ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yea, the engine is under controll,

i now have a intrest in AWT so im confident ben will sort it out for me, along with the other long list of stuff there is to do :)

clio 200 F4Rt
as asked in the other thread ben:

are you garunteed 450hp from your engine?

or is that a guestimate?

gonna be running some serious PSI to get that! what sort of boost are you expecting to put through it?

also, wont that kinda power through the front wheels be a bit.... pointless?

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
guestimate.

TTS get 450 off a type R witha sp 94 with WI on a standard BE.

i have well... a little more than that. and its not only just peformace mods, i have also spent a large chunk of cash on replacing stock items for stronger ones.

like valves, bearings, shells, bolts

its a proper build

boost 1.5 bar plus, with methonol injection using HSV

i have a avanti box with interchangable final drives, lsd etc.

with a long final, im sure i'll be fine with some good throttle controll.. it will spin but....im sure 227hp itb cars do

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
tts also use stock fuel pump.

i have a pro alloy swirl pot, race 100psi pump, lifter pump, race filter, braied lines, FPR with guage, 740 CC injectors, billet fuel rail, etc etc

clio 200 F4Rt
are you leaving the standard pulley on the charger?

or replacing it for a smaller one, so it produces more boost?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Ben I wouldnt go any furhter than 250 bhp in 1st and 2nd cause mine wheelspins so much as it is.
Its fine in a straight line where easily controllable but trying to exit tight corners becomes a proper pain in the tits, the torque just causes understeer.

Id expect to see wheelspin through 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the dry with 450 bhp, never mind the wet

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

?

you can't just put any old pully on, as you need calculate the size needed off the crank pully and rpm

you cant spin the rotrex 94 too high as it has a heavy implailer (sp)

i have the correct size

clio 200 F4Rt
i am aware of this.

But from past experience people have put smaller pulleys on the Rotrex to increase boost.

My mate did it on his Rotrex charged Saxo VTR, and i also seem to remember that Simon 'sybez' Berry did it on his tbs s/c 106 GTi.

Was just enquiring if you were doing the same, to get the desired boost for all this power.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
i am aware of this.

But from past experience people have put smaller pulleys on the Rotrex to increase boost.

My mate did it on his Rotrex charged Saxo VTR, and i also seem to remember that Simon 'sybez' Berry did it on his tbs s/c 106 GTi.

Was just enquiring if you were doing the same, to get the desired boost for all this power.

i am over spinning by 10% at 8000rpm

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Ben I wouldnt go any furhter than 250 bhp in 1st and 2nd cause mine wheelspins so much as it is.
Its fine in a straight line where easily controllable but trying to exit tight corners becomes a proper pain in the tits, the torque just causes understeer.

Id expect to see wheelspin through 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the dry with 450 bhp, never mind the wet

i have the box and LSD though, it will be hard to controll. but efforts are being made to reduce death.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

i gathered you know about the maths as you had a saxo.

but i wasn't sure what you ment by the "standard pully"

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
Top spec.

What does BenR think the weak point will be?

gearbox, clutch on standard size and the head blowing off the BE (but he has done the math, so should be ok.. even with the 150 hp shot of N20 (when i buy it LOL))

clio 200 F4Rt

ah right, no worries!

you do realise that the warrenty is void if you over spin them?

cant remember if yours was new or used, so i depends if its relevant or not!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

ah right, no worries!

you do realise that the warrenty is void if you over spin them?

cant remember if yours was new or used, so i depends if its relevant or not!

yea, mine is new. i did some digging and people over spin by upto 20% and have no bother

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Im really interested in how the s/c will be driven.
Infact i cant really wait at all. Hurry up.

clio 200 F4Rt
What sort of track experience you got Ben?

wont this car be quite a step up from anything you have owned?

steep learning curve huh!

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
What sort of track experience you got Ben?

wont this car be quite a step up from anything you have owned?

steep learning curve huh!

not doen much tbh, BenR is showing me the know-how, i have acces to a private shell fuel track and a freind races formula ford

ben will be drivign at FCS