ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Resetting camber after changing spring

Hi folks my local garage has changed a front coil spring for me for the mot as I have no room to do it at the moment. I've driven it home and now the steering wheel if off centre and doesn't drive quite as good as when I first picked it up.

In all fairness I forgot to tell them about the eccentric bolts so I've watched a YouTube video of how to set them , should that pull my steering wheel back straight too ?

Cheers
Paul

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Paul,

What was the reason for changing 1 spring? It could be that the other side is just as worn now and is sagging to one side slightly

There's a whole host of answers to be given for this issue mate :)

Cheers

Hi Paul,

What was the reason for changing 1 spring? It could be that the other side is just as worn now and is sagging to one side slightly

There's a whole host of answers to be given for this issue mate :)

Cheers
Hi the reason it was changed is it had snapped at the very top so failed the mot. I know the previous owner had changed all for in the three years he'd owned it

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Hi the reason it was changed is it had snapped at the very top so failed the mot. I know the previous owner had changed all for in the three years he'd owned it
Ah I thought as much

It could just be that they've farted about and not paint marked the bolt head, washer and the hub to line everything back up afterwards. Did they fit the correct spring same as the other corner, as different branded springs give different amounts of coils and have different spring rates etc etc

Stick the car on the flat and measure from the top of the tyre to the arch on both corners before you spend more money on tracking. If there's no difference then get the tracking done and see if it makes it any better :)

Thanks for the reply, it's the same make spring so should be okay.

'll try measuring as you say but am a bit tight for space to do anything about it so will phone them tomorrow and explain about the bolts and steering wheel

It changes the toe adjusting the camber. They should of picked up on the bolts though, this is one of the reasons why I do everything my self now, other people f**king things up costing you more money