ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rubbage

Ive recently put some 17s on my Dynamique and when Im on my own in the car it doesnt rub 2 much when it goes over dips in the road, when Ive other people in it however, it does.

Has n e 1 else had this prob? I was thinking of changing the suspension on it 2 make it stiffer but Im not sure whether this will help the problem.

N e 1 got n e advice?

Lionel Richie

Is it lowered????? Sounds like youve got the wrong offset there mate!!!

Mine "was" lowered 60mm on 17s and it didnt rub with a full car

Nah its not lowered, I woulda thought though that they woulda made sure when they gave me the tyres they were the right offset, didnt think Id have 2 remind them 2 make sure they would b the right 1s.

Ive only had them about a week, u reckon the shop will change them 4 me?

Renault Laguna Sports

As others have said with the correct offset you can get away with a 60 mm drop and still carry a full car load. Not sure of the offset, think its et 36, tyres should be 205/40x17.

Lionel Richie

The offset is stamped on the back of the wheel somewhere, usually either in the centre of the wheel or on the rim

What make/model are the wheels???? Are they 7inches wide or 7.5????? if theyre 7.5 then thatll explain the problem!!!! 7.5 is TOO wide!!!!!

I took a wheel off 2day and they r 7x17, offset is 40, gave the bloke a ring where I got them from and he said that they should still b ok.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Vauxg on 15 October 2003

I took a wheel off 2day and they r 7x17, offset is 40, gave the bloke a ring where I got them from and he said that they should still b ok.
Should be ok with et40!!!!! wheres it catching???? FRONT or REAR??? BOTH sides????

mines lowered 60mm on 17s and havent had a prob with 4 pplz in the car!

sounds like wrong offset!

I had probs fitting mine to start off with as the alloys were hitting the calipers so i thought i had the wrong ones! but the silly idiots at the company forgot to give me spiggot rings!!

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 16 October 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Vauxg on 15 October 2003

Should be ok with et40!!!!! wheres it catching???? FRONT or REAR??? BOTH sides????

From what I can tell it is mainly on the back, havent looked properly at the front though,hopefully all will get sorted on Sat, fingers crossed.