ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reno 5 mmmm

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 07 April 2005

Quote: Originally posted by nickg123 on 07 April 2005

5s dont have to look "chav" just because theyre not standard!

I just had the bumpers smoothed (recesses filled), full respray in Rover Storm Grey, GT Tuning spoiler, Renault 19 Vent, Bad boy bonnet etc - all was cool at the time trust me lol!

Nothing was really "stuck on the car" except the spoiler, i dont like the huge kits that K-Tec and Carisma have produced over the years, but i think the cars can look much better with a few nice body mods etc.

The spec of the engine was mental - everything had been done except N20,

Would definitely own another one, maybe only push it to 160 bhp as i know they can be reliable like this, but much more and things start to break no matter how much you think theyre strengthened, as i found out!
Err... I wasnt specifically talking about yours mate, I quite like your old one...

Just that I personally dont go in for doing much in the way of visual changes on any of my cars though, I prefer subtle styling changes if anything.

Like another of my old cars, my 106 GTi >>>

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Pug106GTi/Pug%20106%20Mine%20Now%20front_side.jpg

No major changes, just Morettes, white Speedlines, clear repeaters, different badges and very slightly lowered , but looks spot on! :cool:

actually it looks totally s*** to be honest!

172 & 205 GTI 1.6

sh*t jayGTT thats wicked but i just dont have the knowledge yet im still picking things up!! just joined RTOC and bloody hell there are some fantastic R5s on there lol im in awe!!!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by rasp on 08 April 2005

Well youre the first person to ever say that...

You prefer it to have 18" rims, lexus lights and a massive spoiler!?

Street Triple R

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 08 April 2005

he cant be looking at the same picture surely, that 106 is gorgeous

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

was gonna say u should join rtoc, im the gloucester area rep and im taking over the events co ordinator job for rtoc soon, i love the way people slate 5s its prob the only renault i would buy, i hate clios now lol, however my all time fav 5 has to be marts from rtoc, or bloke on there called deano... full efi, stupid big turbo and some other topsecret stuff i cant mention lol, looks like he will be breaking mike spencers record this year :D ahsys gorblimy is nice too :D and there are some nice kitted ones, personnally i like the standard bodykit on a gtt, clean up the bumpers fit a side exit, and smooth the rear bumper and mesh it... they look nice standard, and then fit a set of clio 16v phase 1 rims and they look stunning !

clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by bsimmer3000 on 07 April 2005

yeah but theirs none about anymore as they have all been smashed up clarkiev6 so no one knows what they look like lol.

melbo where you from as im sure i seen that car in colchester?

there not ALL SMASHED UP...LOL

I GOT ONE....

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Fred - Where is that?!?

I live in Newbury and sold the car over 2 years ago now - the lad that bought it from me was from Newcastle - thats the last i knew of it!

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 08 April 2005

I would, it makes it original...and getting a spotty kid from Halfords to fit your spoiler will make it individual too..

Mmmmmmmodification.

EVO VII

nope no conversion kits just engineering skill. the basic idea is front subframe in the back but you have so many problems with alinement gear selector, handbrake, brakes e.t.c

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

yup, scoff is a really nice bloke, sooo laid back and never likes to big himself up for that car... just gets on with it !

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by MaLicE on 12 April 2005

yup, scoff is a really nice bloke, sooo laid back and never likes to big himself up for that car... just gets on with it !
In that case... guess who supplied a lot of the bits for that car... ;)

He bought most of my old tungy grey GTT off me a couple of years ago to build that rwd monster, it was mechanically mint but the shell was terminally rusty so I stripped it and Scoff had loads of the parts, so it lives on! :cool:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

lol the engine i have personnally seen it blow atleast twice lol, and watched him at trax last year doing the 0-60 and instead of stopping went for a drive in the gravel trap lol :D