ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS 182 Remap Curiosity? Plus 15BHP

RS 182
I posted a thread of a company offering an ecu remap on an RS 182 claiming to add 15 BHP. Most of you said it was a load a bull, never gain that, waste of time etc....

So I just then have recently been looking at different remap companies and they all say the same. With there ecu remapping it can add approx 15 bhp.

Check this ebay listing out to....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...CarParts_SM&hash=item4838ec6641#ht_5344wt_807

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever had one of these remaps and can actually know from experience that it is a pile of crap and 15 BHP increase is unachievable?

Theres loads of ecu remappers all offering the same thing at different prices so are they all talking crap?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Probably more like 25bhp....

MY GOD! :D

For a fair priced decent generic map buy an RS Tuner, tried and tested.

It's because they all buy in generic remaps from the same place! If you want a map go to tour de force and get it done properly!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
I posted a thread of a company offering an ecu remap on an RS 182 claiming to add 15 BHP. Most of you said it was a load a bull, never gain that, waste of time etc....

So I just then have recently been looking at different remap companies and they all say the same. With there ecu remapping it can add approx 15 bhp.

Check this ebay listing out to....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...CarParts_SM&hash=item4838ec6641#ht_5344wt_807

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever had one of these remaps and can actually know from experience that it is a pile of crap and 15 BHP increase is unachievable?

Theres loads of ecu remappers all offering the same thing at different prices so are they all talking crap?

yes, yes they are

Clio 182
i recon most ebay maps would see atleast a 200% power gain... after all... its ebay?! ;) I think i remember seeing the thread to which this refers, and the general response was take it somewhere decent or dont bother doing it at all. Below standard maps can really upset things for engines.

Stripped yozza'd cup
If you really want to put it to the test mate, go and get your car put on a rolling road (not at the 'Remap' place, somewhere independant) than go and get the remap done and get it RR'd again.... If you get a 15hp gain, I will pay for the map.