ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

routine for my nimbus 197.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Well since i have just bought my nimbus silver 197, i thought it would be a good idea to give it a real good going over whislt it isn't to dirty and get it ready for the mucky months to come.

Having read a few threads it seems a good winter wax would be Collinite No. 476S.

Can i use Collinite No. 476S on the wheels aswell to keep them sealed up? or would you recommend something else?

What would be a good polish to keep the silver looknig sharp? Autoglym Super resin maybe? any other recommendations?

I was going to do this:

wash

clay

polish - AG SRP

wax - Collinite No. 476S

anything else you would recommend to keep the car looking nice?

cheers everyone, looking to put an order in soon! :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
wheel guard on alloys and a big brown bag to go over the whole car so noone sees you (only messing) i wuldnt see need for claying if its new run fingers on paintwork, i just used collinites today it isnt sunny so i cant say what shine is like i am just going on reputation for winter protection

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
u need a sealant dont polish everytime u wash, do a search for sealant varying opinions on it

the method is good i would say seb, but i would add 2 coats of auto glym extra gloss after the super resin, the extra gloss is a sealent, you need to polish with the sr or else the sealent will have nothing to bond to.

i would leave an hour between the coats of the sealent as a minimum.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so some AG extra gloss is it? coolio, i'll see if i can find some. :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
00002764.jpg

this?^^^

thinner layers are much easier to remove and it then allows you to layer the product with ease which enables you to put on an overall thicker layered coat which will be far more durable over the winter months. spotted your post on dw too ;)

wheel guard on alloys and a big brown bag to go over the whole car so noone sees you (only messing) i wuldnt see need for claying if its new run fingers on paintwork, i just used collinites today it isnt sunny so i cant say what shine is like i am just going on reputation for winter protection

Sorry I disagree on the not needing clay bar, I have seen many brand new cars that have needed claying, far more than didn't. All cars spend a while locked up in outside storage and so get covered in contaminents.

Other than this, your products and process are good, yes there are things you can add or change but basically its sound. Hopefully you'll be using 2 buckets and not a sponge ;)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cool guys i will give it a claying also and i'll sort a 2 bucket method ;)

better treat myself to some new clay as it is a new car.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
thats y i said check the car first b4 clay,no need to clay if its as smooth as booby charltons head is there lol

106 GTi
Plastic bag test - put you hand in a clean sandwich plastic bag and rub it across washed paint you will soon feel if it needs doing. My 182 only needed spot claying when delivered.

Worth adding in a sealant step as advised, would not bother with the EGP though grab some Jeffs Werkstatt Acyrlic Jett, the results of EGP in lots less time and effort - it is as easy to apply and remove as a quick detail spray and looks fantastic.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Hi Seb,

I would reccomend:

Wash
Clay
Polish - Klasse All In One
Wax - Collinite #476s

Then use the Sonus Carnauba Detailer for just giving that extra sprakle between washes.

Cheers Tim

as rich said that is a much better option, was going to suggest it but could not remmember the product name, have orderd some myself actually as the extra gloss has a very long cure time, which the jeffs does not.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
pro wipe by chem guys is good i used that yesterday very nice shine,

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Hi Seb,

I would reccomend:

Wash
Clay
Polish - Klasse All In One
Wax - Collinite #476s

Then use the Sonus Carnauba Detailer for just giving that extra sprakle between washes.

Cheers Tim

ah wish i had seen my thread beofre i ordered now! eek! i'll wait for next time

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Hi Seb, It's not a necessary step, but is such a good cleaner and adds some protection I usually reccomend it just to prep the paint.