ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUK recall letter received today?

RB Clio 182
lol what did they say was wrong with the steering rack? you sure they it wasnt the steering arms?

CAM00595_zpsc6945b3c.jpg

It must be the track rod end i mentioned?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Yea, you said it needed a steering rack and a track rod end, but it just needs a track rod end as above......

RB Clio 182
It was the gf that told me that lol

so i got the form out to check for myself.

she just saw the red marker next to the steering rack.

Called my local dealership in Newtownards today - see what they say about mine. Looks a bit grotty and is the pull type that looks like its made of old wire coat-hangers.
hopefully it's up for replacement and i can get that sweet safety check too. I don't think they'll have enough red-ink in their printer...

MK3 Clio DCI 86
hopefully it's up for replacement and i can get that sweet safety check too. I don't think they'll have enough red-ink in their printer...

Haha, I hope mine isnt that bad :p I hope I get the free check also, no matter what they say is f*cked they won't get any work from me, it all goes to Dan@519 :eek:

Haha, I hope mine isnt that bad :p I hope I get the free check also, no matter what they say is f*cked they won't get any work from me, it all goes to Dan@519 :eek:

Called back - no letter no replacement. He also said he couldn't check but asked if it looked badly corroded, which it does. so he said to keep an eye out over the next few days as letters are being sent in waves.

MK5 R32
Recieved a letter today, telling me to book in for a check and if required sort it free off charge. Now just to get it checked and beg them not to wash it!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
My dad got sent this letter today for my 1st clio, He bought it 5 years ago and was written off 5 years ago! How long have some of you owned the cars that have received these letters?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My dad got sent this letter today for my 1st clio, He bought it 5 years ago and was written off 5 years ago! How long have some of you owned the cars that have received these letters?
Had my 182 for 7 years from new , got my first recall letter back in 2008 which i ignored . Bit the bullet this time and had it checked out and replaced FOC .

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Had my upper bonnet catch replaced today FOC :approve:

I was 3 hours late, apparently, although I reckon they wrote the time down wrong. I was there for less than 10 minutes but I didn't get shown how to use it so I'm completely in the dark ;) plus they didn't offer to do a free check of anything else, nor did they wash it. You win some, you lose some.

My 172 was done today. I never received a letter, it was through CS that I heard about it, though they checked on the system and didn't argue. Took 25 minutes and I spent the time looking at the new Clio 4 and a used 200 they had in. Nice coffee too :)

Had my upper bonnet catch replaced today FOC :approve:

I was 3 hours late, apparently, although I reckon they wrote the time down wrong. I was there for less than 10 minutes but I didn't get shown how to use it so I'm completely in the dark ;) plus they didn't offer to do a free check of anything else, nor did they wash it. You win some, you lose some.

You're lucky.

RB Clio 182
Our lass didnt get it replaced and its rustier than someones bum hole that unfortunately has no hand nor a beday to use!

I guess its down to which dealer you use.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2tce DSX
Do the 2007 Clio campus' count as a mk2? or are they a separate model? The reason I ask is because a very close friend of mine owns one and I wonder whether to get them to get theirs checked out, can anyone advise me on this please?

Clio 1.2tce DSX
So as I understand it, as long as the catch is kept lubricated and moving freely it should never present itself as a problem and be perfectly safe? Or can they fail regardless?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
So as I understand it, as long as the catch is kept lubricated and moving freely it should never present itself as a problem and be perfectly safe? Or can they fail regardless?

Tbh , mine didn't look that bad visually . Only minimal surface rust . I've always lubricated quite regularly . When i pull the bonnet release cable now , with the new catch fitted it pops up . Before it wouldn't always pop up , i'd have to get my fingers under the bonnet and lift it slightly to access the catch on the bonnet . So i'm assuming if it wasn't releasing the bonnet as it should it might not have always be holding the bonnet down as it should therefore there was a chance that it might fly open when driving along . The new catches aren't a new design , they're the same catches as fitted when the car was new so i would imagine X amount of years from now we'll have a speight of bonnets coming open again . I don't know how Renault would stand legally if this was to happen again as they'd already taken some sort of remedial corrective action ?

Last edited:

Pretty much. Keep it clean and well lubed!
I think the people who have had bonnets fly up and hit the screen happened because the catch had failed to close properly due to being stiff etc

Clio 1.2tce DSX
Pretty much. Keep it clean and well lubed!
I think the people who have had bonnets fly up and hit the screen happened because the catch had failed to close properly due to being stiff etc

Awesome, cheers buddy

Golf mk2 gti 2.0 16.
Booked in for 4/4 with no letter, he said mine had be we been called back. So sweet, on with the other numerous problems!

MK3 Clio DCI 86
Just had my catch replaced, it's now a lot better! When the bonnet release is pulled it actually "pops" up now. Also noticed I had to drop it from a much higher height to close it :eek:

Even though I signed a bit of paper for them to replace catch/wash car and do the safety check FOC they only replaced the catch, oh well. Couldn't be bothered waiting any longer :eek:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Warranty times out at the 10 years. I phoned to check - as I can't get mine done for a couple of months.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I see your point - the 10 years relates to the age of car. Anything over 10 years and you are not covered. Anything less than 10 years old and you are. As my car is 2005 I still have 2 years 10 months left on my warranty period. I presume you have a 172, so, likely to have months/years left.

I should have explained the 10 year period starts at date of car registration - not from the letter date.