ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road to LeMans 2010 (12th/13th June)... you game?

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
I'm thinking about le man this year. Has anyone got any idea of cost?
What the costs like there for food etc?
Cheers

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
tbh im aiming to do it on £400
did a long weekend in belgium for £250 once but that was skimping it lol

if u run hard, learn to drink, man up and are prepared to get the sh1t beaten out of you (physically and mentally) you are welcome

DCi 100
Run hard? As in rough sex?

;)

I'll see when the end of college is as I'm due to finish around that time, should be done though.

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
We were budgeting £500 all in for Le Mans, but 3 of us are heading to the ring so our budget is £1k!

Ok.

So u pay for the ferry 100 or so, entry 50, then what?
Do u have to pay for camping and entry to places. Also what's the price of beer like?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
just pick up all your beer at the big warehouse stores just off the other side of the ferry. cheap and massive selection

Black Clio GT
Ok.

So u pay for the ferry 100 or so, entry 50, then what?
Do u have to pay for camping and entry to places. Also what's the price of beer like?

last time i went i did three and half/four tanks of fuel (modded valver)
tickets inc camping were about £100 per person then ferry was £100ish. obviously better to take 2/3/4 people to share on fuel etc then theres booze/bbq stuff on top of that..... best four/five day road trip youll ever have imo

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
last time i went i did three and half/four tanks of fuel (modded valver)
tickets inc camping were about £100 per person then ferry was £100ish. obviously better to take 2/3/4 people to share on fuel etc then theres booze/bbq stuff on top of that..... best four/five day road trip youll ever have imo
Seals the deal for me fella.

RS200
Im going- wednesday to monday. will be my third time but first time driving! Should be stickering up the car :D
Whats dates are you all going? Would be good to come say hello.
Im going in a convoy of a 300bhp MR2 an Audi A6 and a few 500bhp evos i think so i,ll be the one 8 miles behind everyone in my 200 along with a little golf Mk 2 convertible that coming too.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Its still a mk1, just in mk2 years, the clipper is just a body kitted version made my karmen.

cabriolets came with a number of engines in not just a 1,8 :p

dont test me on mk1 golfs hahahah

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I just spend the majority of my time working with/ on / around mk1s lol

in my work shop currently we have 3 haha

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Id say that was good :D

dover calais?

JUST LOOKING EURO TUNNEL seems to be about double that price so i think although the ferry takes longer and you will all get to see me throwwing my innards up its probbly the better choice :)

Last edited:
lol, riad got paid today so we are ready to book, iirc it'll be dover to boulogne... cheap and takes 50 mins. but i'll look this afternoon innit :D

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Is anyone up for extending their trip to a Euro roatrip/Ring visit?

Myself, Paul and Scott F are looking to do this!

Also, has anyone booked the ferry, LeMans tickets or camping passes?

right, just had richngem round and we've spent the last three hours looking at vids and organising stuff.... wow is all i can say.

ferry is being looked at as i write now and gemma is sorting the camping. sorry for not updating, but at the same time its not all for me too sort ;)

anyone wondering whether to go or not, type in mad fridays into youtube :D :D

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
** UPDATE**

Right we have sorted the Ferry dates and times. This is what I've booked for both our 2 cars and Team Ariane's Commandering Chief Naith

P&O Ferry's www.poferries.com

Outward Journey
Dover - Calais
10th of June 2010
Check in by 11:45 to depart @ 12:15
Arrive in Calais at 14:45 local time
90 minute travel time
£25

Return Journey
Calais - Dover
14th of June 2010
Check in by 16:25 to depart @ 16:55 local time
Arrive in Dover at 17:25
£35

Journey time of 90 minutes
Remember france are 1 hour ahead of us

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Me too!!!

bloor made me promice i wouldnt throw up on the ferry... thats not something i can do lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
The extended trip is looking unlikley lol!

We got a list of attendee's?

Can you post up camping details asap. Danke :)