ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road to LeMans 2010 (12th/13th June)... you game?

Clio 172 Cup
haha a convoy wud be gd. 6hrs isn't too bad. i'm coming from peterhead so add another 3hrs on for me haha.

aye well gaz i mite nd a passenger haha

2003 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
Le Mans is such an awesome road trip! Been twice before when i was younger and it was one of the best experiences of my life, nothing beats great cars, great roads, great food and lots of beer! They often open up sections of the track on the friday too so it can be exciting (great laughing at the knob in a porsche who spins out) ;) Burnouts in the village nearby after the race are a must!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Need exact dates for this, ie the dates we're leaving Manchester and expected return date, just so i can book the time off :)

read the thread u clownshoe ;)

leaving the UK on the thursday lunch/early afternoon - 10th june

returning to the UK on the monday afternoon - 14th june

Liquid Yellow 197 F1
to be honest guys, everything i'd pm you is all in tyhe thread.

but as it stands this is my (very unorganised) plan

meet on the thurs morning at a services on the M6, then pick people up on the way, i have some mates wanting to come but they are embarresed buout their car (rightly so) so it might be a case of us all chopping and changing, but its all good fun and games and will help with teh banterzzz!

i wanna be getting to Dover for lunch time, and get the seacat over about 1ish? it only takes an hour and at the mo tickets are about £47, upon arrival at boulogne or calais (still to confirm but hang fire as i will know very soon) we will in effect bomb it to a hotel not far from Lemans or say half way, we can all go to the local steakhouse and banter about journey and charge ourselves for the friday morning and get a bedded kip down us.

also the reason for this being friday morning we need to get into lemans and enjoy the stupidity of the legendardy fridays, then onto the campsite (need help with this), crack open the ameretto and perve at other cars, throw bricks at gaz...

most campsites are a 5 min drive/15 min walk from lemans but the nature of the course means your always near the track just not neccessarily the grandstands....

so yeh, drinking on the friday.

saturday the race starts, so its sunbathe, have a coffee in lemans and then get redy for the race.... watch some, cause some more carnage, fight some germans, then settle down for the nights racing, kip, drink, etc and lark about.... more of the same and travelling back on the monday.

so ideally we'll need to ne leaving the campsite about 10ish on the monday to get a ferry for say 2 or three (again which i'll confirm asap)

i know a few people might wanna go earlier and/or take in europe but if i give my plans then it sort of gives a rough plan that we can all stick to non?

*people need to be deciding on their vinyl for their car and getting the designs made up, had some STUPIDLY funny ideas already :D*

i'll supply the TeamAriane stickers and fred is confirmed as tour mechanic, just had wind that a bedford A-team van is joining the convoy too so all in all... yeh thats it.

:D

Sounds like you've got a good plan there. The only couple of things i would say is you might be better off getting there thursday and setting up, then going out friday if you want to. Otherwise things will be rushed.
Its also the drivers perade in Le Mans on Friday so the town is shut for most of the afternoon. Although the surrounding towns are still heaving. The track its self isn't actually in Le Mans, its a short drive along the motorway.
The other thing i was going to say is if your wanting to catch a 2pm ferry home on the Monday your going to have to wake up very early after having stayed up for 24hrs the day before. I've usually aimed for a 4/5 ferry for just incase.

So has anyone decided which campsite they are staying on?

cheers luke :)

guess we'll hit the site on thurs then and go out from there.

campsite wise... no idea, seen a pistonheads one, one or two others, any recommendations?

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I'll be one of those, embarrased about my car. I might choose to hire something more fun instead money permitting, lol. So I presume you've booked the ferry then Naith?

Italian 3.2 V6
PSJ, i could drive to yours and leave my car there saves me from gettin a train etc!

That cool?

Or Willy could pick me up from Glasgow ;)

yea that would be fine by if you cant get a lift, just watever im easy ;)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I So want to go to this, i need to find out the dates for deva dubs and rememebr when my mates wedding is ...

if they dont clash... nayone want a skippy? lol

Whats the plan for booze and keeping it cold? Is anyone thinking about going to the cash n carry in France before heading to the campsite?

jamier27

ClioSport Club Member
  T5, Ariel Atom 300
I am soooo tempted by this and knocking the ring trip on the head.....

but i no longer have a renault :dapprove:

obviously the sooner booked the better but how late can u realistically leave it before having to book to get on a campsite etc..

doesnt matter what car you have

its an official TeamAriane tour, stuff of legends if i do say so myself!

all are welcome.. as long as they like house music, birds, petrol, sticking by their mates and can handle me ripping the pi55 out of them

FYI: the clio V6 has its engine in the back(laguna), the front, when plugged operates as a perfect ale box

Italian 3.2 V6
Just got this off work! Really looking forward to this!

So gaz, willy... What's the plan with us ATM? All meeting an driving down together, gaz in either mine or willy 1*2 after dropping the St220 at mine? then meeting others at Manchester an gaz is going with naith?

Confuzled ftl.. Lol :S

PSJ.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Something like that mate lol!

BUT

If i do have the Mondy then i think i'd rather experience it as a driver than a passenger!

I wont know for a few months tho lol! Its 20 weeks away anyway, loads of time!

Italian 3.2 V6
haha yea, this is true. Just getting excited lol!

20weeks will soon fly in. :)

Naith whts crack with vinyls? Do we design then and give the design to you? Or we do it on our own?

What's type of thing is every1 else having? Vinyl wise?

think its best if everyone does their own.

theres gonna be alot of banter between the roast beef and welsh cars ;) i'll probs have a welsh dragon draped across mine.

the jocks can have theirs sponsored by chlolesterol and buckfast ;)

i'll get a batch of TeamAriane stickers made up but apart from that, be as stupid as you wish with it all.

Clio 172 Cup
Just got this off work! Really looking forward to this!

So gaz, willy... What's the plan with us ATM? All meeting an driving down together, gaz in either mine or willy 1*2 after dropping the St220 at mine? then meeting others at Manchester an gaz is going with naith?

Confuzled ftl.. Lol :S

PSJ.

well i'm taking the cup over for definate so i'm easy if anyone wants to jump in. think a mate of mine is coming down with me aswell or he's maybe taking a phase 1 rallye down.

anyone booked the ferry yet????

UR R26
Why haven't I seen this! I've alway wanted to go to Le Mans! Any other SWesters going??

Has hotels and stuff been sorted yet (I haven't read te whole thread)

Dan'

Golf GT TDI
Why haven't I seen this! I've alway wanted to go to Le Mans! Any other SWesters going??

Has hotels and stuff been sorted yet (I haven't read te whole thread)

Dan'

iam very very tempted by this, its my birthday on the 11th aswell:D