ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road Results For RS Clios

following on from ja.jacks thread, who has had there car rr'd after mods and what were there results

1*2, tuner, rr, peak power, peak torque, mods, were you happy

Heres mine

182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....

rr3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Re: RR results for 1*2s

I was about to post something like this :)

Mine was put on the rollers at powerstation and it got 183bhp lol. That's a mk1 172 with cat back exhast, ok then...

But I worked out they were over reading by approx 7% that day (lots of other standard cars over reading quite a bit).

Here's a pic of the graph, guessing an RS tuning remap and manifold would aid things?

rrprintout.jpg

Mk1 172, none, powerstation, 183bhp, 203nm, powerflow cat back, only bought it as standard exhaust died

Don't somehow beleive that, but just welcome any comments on the shape of the graph :)

Last edited:

MarkM, 182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....
Evoo, 172, N/A, Powerstation, 183, N/A, exhaust

full fat 182 cup packs

my car made 181 bhp and 155 fpt

mods
1 viper ramair kit#
2.inlet match
3. pual murry remap

next will be my cams then we wiil see what i get :dead:

MarkM, 182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust filter mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....
Perrie, 182, N/A, N/A, 181, 155, filter mani match remap

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

matty w,172,inlet&plenhum,airfilter,182 manifold with custom 100cell cat,stainless cat back,group n ecu all work carried out by hillpower 155atw corrected

MarkM, 182, gdi, gdi, 205, 177,cams exhaust filter mani match remap, not at first but getting better mapping was very poor....
mattyw, 172, hillpower,hillpower, 155atw, N/A,182mani exhaust sprtcat grpn

I will do a spreadsheet of this info if enough people post there results.

ChrisK, 172, gdi, gdi, 218, N/A, cams exhaust decat mani match remap ITBs
ChrisK, 172, N/A, N/A, 195, N/A, cams exhaust decat mani match remap
ChrisK, 172, N/A, N/A, 174, N/A, panelfilt

in order of peak power, note mattyw figure is at the wheels not sure what the corrected fly figure would be?

Please note - I no longer have my old itb'd car. TheJesus (jon) now has it. The results above are what I got when I had it. It may be running less/more power now. I think I can remember the torque figures too. With itbs it was around 178lb.ft.

Lionel Richie

205bhp @ wheels from memory

whatever, if any N/A clio beats us round a track i'll bare my arse in woolworths window!

JMR

RB 182 Cup

We've got a big Woolworths in Newark.

I DON'T expect to be seeing you there Fred.;)

Adamio, 172, N/A, Perfect Touch Performance, 183, 156, KTec Cat Back Exhaust + Pipercross IK (with CAF) + BBPT Grp N Remap

When i bought the car it just had a Pipercross Induction Kit and it was RR'd at 173 bhp.

Then i got my Ktec Exhaust (which was blowing at the time), K+N Apollo and a Grp N Remap and it was RR'd at 171 bhp.

So i switched back to the Pipercross Filter plus a CAF and without the exhaust blowing and i got 183 bhp.

BhpGraph.jpg

TorqueGraph.jpg

I still wouldn't say i'm happy. In the next month or so it'll be going to GDI for a 36k Service, Inlet Matching and to get my SMT6 installed and remapped (which will hopefully smooth the Torque out).

After that will be a 182 Manifold and Sports Cat.

Turbos.

Lol.

Someone should put peoples claimed stats in a spreadsheet though and sticky it.

I personally think it's a bit useless unless everyone uses the R/R, but people are obsessed with paper figures on here.

i'll go hire a cupracer..........i just want to see your ass and it'll be an an easier and less homo way than asking.

Lol.

I personally think it's a bit useless unless everyone uses the R/R, but people are obsessed with paper figures on here.

you should see what its like in the states.....their arguements on which brand RR to use and having to have SAE correction and smoothing levels etc lead to stabbings.

Milltek'd 182

Lol.

you should see what its like in the states.....their arguements on which brand RR to use and having to have SAE correction and smoothing levels etc lead to stabbings.

you serious?? way too far!

ok not real stabbings.........but forum wars go on and on and on....they wont even accept RR info from the UK as we dont use their stupid inertia RR's.

Milltek'd 182

lol i was gonna say!....the Americans don’t need much of an excuse to go killing so wouldn’t have surprised me too much!! ;)

Nippy white cup

Adamio, 172, N/A, Perfect Touch Performance, 183, 156, KTec Cat Back Exhaust + Pipercross IK (with CAF) + BBPT Grp N Remap
Chris n nic, 172 Cup, various, Chipwizards,195, 175, No cat, powerflow exhaust, ported inlet (not matched), 182 manifold, BMC induction with CAF, Chipwizards remap.

Terrible pic but I will get the graph up when I get it out of my locked up Cup.

DSC00509.jpg

Chris

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..

smt6/viper/headwork/cams/injectors/2.5" decat system: 196bhp/181lbft (172mk2). shes dead & gone now but if it helps for comparrisons..

Last edited:
  clio 200 F4Rt

Chris n nic, 172 Cup, various, Chipwizards,195, 175, No cat, powerflow exhaust, ported inlet (not matched), 182 manifold, BMC induction with CAF, Chipwizards remap
fmp, 182, shed motorsport, Regal Autosport, 190.5, 170.1, BTB exhasut, ITG panelfilter

keep them coming:)

I will put them in a spreadsheet tommorrow.

I will do some searching aswell there are also lucky 222bhp on bodies and rmcardel with 217bhp on single body.

Whats Yozzasport running at the minute I assume they have the most powerful?

All levels of tune is needed though it should show a pattern of what you would expect from a given set of mods and who has a reading that is too high;)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

My reading is well off tbh, other standard cars there over reading that day were:

BMW 330 coupe, stock is 231, it got 247.
Octavia VRs, stock is 180, it just 201.
2.0 STi with ppp got 32something when should be 305ish.
BMW M5 V8 got 400, but it had been modded so should have been more.

There were others but I forget.

Carl's (lucky) was 222bhp to start with and at FCS he was telling me he had it rolling roaded again at 218bhp but I remember him saying his engine was using a lot of oil. Not sure how its running now. Don't really see him on anymore.

There is a thread on this where everyone gave their power-outputs and mods with pics of their cars etc...

Spreadsheet so far. I will try and get some more results off the forum. If I can get enough I will see if it can be made a sticky.

RRResults.jpg

clio 200 F4Rt

good work, would it be worth dating them? so as and when people add mods we can keep track of what gains or losses they got with whichever new mods?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

177.5 bhp and 148 lb/ft. Custom Cat' back exhaust, Pipercross panel filter, sealed inlet elbow with re-routed breather, Acoustic valve removed with 77mm air feed, RS Tuning remap. Janspeed 200 cell Cat' fitted since.

cup 182 mit stripes

Get the inlet done and that could go up to 187.5bhp.

Whats a 1.2 Trophy?

R35 GTR

172, GDI, hillpower, 179, ????, Ktec catback+Viper IK+hillpower elbow+SMT6, YES:approve:

Cams and inlets probably in the summer if car is still around.

Seat Leon Cupra 290

172 cup, (no longer own) GDI, 199, cant remember, Weber Throttle bodies, GDI fast road cams, ktec sports cat, didnt have larger injectors

very happy with all of it, no problems at all, wasnt really a finished project i sort of gave up and sold it

Last edited:

Mk2 Ph1 172, GDI powered, RR'd @ Ric Woods, 203.8bhp @ the wheels & 163.6lbs/ft torque @ the wheels, or, 240.4bhp & 193lbs/ft torque. Need to scan the graph in at some point, plenty of people have seen it though lol.

Hmm, looking at the league table there seems to be a pattern emerging... funny that ALL the quickest Clio's seem to be coming from the same place ;)

106 GTi

I was about to post something like this :)

Mine was put on the rollers at powerstation and it got 183bhp lol. That's a mk1 172 with cat back exhast, ok then...

But I worked out they were over reading by approx 7% that day (lots of other standard cars over reading quite a bit).

Here's a pic of the graph, guessing an RS tuning remap and manifold would aid things?

Mk1 172, none, powerstation, 183bhp, 203nm, powerflow cat back, only bought it as standard exhaust died

Don't somehow beleive that, but just welcome any comments on the shape of the graph :)

Intresting you say that as I had my bog standard 182 run there a few weeks ago and it made over book at 185 bhp

A few people commented that it over reads but other cars where bang on the book figures. The thing that is odd is how low the @ the wheels figures are.

182rr.jpg

Is that the place with the dynomometer thats on amphetamines?

lol, dunno and couldn't really care less tbh, that's what it got :rasp:

it's the same guy that setup and mapped the UK's fastest Clio, the one Matt Black built, so ask him about Ric as he's better placed to say.

oh, as regards above graph 125.3bhp @ the wheels is pretty low, I make that out to be 147.8bhp @ the fly... which cant possibly be correct... :S