ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rooby Clio 172

Sorry about the video, will have to get it across onto my phone and try again.
Anyway, there's been a lot going on in the interior, the passenger seat mounting has been finalised. As the seat will only be in for track day passenger rides and the odd bit of road use, and will be removed for competing to save weight, I decided on a quick release system. It's nice and secure, but is held in with two R clips, and one nut, and can be removed in 10 seconds.

The front splitter has been fixed to the front frame assembly, and again is on a quick release mechanism, for easy access. Photos to follow.

I've now started on the final fit of the body panels, most of which will be bonded on to the car.
The picture shows the near side rear quarter, where the V6 side scoop will duct air in to the rear mounted radiator. I've used fire retardant expanding foam to fill the inner panel and the sill, so that it can be sculpted to form the inner part of the air duct. Looks good enough to eat!

20130430155553.jpg

Hi Callum, yeah, steady progress now. Clutch on it's way now I can afford it :dead:!!!! Also uprated oil pump from RCM, so some photos of nice shiny engine when that little job is done. Been finishing the panel fitting, plus blending in the side air scoops, so really close to paint now. I have also got a new brake pipe flaring tool, plus all the braided hoses, so pipework next.

Awesome, can't wait! Was reading through this again the other day and the strawberry ice cream gave me a great idea for using mint ice cream on my build lol

I know I said I would have some more body pics this weekend, but they are much the same as before, just with better panel gaps, so here are some of the engine work this week.
Some nice new expensive shiny bits arrived from Roger Clark motorsport, Exedy paddle clutch, sump baffle plate and uprated oil pump.

20130607094939.jpg

Sorry, blurry image!

Sump baffle fitting.....

20130522140827.jpg

In place....

20130522141434.jpg

New oil and water pumps fitted......

20130607101447.jpg

Top end check over, all ok here, except for the leaky covers.....

20130607102935.jpg

Main dealer fitted cam cover gaskets. Enough silicon to open a boob implant factory. Not surprised they leaked!

20130607103023.jpg

Engine re-assembled and painted shiny black.

20130607154121.jpg

Also while the engine was in bits, we found it was possible to re-engineer the water cross-over pipe and fit it reversed. This means the top radiator hose has been repositioned at the rear of the engine, simplifying the water pipe routing to the rear mounted radiator.

20130607100601.jpg

Just the inlet manifold to paint and assemble, and the engine is finished.

Next job is to finish the radiator inlet ducts, and make what would be the engine cover on a V6, to isolate the radiator, fuel tank, battery etc. from the passenger compartment. More photos soon.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Would rather a slow and steady progress than a quick project which will never get finished!

Engine's looking great, going to be a proper surprise lifting a Clio bonnet to see that!

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Would rather a slow and steady progress than a quick project which will never get finished!

Engine's looking great, going to be a proper surprise lifting a Clio bonnet to see that!

Oh I'd agree totally, just leaves you wanting more constantly haha! Will be truly epic when it's done!

Finally got round to prepping the door for painting. Lightened door carcass.....

edit_preview.php

V6 door skin ready to bond on.....

edit_preview.php

Skin bonded on, drying.

gl0n.jpg

Meanwhile, elsewhere, the foam cores for the radiator ducts get their first coat of filler.....

vbey.jpg

​Very pleased with the ducts, I think they will work well.

Welded up a chassis trolley today,
ve6g.jpg

Shell lifted on ramp to remove suspension,

0br2.jpg

Suspension removed,

mv8t.jpg

And lowered onto trolley, ready for paint!

tq73.jpg

​Lots of other bits being made pretty, more pictures to follow......