ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road proof - homemade Maxogen and no power steering = ?

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
My run from that day

DSC05215.jpg

Fook i wonder what mine would run if i took the Aircon & power steering off, gotta be over 190bhp :cool: sod it, love my FF toys/luxury :rasp: , its already hardcore enough stripped out on coillys lol, cams could be a nice touch though ;)

Mark, good find on the results, the cold airfeed made a good increase! cant belive how stripped out yours was lol, camera mount looked great for track days :cool:

Did consider the V6 airbox myself but just showed sunday that the standard Ph2 with the pannel filters are still good stuff :approve:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Other mods were all on for the previous run...

R-Sport ECU
ITG panel filter in standard airbox
Yozzasport decat
K-tec stealth exhaust

That lot got me to 176bhp

Mine must be super healthy then, 177bhp with just a Ktec cat-back & V6 airbox ... cant wait to get a de-cat & remap after the MOT in March :D

corsa ecoflex
my old ph1 172 with 102k made 177.2.........
fastchip remap
open cone piper x filter
scorpion cat back exhaust..
will get the graph up soon to prove,but it surprised a few peeps that day including jamesstone and of course myself as i was expecting maybe 150-160 bhp

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm, Im thinking of binning my pas too. The track rods are a little worn anyway so i need to sort something over the winter. Plus one of the pipes is very rusty and looks about to spill its fluid everywhere.

Yours wasnt that bad at slow speeds when i moved it in the pitlane at Bedford.

Any idea how much weight removing the pump and pipe work saves Mark?

A conservative estimate is 7kg saving from binning the pump, pipework, resevoir, and swapping the powered rack for a manual one.

Lose 7kgs, gain 7 bhp...winner all round.

Ph1
Hang on a minute, are we not missing something here???

What makes this rolling road and result 100% accurate yet when other folk post up results it gets scorned at due to the alleged accuracy of rolling roads?? :S :S

Selective reading ??

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
No one said it was 100% accurate.

Over two years, and spannning 30,000 miles it has given consistent readings on my Cup (graphs from seperate runs overlaid match excatly...look at the start and end of the rev range for both lines on my graph).

Also, standard cars tend to run as expected on this RR i.e. 165-170 bhp...which would indicate that it's not a million miles away from where it should be.

Anyway, the point of my post was the gains I've made...and looking at my graphs, and knowing what my previous readings were there is no reason to doubt this at all.

Is that a problem for you?

RS RIP
Mark has your steering gone heavier , or is it barely noticable especially with car rolling ? (can imagine the parking got worse)

+ steering reacts more precise to your actions ?

nice gokart it must be with these figures , your car