ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

Arrived at the garage today to find quite a surprise awaiting me.
Somebody has taken the idea a stage further, and bolted a Subaru front wing onto the Clio, and tie-wrapped a Hawkeye headlamp in place. Must admit, it looks quite good.
If I hadn't already ordered my V6 bodykit, I might have considered it!
What do you think?

edit_preview.php

Very pleased with the way it went, should fit into the rear of the Clio shell nicely. Strut top will be braced to the side of the bodyshell, have a strut brace fitted, and probably linked in to the roll cage too. Depends how heavy it will make it!

edit_preview.php

Very pleased with the way it went, should fit into the rear of the Clio shell nicely. Strut top will be braced to the side of the bodyshell, have a strut brace fitted, and probably linked in to the roll cage too. Depends how heavy it will make it!

edit_preview.php

Next week's instalment should see the Scooby floorpan chopped, and some decisions about the front bulkhead and strut tops made.

Sorry about the rubbish editing above. Doh!!!

Last edited:
OK, time for this weeks update. Sorry for the shortage of photos, but most of the progress this week has been stripping out the interior of the Clio, and I'm sure you have all seen or done this many times.
During the short periods of dry weather, I have been outside working with the angle grinder. Lots of thought has gone into exactly how to chop up the Impreza floorpan, to make sure it marrys up to the Clio bodyshell.
As you can see from the photo below (sorry the quality is not too good!) the rear end has been separated from the front just in front of the rear seat, as I decided this would be the best place to reduce the length to fit the Clio wheelbase. The rear turrets have been cut back, and are ready to graft into the rear arch area of the Clio. The rear boot floor has been cut out inboard of the rear chassis rails, and will have a flat infill panel welded in. The rear chassis members have been left full length at the moment, but will be cut to length to suit the Clio boot.

At the front, I have cut out the A pillars, mainly to establish where the inner box sections are. Looks like the Scooby inner wings and top chassis rails will graft into the Clio A pillars quite easily.
I have left the bottom edge of the windscreen on the Impreza at the moment, and will do some careful measuring to decide exactly where to cut. Again, looks like a fairly easy area to graft together, will probably be leaving the bottom of the Clio screen intact, and fabricating a panel down from it to mate to the Scooby scuttle and front bulkhead.

Next week I hope to make a start on chopping the Clio shell to match up to the new floorpan.

cliofloorpan.jpg

Progress is likely to be a little slow between Xmas and mid January, as we are off to the Autosport show with the V-Storms, so have quite a bit of fettling to do to make sure they are ready. They are being featured in the Live Arena Show, plus we will have one on the SDR stand, in the British Handbuilt Sportscars Pavilion. If you are visiting the show, pop along and say hello.

Merry Christmas to all my readers, and a Happy New Year.

Neil

If all goes well Werrington is pencilled in as the first event.
No pictures at the moment, but the only thing I have done since my last report is to take an angle grinder and air hacksaw to the passenger door. Removed all the un-neccessary bits, and lots of surplus metal, including the door skin, ready to fit the grp door skin. Lost LOTS of weight! Also got the polcarb windows on order from Plastics4Performance. Going with the thermo formed ones, so should look good.
Finally decided on colour, going to be shiny BLACK. Maybe the same as the stealth V-Storm, Subaru Mica Black, which has a lovely red pearl in it. Mmmmm!