ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rusty 197 / First Detail of the year (56k will crash and die)

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Nice car mate, really nice and top job on the detailing.

Im afraid this rust issue isnt limited to the RS cars. My humble Mk3 1.4 is rusting too. Mines along the rear side window shoulder if you can picture where Im talking about. Its coming up from below the paint definitely as its eaten through all the layers of paint and lacquer and is leaving a small run on the surrounding paint. Im gonna try get some better pics later but its on both sides. I went to Renault and dragged the rep who sold me the car out to show him. Ive never seen anyone go so white so quickly. Told me to speak directly to the service manager on Monday morning.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning now!

I aren't impressed with the rust. Would they replace the whole boot lid or just patch/respray it?

Mito Sportiva 135
Looks good mate! Shame about the rust but Renault Customer Services are really good so should sort you out. Call them on 08000 72 33 72 on Monday - say you are a big Renault afficiando, have owned/ will own more Renaults again and they should be pretty generous. Think paint is guaranteed for 5 years or something anyway.

rs r27
beautiful cup!!!

the diamond is black or dark grey? i must pull to remove it?

_3074962.jpg

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Rusty 197!!!! OMG. Get that seen to under warrenty ASAP.

I thought Mk1's were bad for rust but MK3's?????!!! ddaaammmeeee

54 astravan 1.7tdci
i've done a few cars with rust spots from industrial fall out,but i'd have to see that to pass judgement.hope you get it sorted.
Glad you didn't do the dci badges.

beautiful cup!!!

the diamond is black or dark grey? i must pull to remove it?

Its a carbon fibre vinyl wrap. is coming off though.

To remove the diamond you have to take the cumper off. If you jsut pull you will break the clips like I did.

i've done a few cars with rust spots from industrial fall out,but i'd have to see that to pass judgement.hope you get it sorted.
Glad you didn't do the dci badges.

If I understand what you mean by industial fall out then its defniately not that due to the location of the rust.

Havent had chance to call Renault yet, will later.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Rust! Think I better go out and check mine!

Classic Renault!

Looks good though mate - lot more patience then me.

Just spoken to Renault Birmingham, earliest they have available to book me in is Friday. Not too bad, but I need a courtesy car. That changes the availability of an appointment, to APRIL!!! Renault UK will be getting a call me thinks.

Spoke to Renault UK about half 3 yesterday and was promised a call back. Have heard nothing so called them again just and been told 'Tom' will be calling me in the next 2 - 4 hours. As yet they don't even know what my complaint is!!!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looking good, if it had the black speedlines it would be perfect imo :)

Shame about the rust :(
I was wondering why I liked the stance of this cup so much as I usually like the r27 better but it's the wheels they make the car sit much better than the speedlines.
*Goes off to compare speedlines*

Car is epic btw!

Cheers Gally :)

Just spoken with Tom at Renault UK. Top bloke! Is going to speak to dealer etc and get it sorted for me.

Was a 197
guess the lesson learnt here is to dry your sills off as well with the rest of the car!!!

How old is your car 6 months?

Swift Sport
I prefered it before tbh!!

...just kidding, looks great!! :D

Can't belive you've got rust! Gonna go check mine asap!!

Tom called me back but I missed the call :( Gonna try and catch up with them again tomorrow see what he has come up with.

Totally forgot to update this. Eventually the car went back to the dealers body shop, they had a look and decided that it was from small bits of metal that had fallen into the boot skin when it was drilled to fit the spoiler. The removed rust and polished the sill, and its never come back. They were very apologetic and explained how they do use an air gun type thing to try and remove any bits form drilling the skins but that obviously a couple had been missed. Anyway, the cars all good now :)