ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Samsung PS42Q97 HD-TV

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...null&sm=null&tm=null&sku=306725&category_oid=

Has anyone got one of these? Im 99% sure this is the TV im going to buy. Ive had a good look at the AV forums but those guys are a bit, how shall we say "intense" for me and seem to get way too involved in silly things that to me seem a bit irrelevant.

Its got 3 HDMI ports which is a good thing. My only concern is that its not 1080(p/i I never remember which) does that really matter? Its going to be used for my 360/Sky+

Any opinions appreciated.

Cheers x

Edit - I know the title says 97 and the link is 96 but its the same tv

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
that Tv i'm sure is absolutaly fine, you are buying form a large company, with good reviews, i have a smaller samsung, and the guys on AV forum were complaining about the crap sound quality, but they must like you say be really intense as i think the sound is pretty damn good, and the tv itself, is amazing, so yeah it looks like a great TV, head down currys and take a look though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I have the Panasonic 42" plasma, and its tip top. Panasonic are one of the best brands around. Although Samsung are pretty good, I'd definitely recommend a Pana over them.

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL leave the boy alone he wants the Samsung

If you like the look of it then buy it. It doesnt really matter that it isnt 1080p mate there is feck all out and about at the moment that takes true advatntage of it and on a 42" set you arent likely to see much difference in quality IMO

LOL leave the boy alone he wants the Samsung

If you like the look of it then buy it. It doesnt really matter that it isnt 1080p mate there is feck all out and about at the moment that takes true advatntage of it and on a 42" set you arent likely to see much difference in quality IMO

Cheers butter.

172 cup TT
thats the same Samsung as im about to order too in the next few days.... done loads of reasearch, and watched a fair few and it came up trumps all round for everything i want(price included).. looks fantastic too