renewell, :mad:, was my fault so i have to pay the consequences, but seems very steep!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I paid £1800 on a 1.4 8v clio in my 2nd year cos I had a claim in my first year. Wish I had known about adding parents to cheapen quote at that time. It saves me quite a bit now, only found out by luck of trying it.