ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RX7 v’s Wille

The Willie stuffed the "alleged" 300bhp RX7:devilish: Sorry to dial-up guys about the pics!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=cs_rx71.jpg

Well its my cousins RX7 and hes still running in the engine after a rebuild so cant go over 3,000 Rpm which gave me a small advantge ;). Due to needing to do 2000 miles we went on a Trip to Johno Groats - 421 miles later I dont want to see another RX7 for a while!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=cs_rx72.jpg

As far as the car goes its a cracker! In comparason to his Scooby its far far more fun to drive even under 3,000 rpm. The handling is beutiful and the steering very direct. Lots of feel and very solid - I quite like the looks but to drive its a dream. The only downsides were the seats didnt move far enough giving me some very sore legs, a few rattles, back seats you wouldnt get a Pygmy in them and the MPG isnt good.

Nice pics. Would you rate the RX-7 over a WRX STi? or are you just comparing it to a normal turbo?

The re-build part worries me, the rotor tips wear out dont they? Its quite costly no?

Normal Turbo, never driven a WRX STI. His was a Classic shaped W reg with 218bhp . Its hard to explane really as the Scoob is awesome but the RX seems to give loads of feel and seems better fun. Mind you I find my Willie better fun than the scoob by a long way - the scoob is too composed maybe?! I dont know its all personal isnt it.

The re-build thing is expensive - my cousin got the RX7 on import with 60k on the clock - did 147 miles and died. I think the build would have been somwhere around 2k but hes had other stuff done too.

Well I spoke to hime yesterday about this - we had covered most of our miles at around 50-60 mph and he got 23mpg - this was under 3,000 rpm the whole way. He did say what other owners were getting but I can remember!

LOL Yeah he took even more than me - it was some trek, we left Inverness at 9am or so and got back at just after 8pm:eek: I drove on bl00dy single track roads for about 100miles!