ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 Exige refresh

ValverInBits
K series. It was only yesterday I saw a rover going passing by with massive clouds coming out of it.

Character yes, and 10k disposable headgaskets too ;)

I'm really jelous mate. A great project and a really really cool car.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Lost count of the number fo MGFs ive seen at the side of the road with HGF.

The head should be back by wednesday.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
A guy at work has one and the top of the engine has started to sludge up around the cap.I told him to get shot

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yea it wont be far from being totally shot, expect a bill for 500+ if it goes.

if he only odes really short journeys it might just never be getting up to temperature

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Never got round to updating this thread so here is some pics-

Got the head back, all 16 shims were wrong size, all changed, some porting has been done to the head.

Image508.jpg

Image505.jpg

New Payen head asket fitted to try avoid failure in the future

Image512.jpg

Head fitted with new bolts

Image513.jpg

Image514-1.jpg

New painted cam cover fitted

Image526-1.jpg

The leads were fcked so bought some red magnecor ones (not shown)

Took a few turns over by hand then started after a few turns with the throttle fully open - :D

Fitted a new front splitter too while I had the car up off the ground -

Image543.jpg

Image544-1.jpg

No pictures of the full car yet, not been home from work early enough to see it in the light :(

Last edited:
  Deja vu 182
Nice car would love one if the mrs eventually passes her driving test , good old k series engine could of done a headgasket blindfolded after working at a Landrover dealer for 5 years!!! k series in freelanders had everything going against them tbh

Turbos.
Looking good.. know how much power it will be pushing?

Just a reminder if you want some Motorsport wheels, i'm your man! Also might be getting rid of the Motorsport splitter.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
hopefully the 190 its meant to be, as you know they were never 190 from the factory :D

The new MLS gasket is the choice for elises gav, the payen I chose is meant to be better for the VHPD K series

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Blythswood Phil???

x

Ha no, thought you would know that area better than that ;), its woodside crescent off charing-X

BenR - have you driven a K20 Elise/Exige? The idle inside the car is a vibrating drone which goes right through you. Idle on the Exige Rover K series makes the car move its so lumpy :evil:

Got to admit makes it fooking quick though.

As much as honda engines do great things, they are SOOOOOOO boring.

I've got a soft spot for the B series, but all the newer engines are dull and characterless like you say.

And if you want to upset any of the honda owners, just tell them that their K20 isnt as advanced as they would like to think lol.

Exige S1 + Honda S1
A 300bhp audi 1.8t conversion is almost 12k fred, tres rapid though

guglielmi car is about 600bhp i think?