ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RUK recall letter received today?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Mine went in on weekend. They gave it a really good wash and wax and i watched them do it aswell to make sure they did it good and didnt scratch it. They then went on to clean the interior to!

But then when took into the workshop to get the catch checked out they said that the catch is bad and needs replacing but they are not willing to replace it for free and asked me to pay towards the repair. I asked how much it would cost and they said "£59.00+Vat and Labour Fees...." Me: WHAT.. Are you actually joking me with that price? I hope its gold plated and will last longer than the one on my car has". He then said "so you dont want it then.." Me: Well obviously not for that price". Got my keys and went. Well atleast i got my nice clean car out of it... which is now dirty again!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Did you ask why you were to pay for it?

I did say when i went in that: if its a faulty part that has been recalled on lots of cars that mine should be free? and he replied with if you didnt have the letter then they cant really do much than check it :S

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
I've still not had a letter and I've owned the car for nearly 2 years, there was only 1 previous owner too.

Can't take it local Renault as I refused to pay them some money last time my car went in so Ill have to find the next closest one.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Then it should be done FOC

Ill get back onto them and see what i can get out of them. They didnt do the free health check they said they would do to. Will help me as ill just sent a complaint in and see what i can get :)

182 FF & 197 F1 #164
After seeing this thread I've been waiting for my letter to arrive. Finally arrived today!

Got a letter today, even though I sold the car a month ago and have had the 'you now don't own this vehicle' from the DVLA.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
After looking at the letter I got again I realised it was the reg for my old 182 cup not the current one lol.

Mines definitely not working properly though so I'll have to clean it all up and see what I can do.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Mine had previously been replaced according to my local dealer but I took it in anyway to be checked and they replaced the catch again for no charge. Didn't even ask to see the letter either..

Passat
I saw one on the bypass near me the other week. Bonnet up against the windscreen. Naturally, I didn't stop as I was already late for tea. It must scare the crap out of the unsuspecting victim.

Peddled device
I got my letter today. I was feeling pretty happy, after sorting out my tracking and getting a wheel refurb from Snappy. Now it's got to go to the dealers :(

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Well I'm a little bit annoyed I must say. I contacted my local dealer (Watford) in February and had an email shortly after on the 22nd Feb that my Clio did not have any safety recalls.

Fast forward to today and I've received a letter via recorded post with pretty much the same contents as most people in this thread. Not happy at all!

BG182FF
Recieved a letter from them on saturday. I'd only sprayed mine with wd40 the day before so ill hang on for a couple of days

172 Cup
Got mine today. Booked in for Wednesday. Cynic in me can't help wondering what else might get 'spotted' while its in. Will be straight back on here to check the validity of anything they come back with.

172 Cup
Got mine today! Anyone have a rough idea of how long they have your car for?
My local Renault dealer reckon the car will be in for an hour. Seems like a long time for a quick lube. Guess they err on the side of caution and assume something might need replacing.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
This household has had 2 of these letters in the last week. One for a car that was recently written off and the other (arrived today) for my 172Cup that was written off in June 2009!!!

clio 182FF
Just got mine today, anyone know if a decat would be a problem if they do this safety check thing as the emissions light (Which usuall doesnt even come on) is on and of course when they check underneath it will be pretty obvious...?

renault clio 182
Still never got this said letter if I turn up and say it's a know fault and know other people who have had letter will they replace it or will I have too have said letter??

Fiesta ST3
are they just checking the catches or swapping them?
because i got a letter last week and have been thinking of ringing the local dealer to get it booked in because i never took it for the first lot of recalls so its never been changed but i always make sure its ok and lubed up but to be honest if there not going to swap it there is little point in taking it in?
so whos had theres swapped and who has had there checked and lubed??

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
You can be sure they will give you a list of things that they find "wrong" when it goes in. Mine was done a couple of years ago at the main dealers in Chester. Got it back with the lacquer decimated on the front bumper after they decided to wash it with a super high pressure jet wash. They said it had an oil leak. I've never been able to find the leak and never had any oil dripping anywhere and can't smell any oil either so it's obviously a ploy to get you to take it back to have the bogus leak "fixed".
Not the first time I've had them invent jobs when a vehicle has been in for a service.

FF RB 182
Got a friend who works for Renault he's bashing in my reg to the computer tomorrow and will check my new cars been looked out or not.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Called local dealer, got put through to bookings to set up a new account, only to find that they don't do Saturdays. Just gets better doesn't it!!!

BG Clio 182
Had mine looked at today it was fine they didn't need to do anything with it. Whilst there i got them to look at my brakes as i have had a noise from the front whilst braking, apparently one of my front pads is heavily lipped??? and is 50% worn didn't say it was anything to worry about should i be???

Got my letter last week - made me laugh as I have no slam panel or bonnet latch on the car anymore

Might take it into the local Renault dealership to be checked just for the laugh ;)