ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung galaxy note 4 problems

Mini Cooper S
Phones been bullet proof until recently its not even 12 months old! started to get quite hot randomly and now the battery drains really fast for no reason. I've tried everything resets, reboots, removing sd card etc etc anyone any ideas before I throw it on the main road?

Have you looked at what apps are draining the battery? Might be a certain one causing it. If its a fault, should still be in warranty, give samsung a call.

1.7 cdti
My note 3 does it occasionally , samsung have decent warranties just look on their website . My galaxy tab was back to me 2or 3 days after I sent it

Mini Cooper S
Yeah ill give them a call should still be in warranty. Yeah I've tried looking at the apps nothing stands out all using up similar percentages and I often close them during the day. Spoke to ee today who's response was use my banks insurance cheers for that never came accross such a company with the worst customer service ever!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Touch wood I've been very lucky. Some apps like maps etc that run in the background can get really hot. Various apps can get the phone very hot if left.

Cleanmaster a greenify might help. Do you run the stock launcher? Loads of samsung apps and s**t is installed as standard so it won't be helping.

Mini Cooper S
Touch wood I've been very lucky. Some apps like maps etc that run in the background can get really hot. Various apps can get the phone very hot if left.

Cleanmaster a greenify might help. Do you run the stock launcher? Loads of samsung apps and s**t is installed as standard so it won't be helping.

Yeah I've removed most of the s**t that's on it just the bare bones really. Yeah it gets really warm when running the maps app thankfully I don't use it that often. Best way I can describe the problem is as if I'm running the map app with temp it's getting and battery life. It's so random though no pattern to it at all. I'll get it back to samsung get it sorted. I'm going to get myself the nexus 6p I think when stock becomes available again.

Mini Cooper S
Phone has been fine since Monday night all back to normal. Just ordered myself a nexus 6 at a very cheap price looks like the Mrs has got a free upgrade!

Mini Cooper S
How much was the Nexus 6? I need a new phone as I've smashed the screen on my Note 3.
It was £320 for the 64gb which I don't think was bad mind you the prices would drop due to the new ones coming out. Ordered it from somewhere I've never heard of before fingers crossed it's legit haha

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Still pretty good. Size and feel in the hand compared with the N4? It looks a big beast!

Great price by the way.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Might be worth trying a new battery?
Even if it's a sealed unit, it shouldn't be too difficult to swap them out.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Samsung has a decent warranty? Err, disagree strongly!

I found my Note 4 did this and it was down to Googles location services running in background. It was always majorly noticeable when using Google Maps. Check your service preferences and see if it kills the battery drain.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Maps cause major heat, you need things like greenify etc to make these phones work well, I also use Nova Launcher.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Maps cause major heat, you need things like greenify etc to make these phones work well, I also use Nova Launcher.
Whats greenify mate? I'm still loving my N4 and not had one complaint since owning it. Still using the stock launcher too. :hushed:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Me either. Grennify just helps keep all the shitty apps from running in the background. I'm a stickler for stripped back stuff and clean systems. Touchwiz isn't that clean as standard so I just made the phone how I wanted.

Grennify, cleanmaster and delete and disable all the s**t that clogs the phone up, like a stock android almost but with better specs and camera etc. Best of both worlds.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Keep changing my wallpaper right enough but Nova Launcher is a must or some sort of launcher anyway. I installed it the day I got it and never looked back.

8e47aae527462de1cca8944ef51c3924.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Well finally got my hands on the nexus 6 and after a day or two of messing around with it I've realised stock android is awesome and should of gone to the nexus device's years ago! The phone itself is very light and feels good in the hand I will need to get a case for it asap as If I drop it I don't think it would fair well. Another bonus is I got £260 for trading the note 4 in (Mrs couldn't get on with it) the nexus cost me £280 next day delivered with a free chromecast!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nexus 6 looks a good price now compared to 6p and it's still a good phone by looks of it. I'm tempted but its a bit big compared to my current phone.

Mini Cooper S
Not fancy the 6p?

Yeah but at £520 for the 128gb I didn't really want to spend that much and I quite fancy a moto 360 gen2 smart watch. I've still got another 12 months to go on my contract so will see whats available then or just go on a sim only deal don't like being tied in for 24 months.

Mini Cooper S
Nexus 6 looks a good price now compared to 6p and it's still a good phone by looks of it. I'm tempted but its a bit big compared to my current phone.
Yeah I couldn't get over how cheap it was and as I said abouve for the price of the 6p I could get the 6 and a moto 360.