ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 106 XSi 16v Project..

330i. E30 Touring.
It's starting to look like a car again, which is always re-assuring.

Tyres arrived this morning, will be fitted tomorrow.

Bilsteins should be arriving in the next few days, with a few odds and boring sods. Still not decided what I'm going to do with them.

Last edited:
  Mk1 MX-5 next summer
My mates XSI run 1/4 mile in 13.9 seconds. (Best run) Not on TB's yet either.

Can be complete monsters.

330i. E30 Touring.
Blue one with black wheels on 106OC?

Animal.

I don't think I'm going to go to those sort of lengths, though. Just something quick enough and cheap, to get to work and back..

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Blue one with black wheels on 106OC?

Animal.

I don't think I'm going to go to those sort of lengths, though. Just something quick enough and cheap, to get to work and back..

Yep he put up a thread not so long ago i think.

Its so much fun, keeps up with all kinds of stuff, we get some funny looks.

He's turning it into more a track beast for summer though, instead of just drags.

330i. E30 Touring.
Delivery!

4268028589_38bf21d953_b.jpg

B8 front and rear dampers, and Eibach sportline springs.

182 Trophy
Awsome project, iv'e had 5 106's including 3 rallyes 1 of qhich was my s2 16v withbreathing mods, still love 106's and for anyone who hasnt been in a 16v 106 with breething mods all i can say is do it asap, you wont believe how much a 1.6 16v can pull. They still feel quicker than my cup and my mates s2 16v sits level and that hasnt even got an aftermarket manifold yet.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm hoping it should be pretty quick..

I'm not even sure I'm going to strip it yet, as it's my daily. The rear seats might go back in..

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
I love 106 xsi's, had a couple myself and a s1 rallye.

Looks you picked up a baragin too, from what I can see the shell looks in good nick. Nice work with the engine too.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers mate.

Yeah, there's no rust anywhere on the shell. All the boot floor is rust free (the bits where they normally go).

DMS

A thirsty 172
106's rule. Fact.
My 106 GTi just had a Simota induction kit and a Pugsports exhaust, and it still went some. It definitely felt quicker than my 172 (when the 172 was still standard) but in reality it probably wasn't.
The next step was to cam it and get a standalone ECU ready for the throttle bodies I eventually wanted to get fitted... but I wrote it off :(

The Dark Knight

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the boot floor is quite prone to rust and inner arches.

I've been contemplating myself about selling the 182 and getting another s1 106 xsi or rallye. I'm keeping my 182 till May then get it mot'd and taxed then it may be up for sale.

Will you be going for some s2 rallye steel wheels? Those xsi alloys are quite heavy.

330i. E30 Touring.
I quite like the standard (pretty sleeper-ish) look, but will at some point get a set of rallye steels. Just want them at the right price! Condition really doesn't bother me, because I can probably get them powdercoated at work.
I love the way it'll look like a POS 106, but go quite well, but I think I'm going to stop short of new management, remapping & bodies, because I don't need anything that quick or pricey!

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Looking good mate, seems more & more of these little rockets will be flying around the Staines massive surroundings ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Spent an hour or two sorting out a few little bits, earlier. Rear wiper motor and arm's gone. Rubber bung put in to plug the gap.

I've also found someone to lend me a standard exhaust, so it's almost ready for the MOT, which I've no doubt it'll fail!

Just waiting on my new throttle cable being delivered, then I need to make sure I've got a driveshaft that'll fit right. Then, it'll be on the road!

I'm not sure whether to put the back seats back in, tbh..

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I have to say its getting out of hand. Thank god my super duper ninja driving skills are present and correct to help me fight off this plague that will no doubt attack us Clio hero's at Llandow.;)

And thank god i have a diesel 106 that is crying out for a GTi lump to be shoehorned into it...hehe

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
LOL! Get used to the view of the bumper of Saxo's and 106's.

In the distance.

;)

You are right there, Its the only thing left when they go flying off the road into a field..... Just a bumper in the distance hey.... ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
good effort one day i will return to the 106 in the form of a s1 16v rallye my s2 was without a doubt the most fun ive had in a car and that was 120brake 8v

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, I think I've spoken to you on various forums about a few different bits.

I f**king love your old one!

330i. E30 Touring.
Delivery!

Fronts are B6's. Rears, B8's. A bargain, too. Also means I can run at standard ride-height

4303519742_da61c9484d_b.jpg

Let's hope these ones actually make it onto the car!

Artic 182
The rears are the same on B6/B8 setups ;)

I ran B8's, they are a good road setup but i killed mine on track. If its an all out track car you need something more butch to put up with the strain. PSF ftw

Last edited:
  330i. E30 Touring.
It's going to be my daily drive, with a possible couple of track outings a year, so nothing too mega is needed!

Slimline fan delivered this morning. It's going to be front mounted, like the one above!

:cool:

330i. E30 Touring.
Saturday I:

Fitted both drivehshafts, struts, brakes wheels.

Fitted the fan, but it still needs wiring in.

Extended the top coolant hose, but I still need to top up the coolant.

Fitted the exhaust just to get an idea how it sounds. It's awesome! Quiet whilst on idle, but really raspy when giving it a few revs!

Going to fit the bumper and do the other bits this weekend, then it's ready for the MOT. ( :

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Going well then . When do you think it will all be finished ?

Saturday I:

Fitted both drivehshafts, struts, brakes wheels.

Fitted the fan, but it still needs wiring in.

Extended the top coolant hose, but I still need to top up the coolant.

Fitted the exhaust just to get an idea how it sounds. It's awesome! Quiet whilst on idle, but really raspy when giving it a few revs!

Going to fit the bumper and do the other bits this weekend, then it's ready for the MOT. ( :

330i. E30 Touring.
Well, hopefully get it on it's wheels, and ready for MOT one night this week. I've got to it a standard exhaust, first though!

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, I've got a Pugsport 2" decatted full system, so need the standard one to pass the MOT.

It'll go straight back on after the MOT! :cool:

Williams 2 & 200
Looks good mate, make me miss my Rallye. Really good cars to work on the 106 and plenty of spares, if you ever need some wheels i have some white powder coated XSI rims i need to get rid of.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, it's mad how cheap everything is for 106/Saxos. Plus, most of the people on the forum aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, so there's always bargains to be had!

List to do tonight:

Jubilee top coolant pipe.
Fill up coolant.
Lower onto wheels.
Do up driveshaft nuts.
Wire up fan.
Bumper on.
Headlights in.
Fill up gearbox oil.

Then, it'll be ready to fit a standard exhaust, and it's MOT time!​

Let's hope it doesn't fail spectacularly! :cool:

Last edited: