ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RichjWilliams - Track Day Trophy #343

Clio Trophy #343
Side mounts were rubbed down

null-38.jpg

Primered

null-40.jpg

null-39.jpg

Painted

null-43.jpg

Then I gave a coat on the rear

null-42.jpg

null-41.jpg

Needs another coat in parts but is ready for the seats to go back in tomorrow hopefully

Clio Trophy #343
Totally enjoyed Bedford :)

Car pretty much ran faultlessly bar burning a plug for the lamba on the exhaust :) fuse change and cable ties sorted that :)

No pictures available as yet but I have this video of a bit of a hussle we were having with a very evenly matched clio ph1

http://youtu.be/2Wq2d3b7Xjk

Have an exhaust blow now too, so a couple of bits need sorting :( but should be back ready to rock ASAP :)

Clio Trophy #343
We are mega pleased with it tbh, whilst we know it could be better with upgrades, its just sooo much fun, and providing you pick your battles its pretty evenly matched to other standard stuff which makes it epic fun :)

Clio 172
Just seen the thread. I said hello to you on Friday (had the dark glasses on and was driving the flame red PH1). The car went very well on track glad you had a good day its alot of fun at Bedford (only my second time there). Where abouts in Coventry are you based?

Just seen the thread. I said hello to you on Friday (had the dark glasses on and was driving the flame red PH1). The car went very well on track glad you had a good day its alot of fun at Bedford (only my second time there). Where abouts in Coventry are you based?

​Ah, so that is you - too many people not enough time and all that.

Clio Trophy #343

Hello mate :)

That was my second time there too, really enjoyable circuit, was good to me you, even if it was a bit briefly.

As chip says, I'm tile hill side if Coventry, there are quite a few clio's around though that I see, someone has a very RB clio like the one chip has just bought, and I see two or three 172's that look mega tidy :)

Coventry/Nuneaton meet and convoys are in order maybe :)

Clio Trophy #343
Recent updates:

New lamb sensor sorted and on, however the light is still on and its idling a bit rough lol

So as we had a leaking centre box, we removed the decat and centre box and sent them over the dewismotorsport for some repair and another lamba boss adding so we can plug our wideband :)

New boss
null-65.jpg

Repair and new clamp
null-64.jpg

null-63.jpg

Finally, to enable us to turn off the eml and equip the car with the 98 Ron map we have bought the following :)

null-62.jpg

That is all

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Has it got the ABS module as well Rich?

To get the lambda light to go off you will need to put the second sensor in fresh air, so you could have used that boss for your wideband.

Clio Trophy #343
Yes it abs and airbag module :)

When you say fresh air, does that mean start it up with it not attached to the decat? Then refit?

Thanks mate, for this and all the questions you've answered in buying one lol :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
No I mean cable tie it under the car and never plug it into the decat, as if its in decat then the ECU will see that you dont have a cat and so will put the light on.

Clio Trophy #343
No I mean cable tie it under the car and never plug it into the decat, as if its in decat then the ECU will see that you dont have a cat and so will put the light on.

Oh right, it worked ok before? It went to Bedford and round Bedford with it plugged in? We bought that spacer price so its not too close and the light stayed of, will try it again but if we have probs then I will do as mentioned :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Probably got away with it before because of the exhaust hole, which would have sucked in fresh air and made it look like the car was working by altering the lambda value for the second sensor.

Clio Trophy #343
Probably got away with it before because of the exhaust hole, which would have sucked in fresh air and made it look like the car was working by altering the lambda value for the second sensor.

could be, it was not leaking at the time as we pasted the damage so when first fitting it was all sealed, however i have read that sometimes the light comes on after a while and tbh we now have a new clean sensor so may be more sensitive, i will try it the old way and see what happens... other wise, no need for that new hole then ha ha

Clio Trophy #343
Yeah it doesnt normally come on straight away even when its going to come on.

Out of interest what are the symptoms that would go with this? New lamba plugged in and the idle is hardly any better, turn codes off and make no difference :( would the decat cause this?

Only had a two second play with it last night and have not got a licence sorted as yet but will do at the weekend :)

Last edited:
  Clio Trophy #343
Wondering if its something else, going to have a propper look at the weekend and may get the wideband on just to see of its just idle etc

I just hope as the lamba fused its not damaged anything else lol

Clio Trophy #343
Had 20 mins to have a look at the car this evening, better description of the issue is as follows:

-Rough idle - misfire
-The misfire remains during a rev
-initially will pop and bag when blipped
-Stinks of fuel
-Gets a little less lumpy when idled for a short while but everything else remains the same

Parts new or recent:
Plugs and leads - less than 1k
Lamba just fitted
Fresh oil and filter
Std air box and filter
Scorpion srn019 inc decat

We also have a rs tuner, still on original 182 map, can use live feed if there is some feeds people can suggest we track

Cheers
Rich

Clio Trophy #343
Coil pack/injector.

Thanks mate :)

Is this something the live feed could indicate? I was tempted to start replacing parts that have not been :)

Coolant temp sensor
Coil pack
Single injector

Then doing them one at a time as its not going to hurt to have spares :)

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are you saying it still says there is a live feed issue on the RS Tuner and it wont clear Rich?

Can you post a screenshot showing the codes?