ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reno 5 mmmm

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Thats a Phase 1 GTT isnt it? Never that keen on all the Plastic myself, i got offered one exactly like that when i first started looking at 5s!

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

truth is...i let my cuz practice a bit wi the grill he loves doin mods but im thinkin on getting the k-tec front bumper so that will be off soon...failing that hes sprayin it red on sunday...so ill post some pics as i go updates on the R5 project!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Looks standard???? I really just dont like the Red Centre caps in the wheels either, but apart from that its just a standard white 5 isnt it?

The Jinx

Nothing wrong with standard. Designers get paid millions to get it right the 1st time.

Plus the ph1 so obviously looks better. Like most phase 1s really, mk1 clio, mk2 clio, R5, yada, yada

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

now boys....yes std is good but some nice touches never hurt did they....i dont think that looks like a granny car...bet it dont move like a granny car....obviously very well looked after!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Mervin - remember that it was designed in the 80s though....... youve gotta move with the times un less the car is a classic - in that case it should be left standard like Chris N Nics car - i wouldnt just put some aftermarket wheels on!

Id have my 220bhp 5 back again any day before i touched a standard one lol

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 06 April 2005

i actually modified the Standard grille on mine - just cut all the slats away and left the Renault badge, then just meshed it - everyone thought it was an aftermarket one as it looked so different but i think it suited it well!
We did this on my mates years & years ago... looks mint, and improves cooling...

The Jinx

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Mervin - remember that it was designed in the 80s though....... youve gotta move with the times un less the car is a classic - in that case it should be left standard like Chris N Nics car - i wouldnt just put some aftermarket wheels on!

Id have my 220bhp 5 back again any day before i touched a standard one lol

I agree mate. I tend to lean towards slight but tasteful mods that work with the original lines.

I really hate the carisma et al deep front bumpers on R5s though.

Nowt wrong with a nice set of wheels and a few touches here and there.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 06 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 06 April 2005

Clarts was mint but my fav is Rich-Ds from on here!
You rang... ;)

An old pic, has clear indicators and sits on standard rims at the moment.

Will be getting sold this summer though... not got the time, money or space for it now! :cry:
pm me when you do sell.....

Nippy white cup

The only mods I had on mine was the outwardly rolled 3" or 3 1/2 " exhaust (cant remember but it fit perfectly into the cutaway on the bumper) and the usual filter/dumpvalve/bleedvalve. Had it rrd at 150 and tweaked it a fair bit after that...very quick little car and was good for over 140 indicated. The guy who had it b4 me had took such care with it that I wanted to keep it bog standard looks wise.

Ive seen it since I sold it with huge wheels (very nice but has pulled the arch cover away probably on full lock) and a side exit exhaust but it still has the cutaway on the back bumper and a lot of rust near the locks:(

Chris

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/chriscup1/101-0128_IMG.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 06 April 2005

Now this is all time personal fav R5!:-

So simple and effective!
Cheers, thats my 2nd one...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Looks standard???? I really just dont like the Red Centre caps in the wheels either, but apart from that its just a standard white 5 isnt it?
Nope... far from standard...

Avo coilovers
Adjustable strut brace
Hybrid turbo (or did have)
Braided turbo oil feed
GT Tuning uprated clutch
Pipercross induction kit
NGK race plugs
Silicone HT leads
Scorpion SS exhaust
Copper cored rad
Low temp stat
Low temp rad fan switch
Higher speed rad fan
Copper cored intercooler
Kevlar turbo heatshield
15" alloys
Clear indicators
Red calipers
etc...

Looks basically standard externally though, dont go in for the chav look!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

5s dont have to look "chav" just because theyre not standard!

I just had the bumpers smoothed (recesses filled), full respray in Rover Storm Grey, GT Tuning spoiler, Renault 19 Vent, Bad boy bonnet etc - all was cool at the time trust me lol!

Nothing was really "stuck on the car" except the spoiler, i dont like the huge kits that K-Tec and Carisma have produced over the years, but i think the cars can look much better with a few nice body mods etc.

The spec of the engine was mental - everything had been done except N20,

Would definitely own another one, maybe only push it to 160 bhp as i know they can be reliable like this, but much more and things start to break no matter how much you think theyre strengthened, as i found out!

Oh come on Nick, could you describe a modded 5 as classy? It would be the sort of car i would of killed my granny for when i was 17 but id be embarrased to drive one now.

Clarts is quite nice, that grey is the best colour for them in my eyes. Sylvia (GR7) should post her old GTT, it was standard i think except for 172 wheels and it looked suprisingly nice.

-Rob

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

I didnt say Classy once Rob????

All i actually said (if you read the post) is that just because a 5 isnt standard does not make it Chav.

Any car can be "chav" if the wrong mods are done to it - i could make a Ferrari into a Chav car with a £20 Halfords Voucher.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 07 April 2005

5s dont have to look "chav" just because theyre not standard!

I just had the bumpers smoothed (recesses filled), full respray in Rover Storm Grey, GT Tuning spoiler, Renault 19 Vent, Bad boy bonnet etc - all was cool at the time trust me lol!

Nothing was really "stuck on the car" except the spoiler, i dont like the huge kits that K-Tec and Carisma have produced over the years, but i think the cars can look much better with a few nice body mods etc.

The spec of the engine was mental - everything had been done except N20,

Would definitely own another one, maybe only push it to 160 bhp as i know they can be reliable like this, but much more and things start to break no matter how much you think theyre strengthened, as i found out!
Err... I wasnt specifically talking about yours mate, I quite like your old one...

Just that I personally dont go in for doing much in the way of visual changes on any of my cars though, I prefer subtle styling changes if anything.

Like another of my old cars, my 106 GTi >>>

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Pug106GTi/Pug%20106%20Mine%20Now%20front_side.jpg

No major changes, just Morettes, white Speedlines, clear repeaters, different badges and very slightly lowered , but looks spot on! :cool:

Punto/Clio GTT

under the bonnets of 5s look a right mess i think. you got pipes here there n everywhere, spose its down to how old they are. i think renault 5s look crap myself, sure they could go pretty quick, but they still look like a box with a slanted back

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

All those pipes are there for a reason... the turbo...

Some are boost, some are oil, most are water.

Remember they were styled in the early 80s though, things change, do you think a Clio will not look dated when its 20 years old!?

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 07 April 2005

under the bonnets of 5s look a right mess i think. you got pipes here there n everywhere, spose its down to how old they are.

still a mess either way lol

I still love the old 5 gt turbos,
my mate had a tungy grey f reg one, which he sold to a mate, he regretted selling it, so he boght it back, however he didnt really have the time for it, so he sold it on- to a dude with a clio v6

i reckon they look ace with subtle mods to be honest, I think they look mint on pahese 2 valver wheels (like the one clart had) i think the standard gt wheels are poo.

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

i love my R5 shes a beast with grunt, she turns heads, and will turn even more when she is finished, used to have a clio loved that too but GTTs always hold a place in my heart, all down to taste i guess, individuality is what makes us special guys...love it or leave it...up to you :D

yeah but theirs none about anymore as they have all been smashed up clarkiev6 so no one knows what they look like lol.

melbo where you from as im sure i seen that car in colchester?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup

saw some pics on here ages ago of a tungsten grey r5 turbo on polished turbines and it was slammed, rest of body was standard, it was the nicest one ive ever seen, anyone got pics of it???????

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

Nice 1 JayGTT, yours looks very nice! What turbo you running with 23psi, and is that on the 1.4 engine, i got uprated gaskets and running it standard, although i have the boost in the car i want it tuned properly cos im scared something pops! But yeh :D well nice! Bsimmer300 im from near newcastle though i did buy it from derby 3 month ago as it is now

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Must admit - the white GTts were my favourite colour. I think I have even more respect for them now as the ones that are left are either driven well, looked after well or a combination of both. The kevs and idiots have killed the rest off.

I would have had a personal for Chriss car - the original looked great. The only minor tweek Id make would have been to get clear indicators for the front and the wings. Thats me just being petty though! ;)

D.

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

Mines sweet well looked after but you got to admit jamie shaws carisma gt was so sweet (and well looked after me thinks lol) silver with chrome bumper, mmm i was thinking of full respray for mine but to costly, guess the original red stays, white ones do look nice and chris yours is a clean example...and what with the age of these buggers good examples are hard to find!!

EVO VII

Quote: Originally posted by melbo on 08 April 2005

Nice 1 JayGTT, yours looks very nice! What turbo you running with 23psi, and is that on the 1.4 engine, i got uprated gaskets and running it standard, although i have the boost in the car i want it tuned properly cos im scared something pops! But yeh :D well nice! Bsimmer300 im from near newcastle though i did buy it from derby 3 month ago as it is now
running a Full T25 .49 A/R exhaust side and .48 Comp side ;) turbo could run 28 psi but the crappy solex carb is holding me back. :cry: yer its still a 1.4 but a highly tuned one at that. Re-built it 3 times last year :D

Gearbox is still going strong though, its amazing really 170 bhp ATW loads of 1/4 action and it still as good as ever. infact its the only thing that i havent touched lol.

Oh and white is the best :D i love standard 5s i hate my front bumper but i have to have it coz of the Front mounted intercooler dont fit behind the standard bumper ( unless you chop it to pieces )