ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RyG's 172.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Picked her up Friday from Daniel - I must say, I don't miss my 200 at all.

Have ordered 4 x AD08r's, looking forward to getting rid of the nangkang/other brands.

Car is good enough for what I need, few dings and scratches, but for the money I paid I'm more than happy!

dymyruhe.jpg

gemuvyqe.jpg

nury2uda.jpg

mesareqa.jpg

gany5une.jpg

ajute3e9.jpg

apyvume9.jpg

ganu6ehu.jpg

3ytysavy.jpg

da8edeha.jpg

aqu9ynaq.jpg

It has an aftermarket exhaust on it, can't remember the make. Also has its acoustic valve unplugged, so the induction noise
Is hilarious. Lowered on Eibachs, 30mm I believe. Apart from that, I have zero plans apart from tracking it.

Oh, I picked up an engine cover today too.

urure7u3.jpg

baqe3eme.jpg

Ryan

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely little thing. Everytime I see those steering wheels I get angry! They f**king ruin everything good about those cars!!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks great Ryan.

Whats your plan, keep this for abit while your saving for your TTRS?

Keep this until towards the end if the year, then get in something new. Leaning towards a FRS now. Unsure if I'll sell this or keep it off the road for track. We'll see!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I told ya when u pulled up outside mine it looks really nice. I like it mate. Turini's really make it :approve:

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely. I was sure this had an RS2 on it when Daniel got it.

Lovely little thing. Everytime I see those steering wheels I get angry! They f**king ruin everything good about those cars!!

Really? Mine has all the thumb grips intact and I don't find it TOO big. It's the right thickness too. I'd love a Sabelt tbh but I kind of want to keep the interior OEM.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks lovely. I was sure this had an RS2 on it when Daniel got it.

Really? Mine has all the thumb grips intact and I don't find it TOO big. It's the right thickness too. I'd love a Sabelt tbh but I kind of want to keep the interior OEM.

It possibley did, I know it had recaro's which were removed.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This I didn't know - Amazing what people on here can tell from stuff like dots on a seat!

I told you that on the test drive! 50k mile 182 seats, hence they are in very good nick.

Mods wise It's got a powerflow exhaust, Eibach springs, polybushed dogbone cup splitter and the Turinis. The induction noise is because the cold air feeds have been removed from the airbox.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I told you that on the test drive! 50k mile 182 seats, hence they are in very good nick.

Mods wise It's got a powerflow exhaust, Eibach springs, polybushed dogbone and the Turinis. The induction noise is because the cold air feeds have been removed from the airbox.

Oh yeah :eek: Shows how much I take in haha.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
This I didn't know - Amazing what people on here can tell from stuff like dots on a seat!

I actually prefer the 182 seats. I think the white just breaks them up a little better. My 172 drivers seat is a mess, the alcantara top layer has all ripped so I'll be putting some in I think.

You going to be doing a paint correction on this? It's amazing how much cleaner black looks when you've got the swirls out.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The 182 seats look better IMO than the 172 ones, even though the difference is small.

A smaller steering wheel would be a great mod if your thinking of tracking it. Makes it feel a lot better.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I actually prefer the 182 seats. I think the white just breaks them up a little better. My 172 drivers seat is a mess, the alcantara top layer has all ripped so I'll be putting some in I think.

You going to be doing a paint correction on this? It's amazing how much cleaner black looks when you've got the swirls out.

If I'm honest, this car is only a cheap runabout/track car, will no doubt be sold on in 6 months or so. I doubt i'll bother polishing it :eek: Partially because I know correcting will lead to dent removal, which will lead to many other silly things I don't need.

The 182 seats look better IMO than the 172 ones, even though the difference is small.

A smaller steering wheel would be a great mod if your thinking of tracking it. Make it feel a lot better.

I must admit this has tempted me, as I dont like the standard wheel (and my thumb grips are a mess). Tempts me more as I could remove before I sell the car and get a small amount of money back. Think I'll keep an eye out for a second hand wheel.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I would too, not mad on the colour choice. But I can't justify the refurb costs really. (I say this now,I wouldn't be surprised if I do end up getting them redone though)

Sell the turinis to a fan boy, £350 on ebay without breaking a sweat. Buy some 15s and tyres. Cheaper tyres for track too!

Many.
Can't wait to have a proper look around it.

At least I know Daniel has had it, so it won't be a shed needing loads of stuff!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Can't wait to have a proper look around it.

At least I know Daniel has had it, so it won't be a shed needing loads of stuff!

It needs a cambelt next year (he probably won't have it by then) and I fitted new (generic euro car parts) discs and pads to get rid of the advisories on the MOT.

If I was in his shoes, i'd buy 4 decent matching tyres, fit uprated discs pads and fluid and just enjoy it. It's more than tidy for a 12 year old clio, but the best bit about it, it drives lovely.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It needs a cambelt next year (he probably won't have it by then) and I fitted new (generic euro car parts) discs and pads to get rid of the advisories on the MOT.

If I was in his shoes, i'd buy 4 decent matching tyres, fit uprated discs pads and fluid and just enjoy it. It's more than tidy for a 12 year old clio, but the best bit about it, it drives lovely.

That bits done, brakes I think I'll manage without, hopefully. See how Bedford evening goes, I hope to get a couple more in after that, if they dont perform I'll look into it. I wont have it come belts time fortunatley!

And can't fault how it drives, tis lovely.

Many.
Awesome.
If Ryan plans to track it, decent discs, pads and fluid will be a good shout.

Should be a good car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That bits done, brakes I think I'll manage without, hopefully. See how Bedford evening goes, I hope to get a couple more in after that, if they dont perform I'll look into it. I wont have it come belts time fortunatley!

And can't fault how it drives, tis lovely.

The last track day I did (Llandow) my ds2500's crumbled to bits after 3 laps. Literally fell out of the caliper.

We went to Halfords and bought their own brand pads for £23 and between me and my mate, the car was out all day and we didn't have fade once! I'd certainly give them a go before spending any money. Maybe just remove fog lights and arch liners to get a bit of air in there as it's a freebie.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
The last track day I did (Llandow) my ds2500's crumbled to bits after 3 laps. Literally fell out of the caliper.

We went to Halfords and bought their own brand pads for £23 and between me and my mate, the car was out all day and we didn't have fade once! I'd certainly give them a go before spending any money. Maybe just remove fog lights and arch liners to get a bit of air in there as it's a freebie.

Great minds, I was planning on doing this. May even have a go at making some proper brake ducts

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Looks good. Which tracks you planning on doing Ryan?

Bedford evening is already booked. I will (I will!!) do Brands this year definitely, wanted to drive brands for a while now :eek: Apart from that I'm not sure, will wait and see what offers come up closer to the time I think

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm keen on Brands, thought an Essex / SE day was being organised?

Get yourself along to Burpspeeds Llandow day plenty of us going. Bring AlexW aswell, I owe him a hot lap in the flamer :)

I'm also doing Oulton in August, and aiming to do Bedford, Abingdon, Anglesey, Cadwell and Snet if you're keen on any of those. :)

Many.
When is the Llandow day? I've been invited to the Castle Combe Action day this weekend, but turned it down due to being too busy really.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I'm keen on Brands, thought an Essex / SE day was being organised?

Get yourself along to Burpspeeds Llandow day plenty of us going. Bring @AlexW aswell, I owe him a hot lap in the flamer :)

I'm also doing Oulton in August, and aiming to do Bedford, Abingdon, Anglesey, Cadwell and Snet if you're keen on any of those. :)

I have been SO tempted by the Llandow day. Are you driving up on the day or staying over the night before?

When is the Llandow day? I've been invited to the Castle Combe Action day this weekend, but turned it down due to being too busy really.

Believe its August, cant tell you a date though