ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rob's Glacier White R26 TrackCar, Corbeau, Sabelt, AST'S

Sorry to hear that Rob :( Car looks fkin mint though!

My rear AST’s are very difficult to adjust too but I just wrap them in a cloth and use grips on them.

I’m taking my fronts down to AST Friday so maybe bump into you lol

BMW E36 328
Sorry to hear that Rob :( Car looks fkin mint though!

My rear AST’s are very difficult to adjust too but I just wrap them in a cloth and use grips on them.

I’m taking my fronts down to AST Friday so maybe bump into you lol

haha same here, these things happen. Cheers I love how it looks although I hate the anthracite colour wheels.

Mine are really hard to turn, can't move them without grips which I don't think you should have to do haha.

im not sure when I'll be going down tbh, need to order a replacement driveshaft aswel. May aswel get that on before or whilst it's being setup :)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
Cv clips are common on meganes, if you catch them early its just a re pack with grease and a new clip, the best clips to use are the stainless steel ones that go through and back on themselves, you buy the clips and the tool as a set, there not much at all

BMW E36 328
Cv clips are common on meganes, if you catch them early its just a re pack with grease and a new clip, the best clips to use are the stainless steel ones that go through and back on themselves, you buy the clips and the tool as a set, there not much at all

yes I've already had one done, do you mean the steel cable ties? I've got those and the tool for fitting them aswel.

Gutted for you rob. Good luck getting things sorted with AST!

haha I'm sure it will get sorted once AST give me a call back at some point today :)

david hodson

ClioSport Club Member
yes I've already had one done, do you mean the steel cable ties? I've got those and the tool for fitting them aswel.

haha I'm sure it will get sorted once AST give me a call back at some point today :)

yes , the steel cable tie type, i had to do mine also both sides , like your car and the thread keep up the good work

BMW E36 328
Looks good in them pictures. Can't believe the s**t luck you're having with these coilovers. Such a ballache

cheers Rhys, I love it haha. Ahh I know, not having much look at all. Hopefully get them sorted ASAP.

Should have bought KW's iirc :p

:(

yes , the steel cable tie type, i had to do mine also both sides , like your car and the thread keep up the good work

yep there the ones I have. I've ordered a new shaft so I'll just replace it. Cheers.

S1 Rallye Shed
Cars looking great, did you manage to get any videos of the day? Also how much was a new shaft?. my cv boot looks like it's popped off with the amount of grease on my wheel,but hoping it just a case of putting a new clip on.

BMW E36 328
Cars looking great, did you manage to get any videos of the day? Also how much was a new shaft?. my cv boot looks like it's popped off with the amount of grease on my wheel,but hoping it just a case of putting a new clip on.

Thanks Adam, may have got one as I borrowed a GoPro so I think I got a few laps on there. I managed to get the shaft for £130.50 posted from Renault believe it's or not :). Just get a new clip on :) cheaper than buying a shaft. I've only ordered another as I'm not sure how long I was out on the damaged shaft and the boot is destroyed anyway.

BMW E36 328
Had abit of an update on the suspension issue this afternoon from AST. It turns out that the front shocks have been fitted with the wrong spring, apparently they should have been fitted with a 64mm spring not what they are currently fitted with (they didn't tell me that). They are going to replace the front strut casings on the front as there both damaged, both front springs and helper springs will be replaced as both front springs are damaged, both topmount bearings are going to be replaced along with the protective boots so hopefully that should be the front all sorted. The rears are going to be fitted with new damper adjustors as they can't be turned by hand which should sort out the adjustors being so stiff, and the car will be alligned / setup for free again too. I should be heading down to Tewkesbury next Friday to finally get sorted out :).

TTRS & V50
Good news on the strut update, shame you don't get petrol reimbursed !

Car looking epic on track btw. So close to getting one but pussied out on Renault build quality with regards to the GB/Clutch/Fly.

BMW E36 328
Good news on the strut update, shame you don't get petrol reimbursed !

Car looking epic on track btw. So close to getting one but pussied out on Renault build quality with regards to the GB/Clutch/Fly.

i know , at least it's being sorted its the least they can do.

cheers :), yep it's typical Renault, clutches & flywheels are a weak spot for the meganes, ill swap mine at some point next year.

BMW E36 328
Two more photos from oulton, still not had a reply from extreme sport photography so these will have to do for now :)

image_zps34aadff5.jpg

image_zpsd3629a82.jpg

BMW E36 328
Well today was another day spent messing with the car :). Today's task was to get the front left corner stripped down, remove the driveshaft and tidy a few other little bits up. The front end came apart really easy having been taken apart before the fit the suspension, only took 30 mins unlike last time. Pretty simple job to do, now I'm just waiting on the new shaft being delivered from renault tomorrow :).

First job job was to remove the calliper and disc and loosen the hub nut with the 32mm socket. Big Allen key bit on a ratchet and a torx bit for the screw on the disc and they were off pretty quick (although everything was covered in CV grease) hate that stuff.

image_zps39bc6c07.jpg

Then I had to drain the gearbox again.... The oil was only two weeks old and had done one trackday :( but needs must. Have another 2.5 litres ready to go in tomorrow :)

image_zps06620d6b.jpg

quick photo of the driveshaft that coming off.

image_zpsd2c3ef78.jpg

next i I loosened off the 16mm nut that holds the stabiliser bar on, thankfully they all came off easily as they were only replaced a few weeks ago.

image_zps96ce1d0f.jpg

Then I loosened the ARB drop link off the shock again using a 16mm spanner and a Torx bit, that came off a treat.

image_zpsc93788db.jpg

Then i I had to undo the lower ball joint with the 18mm spanner, this was an awful lot easier than last time lol.

image_zpse1cde18d.jpg

then last but not least the 18mm pinch bolt that goes through the back of the hub.

image_zpse134e836.jpg

Then I could pull the hub complete with the driveshaft that's stuck in out :)

image_zps0aaba6eb.jpg

image_zpsd1057072.jpg

BMW E36 328
Seeing as the driveshaft was so stuck in the hub, hitting it with a hammer wouldn't work, had to nip round to jords and borrow the press so that we could remove the shaft, took a fair old bit of force to get out aswel.

image_zps9537e158.jpg

eventually it came out :)

image_zpsfaa79039.jpg

then headed back home and decided the give the hub a good old clean as it was starting to look terrible. Took a while but pretty happy it all clean :)

image_zps5e902038.jpg

image_zps7f34f70a.jpg

the new driveshaft will be here tomorrow (finger crossed) shouldn't take long to get back in. Then hopefully the passenger side should be trouble free for a while.