ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel 182

Leon Cupra
Hey guys. iv just bought a 182, and i cant get my road angel working in it. any ideas? could it be the tinted screen? its currently in the centre at the bottom. where do other people position them? i cant be the only person with a 182 and a road angel?! thanks, any help gratefully received!!!:)

VW ....
if u have the UV resistant screen ... probs will be that .... think u need to have an antenna to get it to work properly .

sure someone who has actually already done this will confirm .

clio 182 black /gold
The reflective screen will stop alot of radars from coming through. Get an extra arieal

www.renparts.co.uk
Leeshez said:
The reflective screen will stop alot of radars from coming through. Get an extra arieal

they don't work on radar detection. its gps. Mine works but sometimes loses signal. The external antenna is the part required. either on the parcel shelf or under the scuttle panel
ta
josh

i got my snooper in the little square on the windscreen and had no problems got the radar bit pointing out there aswell will try my dads road angle 2 on the weekend

mazda 2 sport white
got a road angel in my 182 smack in the middle in the small square part in the screen and it works fine , just put the suckers in the lower part of the square . see how gos .

106 GTi
The only way I could get my RA2 to work in my 182 was to mount it low down in the the sqaure area so it was almost touching the dash. Even then it would drop signal under trees and in town and would take ages on start up. This also meant the laser detector was obscured by the wipers.

With an additional attenna on the the rear shelf ledge it now works as well as it did in a normal screened car.

ra-2.jpg

pid

182, black gold
on the subject, how much are road angels?? worth it?? i was looking at the combined sat nav one, the road angel 'navigator' i think. dont think it has radar detection thopugh.

any reviews welcome!

pete

ps. whats that square on the windscreen actually for?!

BMW M3
Id forget about the radar/laser detection. Ive got a sensor in my grill and has never gone off. It does work as ive tested it with a B&O TV remote lol

Oh, and the square is a non UV bit for the French Tax reading machines. Or something like that.

pid said:
on the subject, how much are road angels?? worth it?? i was looking at the combined sat nav one, the road angel 'navigator' i think. dont think it has radar detection thopugh.

any reviews welcome!

pete

ps. whats that square on the windscreen actually for?!

In France they have lots of tolls and for French people having to use the roads stopping at everyone would be a pain. So some have sensors that pick up a signal from a device in your car so you don't stop and it bills you. They put the square bit their so the device in your car would get a signal so really other things gps etc should work.

Leon Cupra
Thanks very much guys. i'll try lowering it as much as i can, if i have no joy i'll buy the extra aerial. cheaper than a gatso ticket. cheers.

Monaco Blue 172
but how can that detect laser ? or from the back window ? i'm confused as someone just said the wipers can block it. so surely a thick f**k off bit of plastic does the same ?

106 GTi
The Antenna only picks up the GPS signals, the laser detector on the unit pics up laser.

The UV screen only effects the GPS signal not the laser detection, laser wil pass through the screen.

I mentioned the wipers blocking the laser detector as to get the unit to work in the cut out square the unit had to be mounted to low down meaning the laser sensor on the front of the unit was blocked by the wipers. (This is mostly a waste of time as a laser warning on one of theses basically just tells you that you have been caught!)

With the additional attenna the Road Angel itself can be mounted higher up the screen above the wipers, behind the UV coated section of the glass and still work.

Monaco Blue 172
aaah i c. but the thing wont work at all without its gps signal, so u gotta have that extra bit.

could have done with one yest, but thats another story :eek:

106 GTi
Yeah for the unit to work and show the speed and where the fixed cameras are it uses GPS, without signal it wont do much.

Oh dear sounds worrying.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Justin182 said:
Works well here too....

DSC00487.jpg

Strange that works as it doenst look like its getting a clear view of the sky... looks like its completly covered by the skuttle panel ?

BMW M3
^^^ The signal can pass through plastic no problem, so its still getting a good view... if not perfect. It doesnt do so well with metal and hence why it needs be near the windows.

I have had it there since i got it almost a year ago and have never once lost a signal except for tunnels and next to tall buildings.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Thx, didnt know plastic didnt affect the gps signals.. getting a RA2 soon so that is where ill put he antenna..

BG Megane 225
Thank you ! :)

Picked car up on Saturday and thought external / additional arial was only way forward.. Sorted