ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 106 XSi 16v Project..

330i. E30 Touring.
Very close.

I think the 172 had slightly more pull, but until I get alongside one, I really wouldn't know! I've not really had any plays with anything of similar performance, yet..

To drive though, I have to say I prefer the 106. Despite the pedals being (almost) in the passenger footwell, the driving position is better, and the pedals are perfect for heel and toe!

Also, the steering feel is sublime. I could run over a mouse and I'd know what he'd eaten for breakfast through the steering wheel!

;)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
That sounds like a test then :) What part of Chertsey are you in lol

Very close.

I think the 172 had slightly more pull, but until I get alongside one, I really wouldn't know! I've not really had any plays with anything of similar performance, yet..

To drive though, I have to say I prefer the 106. Despite the pedals being (almost) in the passenger footwell, the driving position is better, and the pedals are perfect for heel and toe!

Also, the steering feel is sublime. I could run over a mouse and I'd know what he'd eaten for breakfast through the steering wheel!

;)

330i. E30 Touring.
The only thing letting the car down at the minute are the brakes.

So,

img00142201002182331.jpg

img00143201002182331.jpg

img00144201002182331.jpg

266mm 206 GTi brake calipers, painted in black, just been refurbed.

Come with brand new Mintex OE spec pads, for a bargainous price.

Braided lines and discs needed (for the minute, until I find some DS2500's for decent money!).

Also, a quick email to Faulkner has got me chasnig down some uprated (but standard ride height, obviously) springs. About £110, though.

:cool:

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Do the fit on ok ? When i had my 106 gti was going to do this but thought you had to skim the calipers to fit them ???

The only thing letting the car down at the minute are the brakes.

So,

img00142201002182331.jpg

img00143201002182331.jpg

img00144201002182331.jpg

266mm 206 GTi brake calipers, painted in black, just been refurbed.

Come with brand new Mintex OE spec pads, for a bargainous price.

Braided lines and discs needed (for the minute, until I find some DS2500's for decent money!).

Also, a quick email to Faulkner has got me chasnig down some uprated (but standard ride height, obviously) springs. About £110, though.

:cool:

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, these fit under the 14's with no worries at all. No grinding required!

Robbos-

If he's got 14" wheels, he'll need 266mm calipers and discs (from 206GTi, berlingo van, 306 XSi or similar).

If he's on 15" wheels, 306 GTi-6 calipers and discs will go. 283mm, and almost identical to 1*2 brakes! Most people (well, the clever ones) will use 1*2 pads with 306 calipers, as the pads are bigger!

106 forums have plenty of threads with all the info..

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Larvely.... he's got some 16" team dynamics or maybe 15's I can't remember, lol.

Cheers for the info, I'll get him to go with the 306gti ones if they are readily avaliable??

Stopping power greatly improved? Had an good tussle's yet? Have to take me out in it next random meet down your way!

330i. E30 Touring.
If he goes up from GTi brakes to 306, it'll stop on a sixpence! Look in Sir_Dave's VTS thread for the difference in size! Massive!

I've had a couple of little plays, yeah.

Shocked a MK5 GTi when he came flying up behind me the other day. I don't think he was expecting something so s**tty looking to put up a fight!

Also, a certain 172 cup. Although, I have to be honest, he did start to pull on me after a bit of pace was built.. I'm blaming a full interior, toolkit and spare battery! ;)

And a 206 GTi tried it on yesterday. I need not report on that. :boring:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers wise chaps, I wish I had one of these tbh, between you two there's not much you don't know! lol! Oh well... will have to stick with my ph1... what a shame ;)

Where did you source the gti 6 calipers etc from?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Also, a certain 172 cup. Although, I have to be honest, he did start to pull on me after a bit of pace was built.. I'm blaming a full interior, toolkit and spare battery! ;)

Would that be me, in the wet, on three quart throttle with a bucket load of understeer on the left hander up the M25 slip at Staines per chance?

Yeah i'd say you had more than a little extra ballast to worry about...;)

Give it its due...its a quick little flea though.

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers wise chaps, I wish I had one of these tbh, between you two there's not much you don't know! lol! Oh well... will have to stick with my ph1... what a shame ;)

Where did you source the gti 6 calipers etc from?

Loads of the forums have 'em, quite often. www.306gti6.com, 106OC, Sax-p. Some bargains to be had!

Would that be me, in the wet, on three quart throttle with a bucket load of understeer on the left hander up the M25 slip at Staines per chance?

Yeah i'd say you had more than a little extra ballast to worry about...;)

Give it its due...its a quick little flea though.

As it happens, it would!

Next time, we'll make sure the conditions don't give you an excuse, yeah? ;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Oh don't you worry wee man.....I'll make sure i give it my full and undivded beans next time.:D

You'll be best off leaving the ballast in the car.....it'll give you an excuse.;)

330i. E30 Touring.
Nothing much in the way of updates as of yet, as I've spent most of my car time on Dave's Saxo, lol.

Hopefully, this weekend, I should be able to get the pc out and give it a quick once over..

Also still need to find some discs and get the bigger brakes fitted!

Snotter's
ahhh reminds me of my old vts, i had a set of alcon 4 pots from a racing puma with 295mm discs. The car on some occasions did actually lift the rear wheels lol. Stick some catcams in and take a trip to chip wizards!!!! bye bye 172.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, love it. Cheers for your help/advice.

For pure go-kart like fun, it's awesome. Obviously, being 15 years old, it makes some strange noises now and then, and there's a few tiny niggles which need sorting when I get five minutes, but overall, i'm chuffed to bits.

It's going to be 100x better still with big brakes & Bilsteins/Faulkners, too.

Obviously, should the right offer come along, everything's for sale! ;)

330i. E30 Touring.
It's not actively for sale, but everything has a price!

If I can sell for the right money, it goes, and I start another project!

330i. E30 Touring.
Well, as I'm sure some of you know already, the 106 met an untimely death last week. My fault entirely.

The car has been broken, and most of it sold already in bits.

If we could all bow our heads and say a few words of prayer.

RIP brother.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Well, as I'm sure some of you know already, the 106 met an untimely death last week. My fault entirely.

The car has been broken, and most of it sold already in bits.

If we could all bow our heads and say a few words of prayer.

RIP brother.

Explain?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols just writing it off like that!

Some folks are mental.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I "knew", but I don't "know", what actually happened? I loved this car, and had you not been a massive goober and came to the pizza hut meet I may? have seen it before it met its untimely demise....

330i. E30 Touring.
Pretty much, an equation as follows:

Too much speed+ lack of concentration/talent+ sweeping left corner= backwards into a wall and trees.

The car's a mess, but i had nothing more than a couple of scratches.

I've not lost any money, either, but it's still a crying shame.

The biggest talent fail to date.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah dude, its a real shame, you did a very good job of it tbh and it was a very quirky little car (from pics)

f**king glad I didn't come for that passenger ride though

Fiesta ST Stage 3
But on a + side you can now get on with another project ....................................... Then sell it to me ;)

Pretty much, an equation as follows:

Too much speed+ lack of concentration/talent+ sweeping left corner= backwards into a wall and trees.

The car's a mess, but i had nothing more than a couple of scratches.

I've not lost any money, either, but it's still a crying shame.

The biggest talent fail to date.

330i. E30 Touring.
Ah dude, its a real shame, you did a very good job of it tbh and it was a very quirky little car (from pics)

f**king glad I didn't come for that passenger ride though

LOL. Sods law, really. I'd only been thinking earlier that day about how some people drive like complete cnuts. Caught me out, bigtime.

But on a + side you can now get on with another project ....................................... Then sell it to me ;)

LOL.

Fancy a standard VTS? if not, PM me what you're after and I'll sort it, lol. :cool: