ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rover Shed...

If it was sat right the way open surely it'd take a while to hit 0psi from vacuum? It shoots straight up to 0psi pretty much as soon as you step on the loud pedal. You're still on the standard 200sx turbo arnt you? As thats what im using at the moment, it should hit boost at 2700ish iirc?

Considering I havnt burnt this thing to the ground yet, I think I deserve a f**king medal :/

Not so sure, I'm on 1.2 bar on the T28 so it's a bit laggier. Spools up from fairly low down though.

The wastegate is so small that I reckon it could jump straight out of vacuum. The merest of throttle prods will make .3 or more boost straight out of vacuum according to my Profec B. Worth checking the linkage hasn't seized if the boost controller is fine anyway.

2.2 bar shed.

Demolished an inner CV which means its pretty much all in bits again. Had to fit the exhaust as well which required the removal of the whole front end to fit the new downpipe. Massively pissed off with that.

Getting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
  2.2 bar shed.
Sat at my mates house waiting for me to bulldoze some more money into it. Needs new driveshafts as I snapped one.

2.2 bar shed.
Fitted some new shafts today, it moves again now. Just needs the brakes sorting, a window and some suspension bits and it'll be good to drive.

2.2 bar shed.
Including stopping repeatedly to do something totally unrelated for no reason whatsoever?

Steering track rod ends -20Brake bleeding
Suspension top mounts - gaz
Hub nuts
Banjo bolts for brakes inc copper washers. -15
Acquire and fit brake servo pipe -30

Exhaust manifold gasket - 20
Refit Radiator
Refit Fan cables
Refit Intercooler
Exhaust cat flange welding - ?

Handbrake cables

Windscreen
Spigot rings - 20?
Doorcards
Side skirt - tiger seal - 8
Diffuser
Drivers side window mech - 20

Oil dipstick and tube - ?

Rewrote this list 3 times whilst trying to dodge getting under the car. Should be everything to do tbh.

2.2 bar shed.
Been working on this for the past couple of days, will update with some pictures later. Only thing thats really stopping me from driving it atm is the fact I cant get hold of some Banjo bolts. Grrrr.

Steering track rod ends -20Brake bleeding
Suspension top mounts - gaz
Hub nuts
Banjo bolts for brakes inc copper washers. -15
Acquire and fit brake servo pipe -30

Exhaust cat flange welding - ?
Fix petrol leak off fuel rail

Windscreen
Spigot rings - 20?
Doorcards
Side skirt - tiger seal - 8
Diffuser
Drivers side window mech - 20

Sort interior out so it looks like a car.
Sort tailgate wiring loom.
Sort popper for tailgate.

2.2 bar shed.
544582_10151452344815405_509225404_23515883_1929117531_n.jpg

Algae is growing on it. Its a good look iirc. Need to sort the arches out as well, need to crack the moulds I've got and make some real ones.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
My S13 has wildlife growing on it too :( Atleast you've got the cash/skills to keep doing bits on it ;)

2.2 bar shed.
Cheers guys, makes a change people saying reasonable stuff about it rather the classic; "it's a rover, the head gasket will go and it's s**t."

Flol you not finished this yet ;)

Sounds pretty awesome

Mate the jokes have been running for years :(

53 Clio's & counting
Will be good to see it done mate, just imagine it's like Guinness, it takes time to make perfection ;)

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

on this video and the previous one.. do you have no throttle+clutch control or do you rev the car when doing maneuvers as it makes you look "cool" :p

2.2 bar shed.
No map sensor, vacuum leaks and a hideous paddle clutch. End of the video it stalls, so go figure.

2.2 bar shed.
Picked up almost all the missing bits. Might have it working over summer. 99% sure I've said that before.

2.2 bar shed.
Finally fitted the front suspension properly this weekend, was fairly easy tbh. Everything comes apart nicely without having to fight now as its all been taken apart and lubed up/not seized which makes working on it quite enjoyable tbh. The exhaust manifold gasket I purchased is aleady blowing, knew it was s**t when I fitted it but wasnt expecting it to be that s**t. Lesson learnt, get a proper one with metal fire rings if you want it to last.

oP8ly.jpg

Pretty dusty tbh, gave it a wash but everything stuck to it as soon as I went for a drive round the yard.

Tried to set the boost up and off what was actuator pressure of 6psi, twisted the damn controller both ways and seemingly it did nothing. Now at a steamy 7.5psi. About 10 short of my temporary target. Need an AVCR tbh, as 17psi in 1st/2nd is utterly pointless even with a Quaife. I'll put a proper driving video up at some point soon...

Megane r26
A mate of mine has just broke his 25 turbo, I love um an yours is also a cracking looking car. His was running just over 400 bhp, proper labour of love he had had it best part of ten years. Keep up the good work.