ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUK recall letter received today?

I phoned my local dealer about my bonnet catch and the bloke said my car is too old and not eligible for the recall:(

Clio sport 182
as far as i can work out Renault are still having problems with the catches failing so as a final fix/wash of there hands they are re-calling over 5k cars which have either missed the 1st recall or eligiable for a 2nd recall, Renault dealers are replacing the catches and affix-ing another yellow sticker under the bonnet underlying that regular maintenance/lubrication of the catch is essential for it to work correctly

RB182
Mine had the recall on it when I got it 5 years ago. I changed it myself when I worked at renault. Its never had any grease etc on it and its 100% clean and no rust.
Oh and it works fine :approve:

Black mk3 clio
When my girlfriend called up earlier, the kept asking about where she had heard about the recall and then when they did a number plate check on it said that its nots registered as a Renault... I assure you it is a clio lol. Going to take it in tomorrow and get this sorted!

They should check it if you ever take it in for a service etc. The catch is only an issue if its sticky or not lubed up enough and the spring doesnt close properly when you close the bonnet.

When I got my Clio the first thing I did was take the bonnect catch off and clean it and lube it. If you think it needs replacing take it to Renault to have a look, they shouldn't charge you anything for that

iceberg phase 2 172
emailed my local dealer today (griffin mill) an they daid there is no 2nd recall, they said there was a recall in 2008 but not another 1

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
emailed my local dealer today (griffin mill) an they daid there is no 2nd recall, they said there was a recall in 2008 but not another 1

That's because it's not a recall. It's a letter saying get it checked, not a letter saying bring it to the dealer to be fixed.

Clio 200 Silverstone
My bonnet catch is a stubborn b*****d to open! pull the release latch in the footwel it goes ping but wont jump up, I have to boot the front of it and slap the top of it then lift it up just to get the pull bit to lift the bonnet. I think mine will be safe :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Mines booked in tommorow for it, also get a free healthcheck as well :)

What does the healthcheck involve?

Mines a 51 plate btw

Got this off the site:
Complimentary Vehicle Health CheckThe best way to ensure that your vehicle operates smoothly and at peak performance is to ensure that key maintenance items are inspected and changed according to your manufacturers service schedule. In between these services it’s also important to carry out regular checks to ensure that wear and tear items are maintained and your vehicle stays in top condition. To help you ensure that key areas of your vehicle are performing as they should be our Westover Trained Technicians are on hand to perform a Complimentary Vehicle Health Check. Our Health Check covers a number of important items including:​
  • Oil
  • Coolant
  • Tyres
  • Brakes
  • Lights
  • Battery Condition
They’ll give each area a rating of red, amber or green, indicating any actions and how urgent they are. So along with a complete summary of your car’s condition, you’ll get the added reassurance of dealing with the experts.​

RB Clio 182
My gf received her letter the other day for the bonnet catch and hers is a T plate.

CAM00591_zps20347bdc.jpg

£95 if it needs replacing?! Great recall lol, pay for it yourself even tho its a sh!te design!

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
"at your request the dealer can show you how to open and close the bonnet"
....... seriously?

clio sold :(
In the waiting room at Renault the bird next to me has just had her bonnet catch changed now I just wait..
Oh and free 25 point safety check lets see what they find

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
In the waiting room at Renault the bird next to me has just had her bonnet catch changed now I just wait..
Oh and free 25 point safety check lets see what they find

The letter didn't mention a 25 point safety check, was it a dealership specific offer?

I dont no? I just booked in turned up and she asked if im waiting or going because the job and 25 point check can take a while I said I will wait and she offered a cup of tea all thats happened so far
Looking at the dacia duster atm it aint that bad!

Is this applicible to anyone with a Mk2 clio? My ph1 mk2's catch looks to be be mostly mud - i dont think it was ever originally changed, but i don;t know how renault would know I have the car unless they went through DVA? If I turn up at my local dealership, just down the road from me would they do it or turn me away since i'm not an owner from new?
I there there's a member here who works in Renault Newtownards, northern Ireland. Anyone know?

One new latch
20130214_153328.gif

There check also brought up a few issues.
Both drive shaft gaiters are split!? + rear disk & pads Binding? These are only a couple of months old!!
They will be happy to do the work required.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
One new latch

There check also brought up a few issues.
Both drive shaft gaiters are split!? + rear disk & pads Binding? These are only a couple of months old!!
They will be happy to do the work required.

Yea, i bet they'll be happy to do the work, and charge parts and labour, obviously

I hadn't had the letter but rang them up regardless yesterday. Took the car in on my lunch today, new to catch on. They also did a checkup and tried to sell me and fit a rear windscreen wiperblade, no taa. However no other issues at all! Washed it as well, helloooooo swirl marks! Really can't fault the service though!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Had mine changed today free of charge plus a health check . The only thing they found was the clamp for the cat to exhaust is knackered . I'd already planned on putting the decat back on tomorrow anyway with a new clamp and fitting kit . Had to laugh at the young girls comment on the service desk . " Your cars ready now , Its Brilliant " lol . Must be the new way they talk to their customers ? Maybe i should have offered to take her for a ride and showed her how to do a handbrake turn , i might have pulled ;)

Had mine changed today free of charge plus a health check . The only thing they found was the clamp for the cat to exhaust is knackered . I'd already planned on putting the decat back on tomorrow anyway with a new clamp and fitting kit . Had to laugh at the young girls comment on the service desk . " Your cars ready now , Its Brilliant " lol . Must be the new way they talk to their customers ? Maybe i should have offered to take her for a ride and showed her how to do a handbrake turn , i might have pulled my handbrake hard enough to do a small skid ;)

EFA :p

on topic though i have just received my letter, but replaced the bonnet catch myself not too long back and it is regularly maintained so I will pretty much just be going for a health check at some point

Suzuki Ignis Sport
EFA :p

on topic though i have just received my letter, but replaced the bonnet catch myself not too long back and it is regularly maintained so I will pretty much just be going for a health check at some point

Recieved one for my 03 plate 1.2 16v Dynamique. Not one for my 54 plate though!

RB Clio 182
Our lass has been today and they wanted £59 pound for the new bonnet catch, she told them that she shouldnt have to pay, they replied, you wernt sent a recall letter, you were sent out a safety message, some people received a recall letter.

They oiled it and showed her how to use it properly lol.

Then told her she needed three new tyres, a steering rack and a track rod end.

Her car passed its mot about three week ago lol. They washed it with a scourer for her tho :) Bless them.

MK3 Clio DCI 86
they replied, you wernt sent a recall letter, you were sent out a safety message, some people received a recall letter.

Wtf, hopefully I have the recall letter then. Says in bold at the bottom "...who will check your bonnet mechanisms and apply any corrective action free of charge"

RB Clio 182
My gf received her letter the other day for the bonnet catch and hers is a T plate.

CAM00591_zps20347bdc.jpg

£95 if it needs replacing?! Great recall lol, pay for it yourself even tho its a sh!te design!

Wtf, hopefully I have the recall letter then. Says in bold at the bottom "...who will check your bonnet mechanisms and apply any corrective action free of charge"

Thi is the letter she got, well a part of it lol.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
From what i can gather , there were 2 letters sent out . One was a recall letter , the other was just a free check and lube . I'd ignored my first recall letter back in 2008 . Looks like your g/f's car must have had a replacement catch at some stage according to Renaults system so they were only prepared to check , lube and offer a replacement and she would have to pay the cost .

RB Clio 182
From what i can gather , there were 2 letters sent out . One was a recall letter , the other was just a free check and lube . I'd ignored my first recall letter back in 2008 . Looks like your g/f's car must have had a replacement catch at some stage according to Renaults system so they were only prepared to check , lube and offer a replacement and she would have to pay the cost .

Its a T plate and the catch looks like its been on since then tbh, its very rusty etc.

Ill ask her to ring them tomorrow to ask them why she wasnt sent out the recall letter and to also ask them if its on their system that it already been done or not.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Our lass has been today and they wanted £59 pound for the new bonnet catch, she told them that she shouldnt have to pay, they replied, you wernt sent a recall letter, you were sent out a safety message, some people received a recall letter.

They oiled it and showed her how to use it properly lol.

Then told her she needed three new tyres, a steering rack and a track rod end.

Her car passed its mot about three week ago lol. They washed it with a scourer for her tho :) Bless them.

lol what did they say was wrong with the steering rack? you sure they it wasnt the steering arms?